|Date Of Birth||November 5, 1980|
|Age||40 years 5 months 13 days|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Nickname||Roids (his football mates him named that because he has huge muscles compared to his head size)|
|Religion||Christianity (Not very religious)|
|Nationalities||American , Australian|
|Trademarks||Ripped Body , Massive Head|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 10 Inches
|Father||Craig Hemsworth (social services counselor)|
|Mother||Leonie Hemsworth (maiden name- Leonie van Os; English teacher)|
|Son||Alexandre Hemsworth (born in 2013)|
|Wife||Samantha Hemsworth (married in 2007)|
|Daughters|| Holly Hemsworth (born in 2009) |
Ella Hemsworth (born in 2010)
Harper Rose Hemsworth (born in 2012)
|Brothers|| Chris Hemsworth (Actor; popular for playing Thor) |
Liam Hemsworth (Actor)
|Cousins|| Rob Hemsworth |
Robert Hemsworth (Cook)
Taylor Hemsworth (second cousin)
|Uncle||Rod Ansell (Aunt's husband; he was a bushman & inspired Crocodile Dundee(1986))|
|Grandfather||Martin van Os (Maternal; Dutch immigrant)|
|Nephews|| Sasha Hemsworth (Son of Chris Hemsworth; Twin of Tristan) |
Tristan Hemsworth (Son of Chris Hemsworth; Twin of Sasha)
|Niece||India Rose Hemsworth (Daughter of Chris Hemsworth)|
|Aunt||Joanne van Os (Maternal; author)|
|Sister In-Law||Elsa Pataky|
|Education (Graduation)||Contemporary art (Deakin University)|
|Education (High School)||Heathmont High School|
|Alma Mater||Deakin University |
National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) (Kensington, New South Wales, Australia)
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Bryan Brown (costar)|
|Favorite Foods|| fish and chips |
|Favorite Sport||Football (Australian rules football)|
|Likes||Star Wars (Movies) |
|Favorite sports person||Casey Stoner (MotoGp Champion)|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Luke Hemsworth Twitter Profile|
|Instagram Profile||Luke Hemsworth Instagram Profile|
Luke Hemsworth is an Australian TV & Movie actor. He is the older brother of popular actors- Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth. He is popular for playing- Ashley Stubbs in Westworld(2016), Gregory Campbell in Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, Nathan Tyson in Neighbours, Shannon Gazal in Last Man Standing.
Luke Hemsworth was born on 5th November 1980 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to Craig Hemsworth(Father)- a social services counselor & Leonie Hemsworth (Leonie van Os)(Mother)- an English teacher. He grew up in Phillip Island, Australia.
- Luke Hemsworth (born in 1980)
- Chris Hemsworth (born in 1983)
- Liam Hemsworth (born in 1990)
Image: Hemsworth Brothers- Luke, Chris, Liam
- National Institute of Dramatic Art: Luke attended the institution for training in acting, alumni of the prestigious institution include- Cate Blanchett, Mel Gibson, Sam Worthington, Toni Collette and others.
Luke Hemsworth & Samantha Hemsworth
Luke is married to Samantha Hemsworth, they married on 15th December 2007. The couple have four children:
- Holly Hemsworth (born 2009)
- Ella Hemsworth (born 2010)
- Harper Rose Hemsworth (born 2012)
- Alexandre Hemsworth (born 2013)
Image: Luke Hemsworth Family: Wife, Daughters & Son
Facts & Trivia
- Hemsworth brother are all into acting, Luke was the first among the brothers to get into acting.
- Love for acting: Luke thinks the brothers developed love for imagination because of their disciplinarian mother who would carry the TV off into closet for months if they ever did mischief. It forced them to be creative to be entertained.
- Brothers were brought up pretty rough, the boys were physically strong and threw punches at each other to settle things, would use air rifles to mess with each other. Luke & Chris would wrap Liam in protective clothes and shoot him with air rifles.
- Luke has been a personal trainer to his brothers.
- Chris & Liam did not get along as kids, they would fight for everything, Their parents would leave Liam with Luke at the grandparents while Chris would be away with his uncle.
- Luke moved to Los Angeles in 2013 when he was chosen to be Chris's personal trainer for Thor.
- He is very supportive of his brothers, he accompanies them to their film premiers.
- First Job: His first job was pumping gas at a gas station (AJs Autos), he was 14 at the time and had learnt changing tyres and other auto stuff.
- Ancestry: Luke is of Dutch, English, German, Irish, Scottish descent. His maternal grandfather is of Dutch ancestry.
- Flooring business: Luke was working in the flooring & timber business before acting, both his brothers worked with him before their acting career took off.
- He is the oldest of Hemsworth brothers, but he is the shortest of them all, he had a brick fall on him when he was a kid, he suspects (jokingly) that it might have stunted his height. The brick left a lump on his head, he calls it Eduardo.
- He has a super muscular ripped body.
- He likes wildlife.
- He loves dressing up for costume party
- Ice Bucket Challenge: Chris, Liam and Luke all took the challenge in 2014.
- Very Athletic: Apart from Surfing he is pretty good at swimming too, he used to win school swimming carnival competitions. He also loves rock climbing & hand gliding
- Screen Actors Guild Award: He was nominated along with the cast of Westworld in the category 'Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series'.
