Linda Kozlowski is an American TV & movie actress. She is mostly known for her role as Sue Charlton in the movie series- Crocodile Dundee(1986), Crocodile Dundee II (1988), Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001). She played Jill McGowan in Village of the Damned (1995) as well
Linda Kozlowski was born on 7th January 1958 in Fairfield, Connecticut, United States to Helen Parniawski(Mother) & Stanley Kozlowski(Father)
Linda Kozlowski: Education
- High School: She graduated from Andrew Warde High School, Fairfield in 1976
- Graduation: Linda graduated from Juilliard School, Manhattan, New York City in Drama in 1981. She also learnt opera singing at the institution.
Linda Kozlowski &Paul Hogan Marriage
Linda met Australian actor, writer, producer Paul Hogan during the shooting of the movie Crocodile Dundee(1986). They went on to act in 2 other sequels to the movie in 1988 and 2001 and Almost an Angel (1990) as well. Paul played the lead male while Linda was the lead actress in the movies.
Image: Linda Kozlowski with Paul Hogan
They eventually began dating and got married on May 5, 1990 after Paul divorced his previous wife Noelene. Paul was born on 1939 while Linda in 1958, making the age difference- 19 years. The couple filed for divorce in October 2013 stating irreconcilable differences and got divorced on 23 July 2014. She stated that they naturally drifted apart without any shared interests any more. She received one time settlement amount of $6.25 million.
They have a son named- Chance Hogan born in 1998.
Image: Linda Kozlowski Family: Ex-husband Paul Hogan, son Chance Hogan
Linda Kozlowski: Career
- How It All Began(1981)
- Death of a Salesman(1984) (as Miss Forsythe)
- Nurse(1982): She played Julie Dean in the Drama TV Series created by Sue Grafton, Viacom Productions , it features Hattie Winston, Robert Reed, Michael Learned in the cast.
- Favorite Son(1988): Linda Kozlowski was Sally Crain in the mini series starring Harry Hamlin, Gregory Avellone, Richard Allen.
- Entertainment Tonight(2010): She appeared on the show in 2010.
- The 44th Annual Golden Globe Awards(1987): She attended the event, she was a nominee
- Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles(2001): She portrayed the character- Sue Charlton in the Adventure Crime Comedy by Simon Wincer with actors- Paul Hogan, Linda Kozlowski, Jere Burns playing the lead characters.
- Shaughnessy(1996): She portrayed the role- Marla in the Western directed by Michael Ray Rhodes with Tom Bower, Matthew Settle, Linda Kozlowski in the lead.
- Village of the Damned(1995): Linda was Jill McGowan in the Horror Thriller movie by John Carpenter with stars- Christopher Reeve, Kirstie Alley, Linda Kozlowski in the main roles.
- The Celluloid Heroes(1995): Linda Kozlowski appeared on the TV movie featuring Ilma Adey, Phillip Adams, Jenny Agutter in the cast.
- Zorn(1994): She acted in the role of Emilie Bartlett in this Drama directed by Gunnar Hellström , it stars Gunnar Hellström, Linda Kozlowski, Liv Ullmann in the cast.
- Backstreet Justice(1994): She acted as Keri Finnegan in this Crime Drama movie by Chris McIntyre with stars- Hector Elizondo, Paul Sorvino, Linda Kozlowski in the lead.
- The Neighbor(1993): She portrayed Mary in the Thriller movie directed by Rodney Gibbons starring Ron Lea, Linda Kozlowski, Rod Steiger in the lead.
- Almost an Angel(1990): She played the role of Rose Garner in the Comedy Drama movie by John Cornell with actors- Elias Koteas, Paul Hogan, Linda Kozlowski in the lead cast.
- Pass the Ammo(1988): She portrayed Claire in the Comedy directed by David Beaird with Linda Kozlowski, Tim Curry, Bill Paxton in the lead.
- Crocodile Dundee II(1988): She played the role of Sue Charlton in the Adventure movie directed by John Cornell , it has Paul Hogan, Linda Kozlowski, John Meillon in the lead cast.
- Crocodile Dundee(1986): She portrayed the character- Sue Charlton in the Comedy movie by Peter Faiman , it has John Meillon, Paul Hogan, Linda Kozlowski in the lead cast.
- Death of a Salesman(1985): She portrayed the role- Miss Forsythe in the Drama directed by Volker Schlöndorff starring Kate Reid, John Malkovich, Dustin Hoffman in the main roles.
Linda Kozlowski: Facts & Trivia
- Golden Globe Award: She has received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her role as Sue Charlton in Crocodile Dundee 2(1988).
- Polish descent: Her parents are of Polish ancestry.
- Stop to acting career: She quit acting after her 2001 movie- Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001), she grew dissatisfied with the characters she was getting. She lived on the Australian ranch looking after it with her son for a while.
- Marriage: Linda has been married twice, to Paul Hogan in 1990 and once before that.
- Cryogenic treatment: She is believed to undergo cryogenic procedures to keep her beauty and health in good condition.
- She has bought properties on the Venice Beachfront. She has a $2 Million house there. Her neighbors call her Queen of Silicon Beach (Silicon Beach is another name for Venice Beachfront).
- She is a trained opera singer.
- Two of her close friends died of AIDS in 1990s.
- Friendship with Dustin Hoffman: She acted with Dustin Hoffman in 'Death of a Salesman', they became friends and he and his wife allowed Linda to use their Malibu beach house when she was feeling lonely. Some believe he helped her get the role in Crocodile Dundee(1986)
- After her first movie Crocodile Dundee(1986) she became a sensation in Australia.
- Her son chance has been very vocal about his criticism of Donald Trump.
Linda Kozlowski: Quotes
- These schlocky films I was getting were giving me an ulcer, I was the only one on the set that cared about anything, I decided to give it all away.
- I lived in Paul's shadow for many, many years and it's nice to feel my own light right now
- (About her husband) We were opposites in everything, From food, music, colors, clothes, places, everything. The divorce was completely amicable. We talk on the phone all the time, We're completely friendly.
- It's nice to feel my own light right now
- I've never had to do anything I didn't believe in
- Most writers are still indulging their fantasies when they write about women.
Linda Kozlowski: Photos, Pictures
Linda Kozlowski's son Chance Hogan
Linda Kozlowski Family: Ex-husband Paul Hogan, son Chance Hogan
Linda Kozlowski with Paul Hogan
Linda Kozlowski with Paul Hogan