|Date Of Birth||March 11, 1983|
|Age||38 years 1 months 11 days|
|Day of Birth||Friday|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Full Name||Lucy Chet DeVito|
|Residence||New York City, New York, United States|
|Religions||Christianity (Italian Catholic) , Judaism (Maternal)|
|Languages||Italian , English|
|Body Features & Measurements|
4 Feet 11 Inches
|Father||Danny DeVito (Actor, writer, director)|
|Mother||Rhea Jo Perlman (Actress; born on March 31, 1948)|
|Brothers|| Jake DeVito |
Jacob Daniel DeVito (born in October 1987; Producer)
|Sister||Grace Fan DeVito (born in March 1985)|
|Grandfathers|| Daniel DeVito, Sr (Paternal; Businessman) |
Philip Perlman (Maternal; born 1919-death 2015)
|Grandmothers|| Julia DeVito (Paternal; Julia Moccello) |
Adele Perlman (Maternal; bookkeeper; born in 1922)
|Aunts|| Theresa DeVito Scialla (Paternal; elder sister of Danny Devito; 1934-2014) |
Angela Lucia (Paternal; elder sister of Danny Devito; 1928-2013)
Heide Perlman (Maternal; writer by profession)
|Education (Graduation)||Degree in dramatic arts|
|Alma Mater||Brown University|
|Debut (Movie)||This Revolution (2005)|
|Debut (TV)||Crumbs (2006)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Food||Ice Cream (mint chocolate chip)|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Lucy DeVito Twitter Profile|
|Instagram Profile||Lucy DeVito Instagram Profile|
|Net worth||$15 Million|
Lucy DeVito is an American theater, TV & movie actress, and producer. She is most known for playing Sue in Deadbeat (2014-2015).
Some of the well-known roles she has played are Jenny in "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", Anne Greenstein in Leaves of Grass (2009), Brittany Berkowitz in The Comedian (2016), Stephanie in Melissa & Joey.
Some of her recent roles are Maiden in Jumanji: The Next Level(2019), Alexis in Cubby(2019), Barbara in Rich Boy, Rich Girl(2018)
Lucy Chet DeVito was born on 11th March 1983 in Los Angeles, California, the United States to Danny DeVito(Father)- an actor, writer, director & producer, and Rhea Perlman(Mother)- an Actress.
She grew up in New York City where her parents lived, she is the oldest of three siblings, she has a sister named Grace Fan DeVito and a brother named Jacob Daniel DeVito.
- Lucy Chet DeVito (1983)
- Grace Fan DeVito (1985)
- Jacob Daniel DeVito (1987)
Image: Lucy DeVito with Danny Devito(father), Jake Devito(brother)
Father- Danny DeVito
Danny DeVito is an American actor, producer, and director. He was born on November 17, 1944, in Asbury Park, New Jersey to Julia DeVito & Daniel Devito Sr.
He is Oscar Award-nominated, Golden globe award-winning veteran artist with more than 150 film/ tv credits to his name.
He is known for his comical roles as an actor, and as writer and director. Some of his most popular works are as Mr. Wormwood in Matilda(1996), Owen in Throw Momma from the Train(1987), Gavin D'Amato in The War of the Roses (1989), Penguin in Batman Returns (1992).
Mother- Rhea Perlman
Lucy's mother Rhea Perlman is a golden globe and Emmy award-nominated actress. Rhea was born in March 31, 1948, in Brooklyn, New York City to Philip Perlman and his wife Adele Perlman.
Rhea has appeared in movies as Carla LeBec in "Cheers"(1982-1993), Mrs. Wormwood in Matilda(1996), Honey in Canadian Bacon(1995), Sally in I'll See You in My Dreams (2015).
Rhea has appeared in the movie Matilda(1996) with her then-husband Danny Devito (their only movie together) as the wretched parents of Matilda.
[Lucy Chet DeVito with her mother Rhea Perlman]
Sister- Gracie DeVito
Gracie DeVito, the younger sister of Lucy is an actress and producer. Gracie was born on March 24, 1985.
She has appeared in the TV series "Jeff & Some Aliens", and the movie Amboy(2015). She has produced the movie My Girlfriend's Abroad(2006) and the short movie Bloom(2007).
[Lucy Chet DeVito with her sister Grace Devito]
Brother- Jake Devito
Jacob Daniel DeVito was born on October 30, 1987; Jake is a producer, actor, and film technician.
He has produced Little Demon (tv movie), St. Sebastian (movie), The better angels (2014), Curmudgeons (2016), and others.
He has acted in movies Amboy(2015) and Pieces of a Dream(2005)
[Lucy DeVito, Danny Devito(father), Jake Devito(brother)]
Her maternal grandfather Philip Perlman was an actor, he has appeared in Throw Momma from the Train as Mr. Perlman (1987), as Phil in "Cheers".
Her maternal grandmother Adele Perlman has acted in a movie herself.
- Brown University: She graduated from Brown University in 2005 with a degree in dramatic arts.
Interesting Facts & Trivia
- Lucy played Anne Frank in the theater production of the play Anne Frank at the Intiman Theatre, Seattle, Washington.
