Shantel VanSanten is an American TV & movie actress & Model. As a model she has been featured in magazines like Seventeen & Teen Vogue. She is known for her roles of Julie Swagger (in Shooter), Patty Spivot(The Flash), Vera Buckley(The messengers), Jessica Chapel(Gang Related), Quinn James(One Tree Hill), Lori(The Final Destination).
Shantel VanSanten was born on 25th July 1985 in Luverne, Minnesota, United States. She was brought up in Spring, Houston, Texas, United States.
Shantel VanSanten: Education
- Incarnate Word Academy: She attended all-girls Roman Catholic prep school located in Downtown Houston, Texas
- Texas Christian University: She graduated from TCU in Fort Worth, Texas
Shantel VanSanten: Trivia & Facts
- Ancestry: Shantel is of Dutch & Norwegian descent. 75% Dutch, 25% Norwegian. VanSanten comes from Holland. Her grandfathers had settled in Minnesota, they were diary farmers; other set of grandfathers raised cows and pigs for meat.
- Modeling career: Shantel started modeling at the age of 15, she worked with Page Parkes Management. Her modeling career continued till she was 20.
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search: Shantel was part of the reality TV show by NBC in January 2005, Shantel was eliminated in the first week, other participants on the show were- Adaora Akubilo, Stella Diaz. Stacey Klimek, Shannon Hughes, Alicia Hall were the finalists of the show and Alician Hall was the winner at the end of week 5
- Drawing Hope International: a women empowerment group which deals with rehabilitation of troubled women and empowerment through hope, beauty and coming out. She is part of this movement for a long time.
- Buddy TV's 100 Sexiest Women: Shantel was on the list at #24 in 2010 and #21 in 2011
- Team True Beauty: She has been the part of the team which stresses on the inner beauty of women and helps women deal with body image issue struggles. She was asked for an interview by the team and she felt immediately drawn and joined it.
- She wanted to be a Writer, became an actress accidentally. She studied Journalism at college.
- Fitness mantra: She works out 5 times a week with her personal training sessions and mix of Pilates
- She wanted to be a Nun as a kid, her mother however always thought Shantel would make a great actress.
- Siblings: She has two younger siblings, one brother and a sister. Brother is the youngest.
- She loves decorating, she designed her house furniture, clothes and stuff.
- 4 people she would want to meet: Anne Frank, Marilyn Monroe, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein
- Lung Force association: Shantel is associated with the group which helps fight lung cancer. Her grandmother died of lung cancer in 2014
- She has appeared in commercials for- Clean & Clear, Abercrombie & Fitch, Christian Audigier, Dillard's, Foley's.
- She played Christine in Brittany Murphy's last movie Something Wicked(2013) as Brittany's sister
- She is totally afraid of horror movies, she got into the 'The Final Destination' movie to get her fear of it.
- Fragile Bird: She was in the City & Colour Music video
- She participated in track and field events a school girl.
- She is friends with costar Bethany Joy Lenz, she was in the room when Bethany gave birth to her daughter Maria.
- Her favorite breakfast items: Greek yogurt and Granola
- She was against Twitter for a while, she thought sharing your boring life is absurd, she later discovered twitter can be used as a platform to reach people and inspire them with positivity.
- Women's Health Magazine: She is the member of the magazine, it is world's largest fitness magazine
- She has performed many stunts herself for the movie The Final Destination (2009).
Shantel VanSanten: Quotes
- Surviving means you have strength, intentions & purpose in your life, doesn't mean anybody took anything away from you, what matters is what you do with your life.
- Survivor is someone who has persevered, some who has prospered after the hardships.
- What you do with your life, how you live, the kindness you show, people you inspire, the love you give is what defines your life and gives you purpose, no on can ever take that away from you.
- We define our lives by what kind of person we are, how we live it.
- Some times we need to stop judging and start focusing on good things we do.
- It is a challenge to stay true to yourself when you are constantly being rejected, when compared to others.
- When you focus on the fact that you are unique in the entire world, that there is only one you, nobody is ever going go be like you it will keep you grounded. Surround yourself with people who are supportive of you.
- Sharing stories helps girls come out with their own stories and that helps more people feel that they are not alone.
- We are better than we know, perhaps if we can be made to see it for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for this.
- My family would never let me be a vegetarian
- I always wanted to write, acting kind of found me.
- You have to be ambitious in this industry. There are so many auditions you go on before you ever get a job.
- She likes science and has been to NASA center being a Houston native.
- My Christmas presents every year were pair of Wooden shoes (talking about her Dutch and Norwegian background)
- I'm so nervous, the first time I had to speak I threw up the whole day before, I was really shaking.
- My style is dependent on my moods, so I feel like it's all over the place.
- I am happiest when I'm sitting on my parent's couch, with the fireplace on and talking to my family.
- 99% of the world has flaws. (about people being judgmental of others)
- Gaze in wonder at the awe inspiring world around you. Stop for a moment and just be present
- I always take time at the end of the year in reflection for what was, as I prepare to move
- You are strong, resilient and you can overcome and empower yourself. I believe in you
- I will always send love & light when tragedy happens. Prayers are needed but gun laws MUST change (About Texas is shooting)
- Whether you pushed me or pulled me, drained me or fueled me, loved me or left me, hurt me or helped me, you were a part of my growth. I want to say Thank You.
- Love begins with the experience of being understood in highly supportive and uncommon ways.
- I will no longer feel guilt for other people's actions or shame for their violations. Too long you all had the power... not anymore. #MeToo
- I'm a Texas girl so I've been shooting guns since I opened my eyes and I'm competing at everything
- Allow yourself to let go of any stories that steal joy from you.