- He has a massive head, he is a more than moderate 177cm tall, but his head and ripped body make him look short, also his brothers are giants, thus comparatively makes him look short.
- His parents are involved with Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Australian Football: He played Australian rules football when young. He played it for 10 years.
- He has been critical of American president Donald Trump.
- Pets: He loves pets, has had dogs named Wally & Miko, Blu, parrot named Polly and another pet Thumper.
- His first car was a Alpha Romeo.
- He used to draw a lot as a kid, his elder daughter Holly & the next one Ella do sketches a lot as well.
- Luke helped his brother Chris with handling the baby.
- Tourism Australia: Luke has appeared in a Dundee ad for 'Tourism Australia' in 2018
- Uncle Rod Ansell: Luke's maternal aunt Joanne van Os is married to bushman Rod Ansell who was the inspiration to the Australian classic Crocodile Dundee (1986). Luke appeared in an 'Australia Tourism' ad as crocodile Dundee in 2018. His aunt Joanne has written about that in detail in her biography 'Outback Heart'.
- He has appeared on the shows- Jimmy Kimmel Live, Made in Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Saturday Night Live
- Never go to bed angry: His advice to young couple (originally given to his brother Liam Hemsworth & singer Miley Cyrus)
- Instagram feud with brothers: Hemsworth brothers are known to exchange cheeky lines, They have defaced each other's magazine covers, made fun of character dolls of each others, comparing their mights and muscles. The sibling rivalry is still strong and going
- Australian Love: Luke hopes to return to Australia eventually, his older children are accustomed to Australian ways, they have an Australian accent. "It is a time in our life where we've to live here & hopefully we will shift back to Australia.. but we are not locked in either way" says Luke regarding it.
- Mallacoota Fires Support Fund: He helped raise funds to support the families and wildlife affected by the Forest fires of 2019-20 in Australia.
- LA children's hospital: He has helped raise funds for children's hospital through bike riding events
- Fight against ovarian cancer: He helped his friend raise funds to fight ovarian cancer.
- Loves bugs: His instagram has more pics of lizards, frogs, butterflies and spiders than his children.
- Death of Me
- Crypto(2019)- Caleb
- Encounter(2018)- Will Dawkins
- River Runs Red(2018)- Von
- We Are Boats(2018)- Lucas
- Thor: Ragnarok(2017)- Thor
- Hickok(2017)- Wild Bill Hickok
- The Osiris Child(2016)- Travek (voice)
- Infini(2015)- Charlie Kent
- Kill Me Three Times(2014)- Dylan Smith
- The Reckoning(2014)- Detective Jason Pearson
- The Anomaly(2014)- Agent Elkin
TV Series List
- Westworld(2016-)- Ashley Stubbs
- Winners & Losers(2012)- Jackson Norton
- Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms(2012)- Shadow
- The Bazura Project(2011)- Villain
- Tangle(2009)- John
- The Elephant Princess(2009)- Harry
- Carla Cametti PD(2009)- Electrician
- Neighbours(2001-2008)- John Carter
- Satisfaction(2007)- Paul the Butcher
- All Saints(2005)- Ben Simpson
- Last Man Standing(2005)- Shannon Gazal
- Blue Heelers(2004)-Glen Peters
- The Saddle Club(2003)- Simon
- Dillon Francis: Say Less(2017) (short)
- City Slickers in Westworld(2017) (short)- Ashley Stubbs
News & Updates
- Attended Sandiago Comic Con 2019 in July 2019 to promote "West World"
- [About his brothers] They are quite tall (Big too), but they are actually very soft, I beat them, on every chance I get, they cry a lot, I take great joy in making them cry.
- Watching Chris achieve all that success crystallized in my mind that it was what I wanted to do. And that I couldn't stay sanding floors for the rest of my life. [He is in flooring business]
- [About balancing acting in a complex movie] You focus on work at hand, trying to be present at the moment and leaving the rest to others. That works for me.
- I don't understand why someone would want to take a photo of us (brothers) getting out of a car or on the beach. I think that's really weird.
- I've seen sharks in the ocean, it hasn't made me get out of the ocean
- [About Miley Cyrus] She loves our kids, and our kids absolutely love her. She won our hearts. She is mature above her age. She's very much like Liam, they actually are a perfect match in a lot of ways.
- I was born in Melbourne but I feel like a gypsy.
- Chris is a freak, he doesn’t have to work out at all. Us mortals have to work out a little bit harder than Chris does (to keep the body in shape)
- I'm the 'short, dumb' Hemsworth brother
- I could probably live in London if you had better surf. 
- I don't think most people decide to become an actor because they want to be followed around all the time 
- I was all ridiculously oversized calves and thighs and biceps and head. My head is massive. My head is, like, off the charts. 
- ..from our grandparents we all developed a great sense of humor and from our parents a great work ethic 
- Australia holds a very sort of dear spot in my heart, our family' heart, we sort of have a lot of connections to that part of the world
- My kids give me the biggest sense of inspiration and joy. There's not a day where I don't laugh at them and with them
- In a lot of ways Chris & Liam are definitely worlds ahead of me in the industry.. It's certainly not a bad thing, but.. make it a bit harder for me because of the preconceptions that come along with being a Hemsworth