|Date Of Birth||May 20, 1992|
|Age||28 years 10 months 29 days|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Place Of Birth||Cork, Ireland|
|Other Name||Patrick West|
|Languages||English , Irish|
|Ethnicities||Caucasian , Irish|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 7 Inches
|Sisters|| Hannah Gleeson |
|Education||Leinster School of Music and Drama|
|Education (High School)||Gonzaga College (2004-2010)|
|Education(College)||Trinity College, Dublin (philosophy & theology)|
|Alma Mater||Trinity College, Dublin|
|Debut (Movie)||Reign of Fire(2002)|
|Salary||960,000 (GoT annual)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Actors|| Charles Dance (co-star & grandpa on GoT) |
|Favorite TV shows|| Sherlock |
The West Wing
|Favorite Character||Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator)|
|Favorite Word||Crepuscular (meaning: something resembling twilight)|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Jack Gleeson Twitter Profile|
|Net worth||$8 Million|
Jack Gleeson is an Irish actor born in Cork, Ireland on 20th May 1992. Jack is popular for having acted as young king Joffrey Baratheon in the HBO blockbuster Game of Thrones.
Image: Jack Gleeson childhood snap from Batman Begins(2005)
Jack has discontinued acting for Film & TV, now he has taken to acting in the theater full time. They started the theater company Collapsing Horse with the show Bears in Space(2016).
Some of the movies he has appeared in are- Reign of Fire(2002), Batman Begins(2005), Shrooms(2007), A Shine of Rainbows(2009), All Good Children (2010). Moving Day (2002), Fishtale (2003), Tom Waits Made Me Cry (2004) are some of his short movies.
Killinaskully & Game of Thrones are among the TV series she has appeared in. Game of Thrones in particular made him known to a larger audience.
Jack Gleeson Interesting Facts
- Jack's acting profession started at the age of 7 in theater.
- Since 2014 he has his own theatre company with which he tours performing around the world.
- Collapsing Horse Company: He is the founder & director of the theater company.
- Jack has sisters in Emma Gleeson & Rachel Gleeson who are also actors.
- Gradation: Jack is studying at the Trinity College, Dublin for his degree in philosophy & theology. He is a recipient of the scholarship at the university (he was one of the 103 given the honor)
- DU Players: Jack is a member of the Dublin drama group named DU players.
- He doesn't speak swear words, he avoids them in rehearsals and uses only on the actual take.
- He is considered very friendly by his co-stars despite his mean and violent character in Game of Thrones.
- He wants to be an academic, possibly do a PhD in Hebrew & become a professor in philosophy.
- He has been nominated twice at the Screen Actors Guild Awards(2011,2013).
- Death of his role is his first death scene on TV/ movie.
- He is scared of heights, as a kid he realized it while climbing the 'Skellig Rock' in Ireland.
- He is afraid of closing doors, some years ago he lost tip of his fingers while closing the door.
- He likes to play the role of Marcus Brutus, whom he considers to be a good mix of Villain and hero.
- His group performed at the Edinburgh Festival in 2014.
- Published articles on human development for his anthropology class.
- He lives in Dublin with his roommates.
- He doesn't watch much of Game of Thrones (That's quite surprising)
- Favorite person from GoT-Rory McCann(The hound)
- He feels audition of Got pretty weird, it was a five minute audition in Dublin
- His Least Favorite Word: Panties.
- Turn offs- sycophancy.
- Favorite bad word: Feces.
- Favorite dirty word: Crap.
- He is believed to be straight, we have no information on his love life, some assume him to be gay.
Jack Gleeson Quotes
- I'm happy to sacrifice a big pay check for my happiness.
- Audiences like bad guys who kill for no apparent reason. People just like to hate them.
- Arrogance is a weird emotion to take on (for his role in Game of Thrones)
- I'm a solid 3 & half percent villain in real life, I'd be lying if I said zero (when interviewing on his character Joffrey in Game of thrones)
- To be inspired is the way to keep on going
- You are made to make a difference, so embrace every opportunity to do so
- Nothing's more fun than doing what people say you can't do
- Let your dreams stay big and your worries stay small.
- Love without limits.
- Winners in life are those who are excited about where they're going.
- Challenges are what make life interesting.
- It's sad when you realize you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were.
- Success isn't something that just happens
- You won't understand, so I won't explain
- If I didn't care, I wouldn't get mad.
- Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
- A wish is a desire without energy.
- Worry does nothing, but steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing.
- I always fall for people I can't have.
- Sometimes I just want to scream the words "I love you".
- Don't ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.
- Bad habits are easier to abandon today than tomorrow.
- The pain of parting is nothing compared to the joy of meeting again.
- I always prefer to believe the best of everybody.