Freddie Highmore is a British actor, He is known for playing Peter Davies in Finding Neverland(2004), Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(2005), Norman Bates in Bates Motel, George Zinavoy in The Art of Getting By(2011). Jared/ Simon Grace in The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008).
Freddie Highmore was born on 14th February 1992 in Camden Town, London, England to Sue Latimer(Mother)- a talent agent & Edward Highmore(Father)- an actor. They have a younger brother named Bertie Highmore. He grew up in Highgate, North London
Image: Freddie Highmore with parents- Sue Latimer & Father Edward Highmore
Image: Freddie Highmore with Mom Sue Latimer
Freddie Highmore Education
- Schooling: Freddie attended schools in Hampstead Garden Suburb, Hampstead. He attended Highgate School. He has attended LSE Summer School as well as Brookland Junior and Infant School.
- College: Freddie went to Emmanuel College affiliated to Cambridge University. He graduated with first class in both his majors Spanish & Arabic.
Freddie is a brilliant student as well, he has 10 A* grades in total- Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, Geography, Latin, Mathematics, Physics, Spanish
Freddie Highmore Facts & Trivia
- His mother Sue Latimer is a popular talent agent in London, she has high profile actors like- Daniel Radcliffe & Imelda Staunton as clients. Daniel's father Alan Radcliffe was classmate of Sue Latimer.
- Freddie's mother Sue is his agent.
- Freddie Highmore started his acting career at the age of 7 with small roles on TV.
- Acting with family: His younger brother Bertie played his brother in the movie Women Talking Dirty, His father Edward played his father in the TV movie Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story (2001).
- Writing & Directing: Freddie ventured into the fields of writing with the episodes 'Unfaithful' (Season 4 episode 8), 'Inseparable'(season 5 episode 7) of Bates Motel. He directed the episode 'The Body'(Season 5 Episode 8) & an episode of 'The Good Doctor'
- As producer: Freddie has become an executive producer with the pilot of the show Long Distance
- Dedicated child actor: Marc Forster, the director of Finding Neverland (2004) scheduled Freddie's toughest scene in the film on the very second day so that it could inspire other actors
- He was selected to play a role in December Boys (2007) but he skipped it to attend this unwell grandmother
- Got into an encounter once with a bear in Vancouver. It turned out to be a prank on him by a fiend dressed as bear.
- Gulf Bank intern: He worked in Kuwait in 2012 as an intern
- During his course at the Emmanuel College he made a fake documentary on himself
- He went to Madrid through his Spanish course, he worked in a law firm there, he did translations between Spanish and English
- He had read the book before Charlie and Chocolate Factory but had not seen the original movie of 1971.
- Freddie was friends with Daniel Radcliffe even when they were kids and not into acting yet, their parents were friends.
- His frequent costar Johnny Depp on him- "He's very grown up, His brain works well beyond his years. He's really a sharp guy and a sweet, pure soul."
- Favorite pizza topping: Pineapple/ Ham/ Margherita/ Cheese/ Tomato
- For his role in August Rush he learnt Guitar for 6 months before the movie shooting start.
- Ancestry: He is of English & Scottish descent.
- Norman Bates: He was bored of playing similar roles and wanted to experiment with something different thus decided to play Norman Bates- the Psycho. Vera Farmiga who plays the main role of mother Norma Bates suggested to cast Freddie for the role after seeing his performance in The Art of Getting By.
- Freddie was born 7 months after Anthony Perkins (the actor who played Norman Bates in Psycho(1960) died
- He has stayed away from Twitter, Instagram & Facebook for the sake of privacy.
- After his role in Bates Motel his mother is said to have forbid him from calling her Mother.
- Godfather: He is godfather to actress Vera Farmiga's son, Fynn Hawkey. He would often stay at Vera Farmiga's house in Vancouver when they filmed together for the series Bates Motel (2013).
- Humor: When asked about his role as Dr. Shaun Murphy in 'The Good Doctor' he said he was morally compelled to play a doctor after playing Norman Bates in Bates Motel.
Freddie Highmore Filmography
Feddy Highmore TV Series List
- Leonardo(2020)- Stefano Giraldi
- The Good Doctor (2017-2020): He acted in the role of Dr. Shaun Murphy in the Drama produced by David Shore, cast included Nicholas Gonzalez, Antonia Thomas, Freddie Highmore. Freddie also produced episodes on the show. Freddie played the doctor who was autistic. He had rejected the offer at first because he was afraid he wouldn't have time to commit to something for that long.
- Bates Motel(2011-2017): He portrayed Norman Bates in this Mystery Drama produced by Carlton Cuse, Anthony Cipriano, Kerry Ehrin , cast included Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Vera Farmiga
- Close to the Enemy(2016): Freddie played Victor Ferguson in the Drama created by Little Island Productions with the cast of Lucy Ward, August Diehl, Jim Sturgess .
- Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story(2001): He played a minro role in the Fantasy Drama created by Jim Henson with stars- Mia Sara, Matthew Modine, Vanessa Redgrave in the main roles.
- The Mists of Avalon(2001): He portrayed Young Arthur in the Fantasy Drama mini series starring Julianna Margulies, Joan Allen, Anjelica Huston in the lead.
Feddy Highmore Movies List
- The Canterville Ghost- The Duke of Cheshire
- Dragon Rider(2020) (voice)
- Way Down(2020)- Thom Laybrick
- Tour de Pharmacy(2017) (tv movie): He portrayed Adrian Baton in the Sports TV movie directed by Jake Szymanski , cast includes Andy Samberg, Orlando Bloom, Freddie Highmore
- Almost Friends(2016): He played the character of Charlie in the Comedy Drama directed by Jake Goldberger starring Freddie Highmore, Odeya Rush, Christopher Meloni in the lead.
- The Journey(2016): Freddie Highmore was Jack in the Drama movie , it was directed by Nick Hamm with actors- Timothy Spall, Colm Meaney, John Hurt playing the lead characters.
- Justin and the Knights of Valour(2013): He voiced the character- Justin.
- The Art of Getting By(2011): He played the role of George Zinavoy in the Romantic Drama movie directed by Gavin Wiesen with actors- Michael Angarano, Emma Roberts, Freddie Highmore playing the lead characters.
- 'Master Harold' .. And the Boys(2010): He played Hally Ballard in this Drama directed by Lonny Price , cast includes Freddie Highmore, Patrick Mofokeng, Ving Rhames.
- Arthur 3: The War of the Two Worlds(2010): He voiced the role- Arthur in this Adventure Family movie directed by Luc Besson
- Toast(2010) (TV movie): He played the character of Nigel Slater in the TV Biographical directed by S.J. Clarkson with the cast Oscar Kennedy, Victoria Hamilton, Colin Prockter
- Arthur and the Great Adventure(2009): Freddie Highmore portrayed the character of Arthur in the Family movie directed by Luc Besson , it has Freddie Highmore, Fergie, Selena Gomez in the main roles.
- Astro Boy(2009): Freddie voiced Astro in the Comedy directed by David Bowers.
- A Fox's Tale(2008): He voiced the role- Little Jack in this Adventure Family movie directed by György Gát, János Uzsák
- The Spiderwick Chronicles(2008): He portrayed the roles of twins- Jared & Simon Grace in the supernatiural Family movie directed by Mark Waters , it has Sarah Bolger, David Strathairn, Freddie Highmore playing in the lead.
- August Rush(2007): Freddie Highmore was August Rush in the Drama movie directed by Kirsten Sheridan starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Freddie Highmore, Keri Russell in the lead.
- The Golden Compass(2007): He gave voice to Pantalaimon in the Family Fantasy movie directed by Chris Weitz , it features Daniel Craig, Nicole Kidman, Dakota Blue Richards in the cast.
- A Good Year(2006): He portrayed the role- Young Max in the Romantic Comedy movie directed by Ridley Scott with actors- Albert Finney, Abbie Cornish, Russell Crowe in the lead cast.
- Arthur and the Invisibles(2006): He acted as Arthur in this Family movie directed by Luc Besson starring Mia Farrow, Madonna, Freddie Highmore in the main roles.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(2005): He portrayed the character- Charlie Bucket in the movie , it was directed by Tim Burton, it features Johnny Depp, Freddie Highmore, David Kelly in the cast. Johnny Depp personally requested Freddie to play the role in the movie.
- Five Children and It(2004): He played the role of Robert in this Adventure Fantasy directed by John Stephenson with actors- Tara Fitzgerald, Alex Jennings, Freddie Highmore in the lead cast.
- Two Brothers(2004): He played the role- Raoul Normandin in this Adventure Family Drama movie directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud , it stars Guy Pearce, Jean-Claude Dreyfus, Freddie Highmore in the cast.
- Finding Neverland(2004): He portrayed the character- Peter Llewelyn Davies in the Family Biographical Drama movie directed by Marc Forster with Kate Winslet, Johnny Depp, Julie Christie in the lead cast.
- I Saw You (2002) (TV movie)- Oscar Bingley
- Happy Birthday Shakespeare(2000): He played the role- Steven Green in the Fantasy TV Comedy Drama directed by Nick Hurran starring Neil Morrissey, Dervla Kirwan, Sam Morris in the lead.
- Walking on the Moon(1999): He acted in a minor role in this Drama directed by Peter Kosminsky starring Freddie Highmore, Kate Gartside, Katie Lyons in the lead.
- Women Talking Dirty(1999): He played the role of Sam in the Comedy movie directed by Coky Giedroyc starring Eileen Atkins, Helena Bonham Carter, Gina McKee in the main roles.
