Bridget Everett is an American actress, comedian, singer & writer. She was born on 21st April 1972 in Manhattan, Kansas. Her father was a lawyer and mother a music teacher, as a kid she learnt Piano. She has five elder siblings, she is the last child of her parents.
Image: Bridget Everett Childhood photo
Image: Young Bridget Everett
Image: Bridget Everett Family: Mother Freddie Everett & siblings, (brother Brock Everett & others)
She is popular for her shows like Inside Amy Schumer, Down n Dirty, Lady Dynamite, Rock Bottom. She plays the mother of an aspiring rapper in the 2017 comedy drama movie 'Patti Cake$'.
She has appeared in movies like- Sex and the City (2008), Gayby(2010), The Opposite Sex (2014), You Must Be Joking (2014), Trainwreck (2015), Fun Mom Dinner (2017), Patti Cake$ (2017), Little Evil (2017).
She has been part of TV series- Lady Dynamite, Jeffery & Cole Casserole, 2 Broke Girls, Sex and the City, Girls, She's Living for This.
Bridget Everett Interesting Facts
- Karaoke: She likes Karaoke, she started singing because of Karaoke. She likes 'Sing Sing' Karaoke in New York City which she frequently visits. Joe's pub, another of her favorites.
- Cabaret Singer: She sings at the Cabarets.
- She started her career as a singer in mid 30s, she has been performing for a decade.
- The Tender Moments: She is part of the musical band named 'The Tender Moments', Adam Horovitz & Carmine Covelli are the other members of the group.
- 2014 Bonnaroo Music Festival: She performed at the festival and participated in the show Down n Dirty.
- She likes pets and has a cat which she takes everywhere, she also has a Pomeranian pet dog named 'Poppy'. She rescued Poppy and adopted her.
- Pound It!(2014): She released an album of 12 songs with the Tender Moments.
- Bridget Everett: Gynecological Wonder(2015)- She has had her own one hour comedy cabaret show aired on Comedy Central.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: She appeared on the Jimmy Fallon show on 1st August 2017 where she sang the song 'Piece of my Heart'
- Fun Mom Dinner: She appeared on the comedy theater titled 'Fun Mom Dinner' where she appeared with Toni Collette, Paul Rudd and others.
- Her favorite Gig: playing with her band at the pubs (Joe's Pub). Singing and do whatever she wants.
- Sex and the City (2008): She appeared in the role of Cathy, a drunk in the movie. She was a huge fan of the TV series herself and she was surprised to find out that Sarah Jessica Parker knew her work and was a fan.
- Miss Fag Hag Pageant: She participated in the show.
- She has a motto- DDHD: Dreams Don't have Dead Lines.
- She worked as a waitress in her initial career days when she was trying to establish herself.
- Her secret talent: Make her breasts go round and round, her mom likes it.
- Larry King Show: She appeared on it in August 2017.
- Person she would trade places with for a day: Anthony Bourdain.
- Guilty pleasure: Stay home on Saturday nights and drink wine and watch documentaries with her dog Poppy.
- Best piece of advice she ever got: Jump off the cliff and take a chance on yourself.
- Worst piece of advice she got: You are silly, stupid, Don't listen to yourself.
- Her go to Karaoke Song: You Oughta Know Alanis Morissette.
- She wishes she was better at- Golfing.
- Best compliment she received- Her mom watched her show once, she said 'Her show was freedom in motion'.
- Her brand of music is rich with- Bawdy humor, self-empowerment.
- She studied Opera in school, she got into college because of that and even got scholarship.
- She worked in the restaurants for 25 years as a waitress.
- In 2014, Village Voice magazine called her- the Most Exciting Performer in New York City. Time Out called her 'One of the Funniest People in New York'. New York Times called her 'Raw & Riotus'
- She criticizes Donald Trump's presidency candidacy, she released music titled 'Pussy Grabs Back' and also T-shirts with the Phrase and her face.
- She wears the necklace which has letters- P O P P Y, which is same as the name of her pet dog.
- Amy Schumer: She met Amy at 'Just For Laughs' comedy festival in 2009. Amy offered her join her troupe which was touring the country at that time.
- Her mother had breast cancer and recovered from it.
- Through Sundance she met actor Robert Redford.
- When she was first offered a major role in the movie Pattie Cakes$, she rejected it fearing she won't be up for it, she eventually did it and did it good.
- Singing in the Carnegie hall was one of her dreams, she has sung there twice.
Bridget Everett Quotes
- Singing is the only thing I'm good at, If I was good at anything else I wouldn't be doing this, because it is heart wrenching, but it also takes you to the highest highs.
- The kind of stuff I do on stage is not for everybody, occasionally someone walks out of the audience.
- They are going to love you or hate you, luckily there are enough people who are going to love you. I'm doing just fine, there are going to be people who don't get what you are doing.
- My mom always made me feel like I'm the best and special person in the world.
- I often take my clothes off on stage, it is not like I plan such things, when you are on the stage it spontaneously happens, like letting the beast out. Ultimately what I'm saying on stage is- 'This is what I'm'.
- I'm an open book, there are no secrets.
- I'm the happiest when I'm drinking and doing Karaoke, so I found a career doing both.
- I may never play Madison Square Garden... but I AM going to sit on your face.
- Amy Schumer changed my life.