Kidada is an American actress, model and fashion designer. Jones is wildly popular for her work as a designer for The Walt Disney Company, where she has given a line known as Kidada for Disney Couture.
Kidada is the elder daughter of composer Quincy Jones who is an African American and actress Peggy Lipton. She was born in Los Angeles, California. Jones was raised in Bel-Air, with her younger sister Rashida Jones, who is now an actress and screenwriter. Jones went for the Los Angeles Fashion Institute for Design and Merchandising. She discontinued it at age 19 to work with designer Tommy Hilfiger.
Kidada has a relationship with LL Cool J from 1992 to 1994. He broke up with her because of her spiritual beliefs which he mentions in his book I Make My Own Rules. She was engaged to Tupac Shakur at the time of his death in 1996. Jones was married to Jeffrey Nash from 2003 until 2006, and they have remained friends.
Facts and Trivia
- KIDADA DREAMED OF ONE DAY CREATING WHAT SHE CALLS A "CLASSROOM OF THE HEART"... WHERE STUDENTS LEARN HOW TO PROCESS WHAT THEY FEEL ON THE INSIDE, BUT RARELY DISCUSS.
- KIDADA HAS WRITTEN A NEW BOOK SHE TITLED, "SCHOOL OF AWAKE." HER INTENTION IS TO HELP A NEW GENERATION OF YOUNG GIRLS UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO DISCOVER THEIR OWN AUTHENTIC POWER AND KNOW THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH: THAT WE ARE ALL CONNECTED.
- Kidada confesses that she never felt good about school.
- Was bad at spelling and maths and teachers were not entirely supportive.
- Has been expelled from 11 schools by age 15.
- SHE REALLY CRAVED WAS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WORLD AROUND HER.
- She would do videotapes of herself pretending to be the teacher and write little curriculums out during childhood.
- KIDADA TEACHES THE GIRLS THE IMPORTANCE OF STAYING TRUE TO YOUR INNER SELF, AN IDEA SHE DESCRIBES AS THE HEARTSTAR.
- Her home was often visited by Michael Jackson and Abdul Kareem Jabbar.
- She styled Michael Jackson for Vibe cover in 1995.
- Tommy Hilfiger launched a successfully campaign with her in the lead along with few others.
- Worked as a muse for Tommy Hilfiger for 8 years.
- Designed a clothing line for Snoop Dogg for 3
- Has appeared as a model in Elle, Vogue, Harpe’s Bazaar.
- I came from a very warm family, very close family, very loving, very supportive. I did grow up in a spiritual household. I think both of my parents have really strong foundations.
- Spirituality had always been a really big part of my life since I was about 8 or 9 years old.
- I think this generation is much more confident and capable than we give them credit for. I think they just need a little bit of a reminder and a little bit of a guidance just remember to visit that space more often.
- The heart star is--it's our soul's GPS, it's our intuition, it's the little voice that we ignore sometimes. I like to call it home base and like the baseball diamond because it's where we should all start off and where we should all finish our day is with our heart star. It's our best friend.
- I think breathing is so deeply connected to staying centered because I think that's the gate from the world that we live in on the outside to the world that exists inside of us on the inside.
- Writing a love letter to yourself is really about looking in the mirror and talking to yourself and appreciating all the incredible things about you.
- I have fulfilled something that was really something that I wanted to do since I was a little girl. You just don't have to be a straight A student to be a great being in the world.