Candace Hill is an American short distance sprinter, Track & Field athlete, she is popular for her 100m and 200m sprinting.
Image: Young Candace Hill posing on the track
Childhood, Family, Personal Life
Candace Hill was born on February 11, 1999 in Conyers, Georgia to Gary Hill(Father) a mechanic by profession and Lori Hill(Mother) -a former cheerleader in college at the Pennsylvania University working as a Therapist. She has an younger sister Rachel who is younger to her by an year. Rachel is also the second fastest runner in their school only behind Candace of course.
Image: Candace Hill Family: Father Gary, Mother Lori, sister Rachel
Interesting Facts & Trivia
- She had an average Grade Point of 4.6 in High School (Rockdale County High School)
- Candace is the fastest female athlete to come from Georgia state.
- She is the fastest High school girl in the recorded history of United States School sports records.
- She is the fastest American Junior record holder.
- IAAF Youth Championship(2015): She won both 100m and 200m race with timings of 10.98(100m) & 22..43 (200m).
- She is the youngest woman to break the 11 second barrier in 100m women sprinting. No woman in the history has achieved that.
- World Youth Record: She holds the record in junior sprinting, both in 100m and 200m.
- She is the youngest athlete to sign up with ASICS.
- She has been named Gatorade National Girls Athlete of the Year.
- Under 20 Championship: She won 100m race and 4x100 relay at the U20 championship athletics.
- Crooked Righ Arm: She has a slightly crooked right arm action while running.
- When she came second in one of the school races against a senior because of jitters, her coach remarked "This is the only time you are ever gonna be second."
- She once met Usain Bolt her favorite sprinter.
- She usually gets As in School and some Bs.
- She studied Spanish, World History, Chemistry, Mathematics in High School
- She has a pet puppy.
- She often runs 400m races as well, but she doesn't like long distance running as much.
- She attended the launch of Asics DynaFlyte shoes, she is sponsored by ASICS.
- Training before running: warm-up for an hour, stretching exercises, one lap jogs, foam rolling, drills.
- Nutrition: Gatorade, Powerade
- Diet during training: protein shake, chocolate milk, peanut butter, jelly sandwich.
- Regular food: chicken, mashed potato, string beans.
- Music routnie: Just before the events she listens to upbeat music, and then slow pace music to calm herself
- Favorite music: Cake By the Ocean(DNCE), Soldier of Love(Sade), Bottle Pop(The pussycat dolls, Snoop Dogg), So what(p!nk), Just another Day (The Game), Boyz-N-The-Hood(Eazy-E), California Love (2pac,Roger), Woo(Rihanna), One Dance(Drake,wizkid), Worl(Rihanna, Drake)Controlla(Drake)
- Off the field she is just another regular kid, she parties with friends, goes to salons, get nail polish and does other stuff.
- She could not make it to the 2016 US national Olympics team as she missed the trials finals by 0.03 seconds.
- Knee injury in January 2016: She went knee surgery so that she can recover quickly to make into the 2016 Rio Olympics, but unfortunately could not make it to the team
- Boys in her school nicknamed her "dasav", because she would run like a beast, leaving them all behind.
- She is hailed as the Next Florence Griffith Joyner.
- I will literally bring my Apple laptop onto the field with me and do chemistry, math.
- The champion's journey is lonesome.
- Don't be stupid y'all...just don't.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can come together
- There's not enough hours in the day.
- My goal is to be one of the greatest female sprinters ever.
- I want to study something to do with sports, like sports medicine.
- If you start doping, you don’t respect your sport and you don’t respect yourself.
- It’s really, really hard going to training then coming home and doing tonnes of homework
- When I'm running at my top speed it, It feels like I’m running on clouds. I feel like I’m flying down the track.
- I was the Fastest Girl in the World. Now, I have to be the Fastest Woman in the World.
- I have a different feeling when I run, I just feel like I’m free. I can take over the world.