- You're My Waterloo (2015): He has appeared in the lead (also on the cover) of the music video by The Libertines with Marama Corlett.
- Girls(2004)- He appeared in the music video of band 'The Prodigy'
- Astro Boy: The Video Game(2009)- Astro Boy
- The Spiderwick Chronicles(2008): Jared Grace & Simon Grace
- The Golden Compass(2007): Pantalaimon
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: - Charlie Bucket
Freddie Highmore Awards
- 2020: Best Actor in a Drama Series at the Critics' Choice Television Awards for his role in The Good Doctor
- 2019: Best Actor in a Drama Series (nomination) at the Critics' Choice Television Awards for his role in The Good Doctor
- 2018: Golden Globe Best Actor award nomination for his role in The Good Doctor
- 2018: Best actor award nomination at the Critics' Choice TV Awards
- 2018: The Male TV Star of 2018(nomination) at the People's Choice Awards for his role in The Good Doctor.
- 2017: People's Choice Awards won- Bates Motel
- 2017: Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actor for the role of Dr Shaun Murphy in the drama series The Good Doctor, it was produced by Freddie Highmore.
- 2017: Saturn Awards Nomination- Bates Motel
- 2016: Nomination at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards for Bates Motel
- 2016: Best Drama Actor award nominations at the Gold Derby Awards for his role in Bates Motel
- 2016: People's Choice Award for his role in drama thriller Bates Motel(a prequel to the classic movie Psycho)
- 2015: Best actor award nomination at the Critics' Choice TV Awards
- 2014: Best actor award nomination at the Critics' Choice TV Awards
- 2014: Satellite Awards- nomination for Best Actor- Bates Motel
- 2014: Saturn Awards Nomination- Bates Motel
- 2013: He was nominated for the third time at Critics' Choice TV Awards for his role as Norman Bates in Bates Motel.
- 2013: Won People's Choice Award for his role in Bates Motel.
- 2013: Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama
- 2013: Best Drama Actor award nominations at the Gold Derby Awards for his role in Bates Motel
- 2010: Young Artist Awards Nomination- Astro Boy
- 2009: Saturn Awards Nomination- The Spiderwick Chronicles
- 2009: Young Artist Awards Nomination- The Spiderwick Chronicles
- 2008: Best Young performer award nomination for his role in A Good Year(2007)
- 2008: Saturn Awards Won- August Rush
- 2008: Young Artist Awards Nomination- August Rush
- 2007: An award for his role in August Rush(2007) at the Capri Exploit Awards
- 2007: Young Artist Awards Nomination- Arthur and the Invisibles
- 2006: Young Artist Awards Nomination- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- 2006: Saturn Awards Nomination- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- 2006: He won the Best young performer of the year again for his role in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(2005) at the Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2005: Young Artist Awards won- Finding Neverland
- 2005: Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards won- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- 2005: Won the Best newcomer at the Empire Awards for Finding Neverland
- 2005: He was nominated at the Satellite Awards as Outstanding New Talent for the role in moive Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(2005).
- 2005: Satellite Awards won- Finding Neverland
- 2005: MTV Movie & TV Awards nomination- Finding Neverland
- 2005: London Film Critics' Circle Awards nomination- Finding Neverland
- 2004: Freddie won Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer for his role in Finding Neverland(2004).
- 2004: He was nominated for the Best Performance by a Younger Actor award at the Saturn Awards for his role in Finding Neverland(2004).
- 2004: Utah Film Critics Association Awards Nomination- Finding Neverland
- 2004: Las Vegas Film Critics' Society Awards- Finding Neverland
- 2004: He was nominated for the Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role at the Screen Actors Guild Awards for his role in Finding Neverland(2004).
- 2004: Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards won- 4 Finding Neverland
Freddie Highmore Quotes
- I am a bit more mature than some kids my age because I've spent more time with adults on sets.
- Kids like going to a movie and being really scared
- I have always liked languages.
- When you're eighteen, you can't act the kid any more(On the transition after child actor)
- Americans compliment me on losing the accent as if the American accent is the real accent.
- Two frequent questions people ask me- "Do you chocolates? Do you like Johnyy Depp?".
- You've got to be lucky enough for people to be asking after you.
- (About people recognizing him in England and fan frenzy) It is always raining in London & everyone is hiding under umbrellas, everyone is looking down, trying to avoid the next puddle, they won't see you unless you stand at the top and shout.
- For August Rush music is like Religion, he follows it dedicatedly.
- Staying in London and avoiding social media has kept me grounded
- Maybe I should just get some secret account on twitter and keep up to date with everything.
- I'm not sure what I would like to do when I'm older. I might want to travel and see the world
- Scary is good. Kids like going to a movie and being really scared rather than fake scared.
- [on being a celebrity in town] As long as you don't stand on the corner and wave your arms about, people don't notice you too much.
- I’ve been very lucky to have kept a normal life
- A university degree is a wonderful opportunity to get more life experience