- Religion: She is of Catholic Italian background from the father's side and Jewish (polish immigrants) from the mother's side. Her parents belong to different religions, the kids were brought up non-religious, with festivities from both religious backgrounds.
- Political inclination: She opposed Donald Trump's presidency.
- Animal Lover: She loves animals, she has dogs and cats as pets, she is often seen posing with animals on her Instagram profile. She has had pets named Memmie(cat), Zorro (dog), Sylv (cat; died in June 2018), Ham (dog), Chunk (dog)
- Audiobooks: Lucy has narrated audiobooks, they are available online. Lucy By Damien Atkins is one of the well known.
- Coffee lover: She is a Starbucks coffee lover.
- Nepal Earthquake: She helped raise funds to support the Himalayan country Nepal after the Nepalese Eqathquake in 2015.
- LGBT ally: She is an LGBT ally, she supports the LGBT cause.
- Black Lives Matter: Following the murder of George Floyd by the police officers in May 2020, the protestors hit the street demanding justice and legal changes. Lucy posted a black screen on Instagram supporting the protests.
As producer: She has produced the TV movie "Little Demon" and the short movie "Curmudgeons".
Little Demon: In the TV movie "Little Demon", Lucy, Jake, and Danny worked as executive producers.
Curmudgeons is a short comedy movie centered around Ralph, an old man in his care home, he is visited by his granddaughter and unexpected guest.
Lucy DeVito plays Robin, her father Danny plays Jackie. It was written by Joshua Conkel and directed by Danny Devito. Lucy's brother Jake DeVito was one of the producers of the short film.
"Melissa & Joey"
In the romantic comedy created by David Kendall and Bob Young, Lucy played Stephanie Krause, a hyperactive legislative assistant of Mel Burke(Melissa Joan Hart). She has a crush on the other main role Joey Longo (Joey Lawrence).
Melissa & Joey is a sitcom aired on ABC Family. It also starred Lennox Elizabeth Scanlon (Taylor Spreitler) and Ryder Scanlon (Nick Robinson) in main roles.
Deadbeat is a comedy series created by Cody Heller and Brett Konner. It is centered around Kevin Pacalioglu, a psychic medium played by Tyler Labine.
Lucy plays Sue Tabernacle, a personal assistant to Camomile White (Cat Deeley) who died in an accident and stuck in Kevin's apartment as a ghost.
She has a main role and appears in about 20 episodes in the series.
Lucy has worked in multiple theatre productions. Here is a small list we could gather
Location: Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York City
Play: Chiara Atik
Direction: Claudia Weill
|2009||The Miracle at Naples||La Piccola||Location: Huntington Theatre|
|2009||Love, Loss, and What I Wore||
Location: Westside Theatre, Manhattan, New York City
off-Broadway play; also starred her mother Rhea
|2008||Anne Frank||Anne Frank||
Location: Intiman Theatre, Seattle, Washington
|2019||Jumanji: The Next Level||Maiden|
|2019||Dumbo||Coat Check Girl|
|2018||Rich Boy, Rich Girl||Barbara|
|2018||Can You Ever Forgive Me?||
Gossipy Office Worker
|2017||Speech & Debate||Lucy|
|2016||A Cinderella Christmas||Lara||TV movie|
|2016||The Comedian||Brittany Berkowitz|
|2014||The Santa Con||June||TV Movie|
|2013||How to Succeed at Birth||Lizzie||TV Movie|
|2012||The Share||Mona||TV Movie|
|2012||Sleepwalk with Me||Hillary|
|2010||Beware the Gonzo||Marlene|
|2009||Leaves of Grass||Anne Greenstein|
|2008||A Quiet Little Marriage||Sylvia|
|2008||Just Add Water||Wanda|
|2007||The Good Night|
|2018-2019||The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel||Irene||Episodes: "Marvelous Radio", "Vote for Kennedy, Vote for Kennedy"|
|2017||Adults||Lucy||Season 1 Episode 3|
|2014-2015||Deadbeat||Sue Tabernacle||20 episodes; Recurring|
|2014||Alpha House||Charity Robeson||4 Episodes; "There Will Be Water", "The Civility Zone", "Shelter in Place", "Gaffergate"|
|2012-2013||CrimeFighters||Nighten-Gal||Episode: "Team Meeting", "Search and Rescue"|
|2010-2012||Melissa & Joey||Stephanie||15 episodes; recurring|
|2011||Second City This Week||
|2006-2007||It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia||Waitress / Jenny||3 episodes|
|2007||Dirt||Linda||Episode: "Caught on Tape"|
|2006||Crumbs||Cashier||Episode: "A Loon Again, Naturally"|
|2015||If I Could Tell You||Jessica|
|2011||Nest of Vipers|
- Paparazzi wasn't obsessed with actors' kids back then as they are now.
- Donald Trump is a buffoon. Everyone in my circle is like- 'How did this happen'
- You know, if you stab a man in the dead of winter, steam will rise up from the wounds
- I come from a long line of shorties
News and Updates
- She presented awards at the 7th Annual Shorty Awards. She presented the best artist, best twitter brand, and best youtube comedian awards.
- "The New York Times": She was covered in the 'The New York Times' magazine interview in November 2009 by Dave Itzkoff, it was titled "Mother and Child Reunion Onstage"