|Date Of Birth||December 7, 1972|
|Age||28 years 3 months 26 days|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Place Of Birth||Pico Rivera, California, United States|
|Date Of Death||2 April 2001|
|Place Of Death||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Professions||Production Assistant , Actress , Personal Assistant|
|Birth Name||Jennifer Maria Syme|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Languages||Spanish , English|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 7 Inches
|Shoe Size||6 (UK)|
|Father||Charles Syme (Retired police officer)|
|Mother||Maria St. John|
|Daughter||Ava Archer Syme Reeves (Stillborn 24th December 1999)|
|Father In-Law||Samuel Nowlin Reeves Jr.|
|Mother In-Law||Patricia Taylor|
|Sister In-Law||Karen Reeves (Friend before Jennifer met Keanu)|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Boyfriend||Keanu Reeves (espoused 1998, separated 2000)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
Jennifer Syme was an American actress, production assistant, personal assistant known for works such as Ellie Parker(2005), Lost Highway(1997), "Hotel Room".
Jennifer Maria Syme was born on 7th December 1972 to Maria St. John(mother) & Charles Syme(father)- (a police officer at the time) in Pico Rivera, California, United States and lived there till she was 18 and later moved to Los Angeles to seek a career in acting.
Keanu Reeves & Jennifer Syme
Keanu Reeves's sister Karen Reeves & Jennifer were friends, Karen who was concerned for Keanu's happiness thought the two could make a good pair, they were introduced by Karen in 1998
Keanu Reeves and Jennifer started living together from 1998, Jennifer got pregnant in the early 1999 and the couple were expecting a baby girl in December. During the last stages of pregnancy the baby had stopped moving in the uterus, worried couple went for an ultrasound checkup, they had a stillborn baby girl (Ava Archer Syme Reeves) on December 24th 1999.
Troubled by the pain and some difference, the couple separated shortly after the loss of baby, during the post death investigations Keanu revealed that they were back together as a couple, he was in fact one of the pallbearers at Jennifer Symes' funeral.
Image: Keanu Reeves & pregnant Jennifer Syme
Jennifer died on 2nd April 2001 in Los Angeles, California from a car accident (at Cahuenga boulevard., Los Angeles, California, near Highway 101). She was driven home from the party at Marilyn Manson's home by a friend. After a while Jennifer while trying to drive herself back into the party drove her 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee into the parked cars at the Cahuenga Boulevard in Los Angeles. She died instantly on the impact, the ejection had failed and she was not wearing the seat belt, she was 28 at the time.
Jennifer's mother Maria St. John sued Marilyn Manson for the illegal substance Jennifer might have consumed at the party. Manson made a statement on the issue and denied any responsibility for Jennifer's death, "the lawsuit was totally without merit" said Manson. She was buried at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery.
Image: Jennifer Syme car accident
There were two rolled currency notes with white powder inside, there were also 2 prescription medicine bottles inside the car.
Image: Jennifer Syme & Ava Reeves gravestones
Jennifer Syme Facts & Trivia
- Production Assistant: Jennifer worked as a production assistant on the sets of TV series "Hotel Room"
- Receptionist: Jennifer worked for director David Lynch in his Asymmetrical Productions on the movie project "Lost Highway", she also had a minor role in the movie
- Personal assistant: She worked as a personal assistant to musician Dave Navarro (of Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers fame) on a music label, as part of the staff.
- David Lynch dedicated his 2001 movie Mulholland Drive to Jennifer Syme, she had previously worked for him as an assistant. It is believed that she introduced some musicians to David which helped him get better music for his movie "Lost Highway".
- Jennifer was depressed and taking medications for back pain and depression before her death
- She was attending film-supervision course at the UCLA at the time of her death.
- She had lost her baby in 1999, her grandfather in 2000. Her mother Maria believes these deaths drove Jennifer towards drugs.
- She worked at a record company in Los Angeles from 2000-2001
Jennifer Syme Filmography
- Ellie Parker(2005)- Casting Chick
- Ellie Parker(2001) (short)- Casting Chick
- Lost Highway(1997)- Junkie Girl
- Hotel Room (1993) (TV Mini-Series) (worked as a production assistant)