|Date Of Birth||August 12, 1991|
|Age||31 years 7 months 19 days|
|Day of Birth||Monday|
|Place Of Birth||San Bernardino, California, United States|
|Professions||Poet , Rapper , Actor , Songwriter|
|Full Name||Lakeith Lee Stanfield|
|Other Name||Keith Stanfield|
|Body Features & Measurements|
6 Feet 0 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Tattoo||On both Arms|
|Sisters|| Clarissa Stanfield |
|Alma Mater||John Casablancas Modeling & Career Center, Los Angeles|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Girlfriend||Xosha Roquemore (born 1984)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Movies||Guess Who's Coming to Dinner |
Jason's Lyric (1994) (as a child)
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Instagram Profile||Lakeith Stanfield Instagram Profile|
|Talent Agents|| Stark Management |
Ginsburg Daniels LLP
|Net worth||$1 Million|
Lakeith Stanfield is an American Theater, TV, Movie actor, Songwriter, signer, rapper. He is popular for portraying the role of Jimmie Lee Jackson a human rights activist in the Martin Luther King biopic movie Selma(2014).
Childhood, Family, Personal Life
Lakeith Stanfield was born as Lakeith Lee Stanfield on 12th August 1991 in San Bernardino, California to Gary Stanfield(Father) and Karen Garrett(Mother). He was raised in Riverside & Victorville. He was brought up in a poor family with poverty and difficulties, however as per his own saying he doesn't carry the baggage of past and is at ease in the present.
He has two younger twin brothers, both his younger brothers have autism. He also has sisters. He moved out of the house when he was just 12. Lagareth Stanfield is his brother; Kamyra Stanfield & Clarissa Stanfield are his sisters.
While growing up he did not have friends of his age, he did not like the fact that they were into violent stuff and ordinary things. Drama Club helped him find friends with whom he grew up and shared his youth.
Lakeith Stanfield has a girlfriend named Xosha Roquemore, they have a child together.
Image: Lakeith Stanfield with girlfriend Xosha Roquemore
Lakeith began his career with a role in the short movie Short Term 12 (2009) which was a college project of director Destin Daniel Cretton. The short firlm won the award at the Sundance Film Festival.
He appeared in couple other short films like Gimme Grace (2010) before giving up acting for some years.
He worked in various places before he got an offer from the director of Short Term 12 to take the short film to big screen.
The role of Marcus in Short Term 12(2013) got Lakeith numerous award nominations.
Some of his other popular movies are- The Purge: Anarchy(2014), Selma(2014), Dope(2015), Straight Outta Compton(2015), Miles Ahead(2015), Memoria(2015), Live Cargo(2016), Snowden(2016), Crown Heights(2017), Get Out(2017), The Incredible Jessica James(2017), War Machine(2017), Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town(2017), Death Note(2017), Quest(2017), Come Sunday(2018), Sorry to Bother You(2018)
He had an award nominated role in the TV series Atlanta(2016-)
- He decided to become an actor at the age of 14, he took it seriously in High SChool and participated in school Dramas.
- His first assignments were in commercials.
- He has appeared alongside Jay-Z in the music video Moonlight(2017)
- Lakeith has been appearing in the theater as well.
- In Straight Outta Compton(2015) the biography of Snoop Dogg, he portrayed the role of Snoop Dogg, the rapper.
- Stanfield is trained and practiced in method acting.
- Moors- the name of the music band Stanfield is part of.
- He has received nominations for his role of Darius in Atlanta(2016-)
- He can do Caribbean accent quite easily, and has used it in some of the movies.
- After "Atlanta" won the Golden Globe award for best comedy Lakeith did a crazy dance on stage.
- Before his big break on 'Short Term 12' he was so broke that he did not have enough to pay for internet package on his phone to check email. He did odd jobs like Planting, Gardening, Roof-fixing working at AT &T, legal marijuana factory, etc.
- Early in his career he maintained a distance with other crew, he wanted to give his full to the character and he was desperate to make it big.
- He remembers watching movies like FernGully (1992), Jason's Lyric (1994), The Lion King (1994), Menace II Society (1993) as a kid of 3/4 years, he enjoyed them as a kid.
- As a kid, he would do sock puppets for his Aunt. that was his first experience as a performer.
- He was a thespian all 4 years of his High School.
- About his visit to Utah after becoming a star "Last time I was here at the airport there were about 3 people with my headshot asking for my autograph, this time there are about 50 people and there were so many things I had to sign, my wrist was getting tired, but I love, love, love the love."
- The attention is normal because I anticipated it, There would be at some point a lot of attention and that's okay.
- You can be the most intelligent person, if you don't have a guide to channel that force, a lot of times, it can be futile.
- My biggest strength is I'm courageous, if I am afraid of something I do it.
- Some people look like they're lost, Even if they're in terrible situation, one small thing you do to help them can go a long way to change their lives.
- I always knew I'd be an actor.
- For me, life is like an act within itself. Everything I do is an act.
- I know what it’s like to go through struggle. I’m feeling a little bit more balanced these days.
- I invite awkwardness. I'm the King of Awkward.