|Date Of Birth||March 22, 1956|
|Age||64 years 8 months 2 days|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Place Of Birth||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Professions||Businesswoman , Tennis Player|
|Birth Name||Ilana Sheryl Kloss|
|Residence||Chicago, United States|
|Religions||Christianity , Judaism|
|Languages||Afrikaans , English|
|Nationalities||American , South African|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 5 Inches
|Sister||Yvette Merle Kloss|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Partner||Billie Jean King (Former world #1 tennis player)|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Ilana Kloss Twitter Profile|
Ilana Kloss is a former world rank #1 tennis player who played for South Africa as well as United States. Ilana has been a coach as well as World Team Tennis commissioner.
Ilana Kloss was born on 22nd March 1956 in Johannesburg, South Africa to Shlaim Kloss(father) and Ruth Kloss(mother). She has a sister named Yvette.
Ilana Kloss facts & Trivia
- Ilana turned pro in 1973.
- World #1: She was ranked World #1 in Doubles back in 1976.
- World Team Tennis commissioner: Ilana has been the commissioner of the mixed-gender professional tennis league WTT in the United states since 2001.
- World #19: Her highest ever singles ranking was 19 back in 1979.
- Highest Results Singles:
- French Open: 2nd round
- Wimbledon: 3rd round
- US Open: 3rd round
- Highest Results Doubles:
- Australian Open: Quarterfinals in 1983
- French Open: Semi finals in 1976 and 1979
- Wimbledon: Semi finals in 1976
- US Open: Win in 1976 with Linky Boshoff with Kim Warwick.
- Highest Mixed Doubles results: Victory in 1976 at the French Open
- Wimbledon Junior title: At the age of 20 Ilana had won the junior title at the Wimbledon
- Partner: Ilana lives with her partner Billie Jean King, the former #1 Tennis player from the United States. Billie realized that she was attracted to women in 1981, she had been divorced from her marriage to Larry King by then. Ilana and Billie have been partners for around 40 years
- Religion: Ilana was born to Jewish parents, she has participated in the Maccabiah Games which are held in Israel for Jews from all over the world. She won doubles and mixed doubles at the 1973 Maccabiah Games, silver at the 1977 Maccabiah Games
- US Open juniors: In 1974 Ilana won the US junior title and made her mark in Tennis.
- She was the youngest #1 ranked player of South Africa at the time.
- Some of the titles Ilana has won are:
- US Open
- Italian Open
- German Open
- French Open
- British Hard Courts Championship
- Canadian Championship
- Hilton Head Open
- US National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame: She was inducted into the jewish half of fame in 2006
- International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame: She was inducted into the jewish half of fame in 2010
- Ilana, the coach: Ilana turned coach at the World Team Tennis in 1983 after participating in the sport for few years, she coached Chicago Fyre and Miami Beach Breakers
- The Greatest Jewish Tennis Players Of All Time: The book by Sandra Harwitt lists Ilana along with Aaron Krickstein, Amos Mansdorf, Angela Buxton, Anna Smashnova, Brad Gilbert, Brian Teacher, Dick Savitt, Julie Heldman, Justin Gimelstob, Brian Gottfried.
- Billie Jean King: Portrait of a Pioneer- a 60 minute documentary based on Billie was made by HBO, Ilana appears as herself in that.
- WTT Smash Hits: Ilana co-hosts the annual charity event with Billie Jean King, Elton John. They have raised about $10 Million through the charity for Elton john AIDS foundation and other charity works
- In July 2018 there was news of Billie Jean King and Ilana Kloss marrying, "If and when we do get married, we want former NYC mayor David Dinkins to marry us" said Billie King
- Battle of the Sexes: Ilana worked as the special consultant on the movie, movie is the biographical film of Ilana's partner Billie
- She is a fan of Barack Obama
- She supports LGBT causes and is often seen participating in LGBT pride.
Ilana Kloss Quotes
- It has been an incredible journey for me, for more than 30 years, to be with a person who looks at the world the way Billie does. She sees the best in everybody. She's the love of my life."
- [On equality in sports in the modern day] We all stand on the shoulders of the generations that came before us.
- Tonight after hearing President Obama's farewell address we all go to sleep proud Americans fortunate to be blessed by his class & dignity