Linda Lee Cadwell
|Date Of Birth||March 21, 1945|
|Age||77 years 10 months 18 days|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Place Of Birth||Everett, Washington, United States|
|Birth Name||Linda Emery|
|Full Name||Linda C. Emery|
|Other Name||Linda Lee|
|Residence||Rancho Mirage, California|
|Languages||Chinese , English|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 7 Inches
|Hair color||Light Blonde|
|Mother||Vivian R. Hester|
|Son||Brandon Bruce Lee (born 1965 - death 1993)|
|Daughter||Shannon Emery Lee (born 1969)|
|Brothers In-Law|| Peter Lee (Bruce Lee's Brother) |
Robert Lee (Bruce Lee's Brother)
|Granddaughter||Wren Keasler (Daughter of Shannon Lee)|
|Son In-Law||Anthony Ian Keasler (Husband of Shannon Lee)|
|Father In-Law||Lee Hoi-chuen (Bruce Lee's father)|
|Mother In-Law||Grace Ho (Bruce Lee's Mother)|
|Sisters In-Law|| Phoebe Lee (Bruce Lee's Sister) |
Agnes Lee (Bruce Lee's Sister)
|Education (Graduation)||University of Washington|
|Education (High School)||Meany Junior High , Garfield High School|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Husbands|| Bruce Lee (married 1964- divorced 1973) |
Tom Bleecker (married 1988- divorced 1990)
Bruce Cadwell (married 1991-)
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Official Website||Linda Lee Cadwell Official Website|
Linda Lee Cadwell is an American Teacher born on 21st March 1945 in Everett, Washington to Vivian R. Hester(Mother) & Everett Emery(Father). She was raised in a Baptist family. Her father died when she was just 5 years old. After the death of her father She, her mom and elder sister moved to Seattle.
Linda Lee Cadwell & Bruce Lee
Linda Lee Meets Bruce Lee: Linda Emery was a student at the Garfield High School, Bruce Lee (the Martial artist & actor) visited the High school demonstrating Kung Fu and that is how they first met. After her High School she joined University of Washington where Bruce Lee was a student, inspired by his Kung Fu she decided to learn Kung Fu and joined him as a student.
Image: Young Linda with Bruce Lee
Marriage: Linda & Bruce Lee soon started dating in October 1961, back then it was not common for an Asian man to marry a white woman, she married Bruce Lee on 17th August 1964. She has two children with him, a son named Brandon Bruce Lee (born in 1964) & a Daughter named Shannon Emery Lee (born in 1969). Both of her children became actors and martial artists following their father's footsteps.
Image: Linda Lee Family: husband Bruce Lee, son Brandon, daughter Shannon
Her husband Bruce Lee died in 1973 of cerebral edema. Her son Brandon died in a shooting accident while shooting for the movie The Crow in 1993. Not being able to take care of a young family all by herself she sold copyrights of Bruce Lee to measly sum (Which her daughter bought back later paying hefty amount)
Second Marriage: Linda married Tom Bleecker, an author and screenwriter in 1988, they however divorced soon after in 1990. Tom Bleecker has written a biographical book on Bruce Lee named 'The Bruce Lee Story' with Linda.
Third Marriage: Linda married Bruce Cadwell, a stock broker in 1991, they have been together since then, they do not have any biological children together, they live in Rancho Mirage, California.
Image: Linda Lee Cadwell with Bruce Cadwell
Linda along with her daughter Shannon promote the martial arts system 'Jeet Kune Do' invented by Bruce Lee. Linda and Shannon have a Memorial website for Bruce Lee & Family.
Books by Linda Lee Cadwell: Linda has written couple of Biographical books on Bruce Lee. Some of her books are:
- The Bruce Lee Story (with Tom Bleecker)
- Bruce Lee: The Man Only I Knew(1975): It was turned into a biographical film with Lauren Holly portraying Linda Lee & Jason Scott Lee playing Bruce Lee
- The Life And Tragic Death Of Bruce Lee
- Bruce Lee: The Tao of the Dragon Warrior
- The Warrior Within
- Linda is of Dutch, English, Irish, Swedish descent.
- She kept Lee's surname even after his demise in his memory.
- Linda, along with her daughter Shannon runs Bruce Lee Foundation, an organization dedicated to help the needy and spread philosophy of Bruce Lee & his Life history.
- She was a cheerleader at High school.
- She took pre-medicine at college
- After returning to US after Bruce Lee's death she took to teaching, she taught Kindergarten kids.
- She wanted to become a doctor in her childhood, but seeing that her mother couldn't afford to pay her fees she chose teaching.
- Her mother initially did not like her daughter marrying a Chinese person. In fact most of her family initially did not like them getting married. Her mother did attend the wedding though and Bruce Lee grew on her over time.
- No one knows how Bruce died, but I'd rather remember the way he lived.