Martin Daniels [Deleted]
|Date Of Birth||August 19, 1963|
|Age||56 years 9 months 17 days|
|Day of Birth||Monday|
|Place Of Birth||South Bank, Cleveland, England|
|Professions||Singer , Magician , TV host , Comedian , Dancer , Radio Host|
|Other Name||Martin P. Daniels|
|Ethnicities||British , Caucasian|
|Body Features & Measurements|
2 Feet 6 Inches
5 Feet 8 Inches
|Father||Paul Daniels (Magician & TV presenter; 1938-2016)|
|Son||Lewis Daniels (Magician)|
|Brothers|| Paul Daniels (Older) |
Gary Daniels (Younger; IT manager)
|Grandfather||Handel Newton Daniels (Paternal; cinema projectionist)|
|Grandmother||Nancy Lloyd (Paternal)|
|Stepmother||Debbie McGee (Radio & TV performer)|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Martin Daniels [Deleted] Twitter Profile|
|Official Website||Martin Daniels [Deleted] Official Website|
|Web Contact||Web Contact|
|Talent Agents|| Alan Warner |
Martin Daniels is a British Magician, entertainer, TV & Radio presenter. He performs his tricks on stage as well as on TV & videos. Presenting Game for A Laugh is one of the highlights of his career.
Martin Daniels was born on 19th August 1963 in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England to Paul Daniels(Father)- a magician and entertainer & Jacqueline Skipworth(Mother). Paul was 21 years old and Jacqueline was just 17 when they got married.
Image: Young Martin Daniels with his father Paul Daniels
Martin Daniels: Facts & Trivia
- Martin's parents divorced when he was 11 years old, they had separated when Martin was about 5.
- Martin started his career doing magic stunts with his father on his show- Paul Daniels show. He was about 15 when he started working backstage learning his crafts. He was performing alone by the age of 17.
- He was 21 when he started appearing in TV. One of his was among the most watched throughout England with more than 17 Million viewers.
- Grand Order of Water Rats: He is a member of the oldest(established in 1889) British entertainment industry fraternity & charity organization in London
- Game for Laughs: It was one of the shows which was first of the reality shows, it paved ways for many such ways.
- Club in the United States: He opened a music and magic club in California, United States in 1989
- Bankruptcy: After investing in the club he went officially bankrupt in 1993.
- BBC Radio: He has worked on the BBC Radio Lincolnshire.
- Pantomime: He has performed at the musical comedy stage production
- His father Paul Daniels was the first non-American to be Hollywood Academy of Magical Arts's 'Magician of the Year'.
- Brothers: His brother Paul was convicted in a crime (of drug dealing), his younger brother Gary was facing trials some time ago.
- As a kid Martin and his brothers did not get to see much of their father, he was always travelling and performing, his father Paul was very famous at the time.
- He has preformed shows on Cruise ships.
- He was associated with artists - Jane McDonald, Jeremy Beadle, Lenny Henry, Les Dennis, MC Hammer in his early years.
- Cunning Stunts: A book by Martin on 50 pub tricks & brain teasers
- Street Magic: He did street magic for a BBC show, he was the earliest magician to do street magic on TV, BBC at that time felt it was odd to go on the streets and trick people for a show and pulled the show off. Later street magic became quite popular.
- He has passion for travelling, he travelled around India on the motor bike with his friends.
Martin Daniels: Quotes
- Fame is a strange thing, it is here today and gone tomorrow it seems, when I started as a performer, the thought of television was way distant.
- (About his success at young age) Because I was 21 and young and blonde and beautiful I got a different kind of attention. I literally had teenage girls screaming and chasing after me.
- When you are in the studio, and you are not busy, everyone else is, leave them alone.
- My Dad was very popular when we were kids, he would disappear for months performing in various clubs and travelling
- There was no time when I did not want to be in show business, I just wanted to be performing be it singing, dancing, magic, hosting.
- I have always been a comedy buff, I have loads of old stuff, books and dvds.
- I was totally at calm and ease even at my first gig as a performer.
- I'm a comedian that does magic.
- India is like no other place, I have been everywhere in the world.
- I was up so early this morning, I look like my passport photo.
- I love airports in the morning.
Martin Daniels: Filmography
- Lingo: a show he presented.
- Children's Royal Variety Show: He has performed there 5 times.
- How Magic Changed TV(2017): A TV documentary
- When Magic Goes Horribly Wrong(2016): He narrated the TV documentary
- Ross Noble: Freewheeling(2013): TV series
- Penn & Teller: Fool Us(2011): A magic TV series
- The Les Dennis Laughter Show(1987): He played various characters on the show, he was one of the lead actors
- Wizbit(1986): He portrayed Squidgy Bog in the Family Fantasy TV Series starring Debbie McGee, Gary Martin, Paul Daniels in the lead.
- The Little and Large Show(1983)
- 6 O'Clock Show(1982)
- Game for a Laugh(1981): He preesnted the show at age 18, he was a young attractive blonde with long hair.