|Date Of Birth||June 23, 1920|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Place Of Birth||Melbourne, Australia|
|Professions||Courtier , Navy officer|
|Full Name||John Michael Avison Parker|
|Nationalities||Australian , British|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 9 Inches
|Father||C. A. Parker (Royal Navy captain)|
|Sons|| Michael Parker (born in 1944) |
Julie Parker (born in 1948)
|Wives|| Eileen Allan (married from 1943-1958) |
Jean Ramsay (married in 1976)
Carol Thompson (married in 1962)
|Sister||Mary Parker (Actress)|
|Grandfather||Rev. Joseph Parker|
|Education(College)||Xavier College (Roman Catholic college in Melbourne)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
Michael Parker was a Lieutenant Commander in the United Kingdom's Royal Navy. The Crown- a real life inspired period drama has a recurring character based on the life of Michael Parker played by actor Daniel Ings.
Michael "Mike" Parker was born on 23rd June 1920 in Melbourne, Australia to C. A. Parker(Father)- a captain in the Royal Navy.
Michael died on 4th January 2002 due to a combination of cancer, heart attack, Pneumonia and stroke.
Michael Parker with Prince Philip: Michael met prince Philip in 1942, it was the time Philip worked as a sub-lieutenant on the destroyer Wallace. The two became close quickly and good friends thereafter, the two were part of the club- 'Thursday Club' which met at the Wheeler's restaurant in Old Compton Street, Soho.
Image: Michael Parker with Prince Philips
They were highly competitive on the ship and it drew them together. They were on the same mission to Japan, where the Japanese surrender in 1945. Philip was one of the attendants of Philip's stag night party at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
Michael served as a Private Secretary to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh from 1947-1957.
First Marriage: Michael Parker married Eileen Allan in1943 until they divorced in 1958, she sued him in court on adultery & negligence charges in 1956. The couple had two children, a son named- Michael Parker Jr. and a daughter named Julie. Eileen wrote an autobiographical book titled- 'Step Aside for Royalty' which covered the events of Michael & Duke's life.
Second Marriage: Michael married Carol Thompson (daughter of Sir Ivo Thompson) in 1962, the couple had two children, a daughter and an adopted son before going separate ways.
Third Marriage: Michael remarried in 1976 to Jean Ramsay(shoe polish heiress), they remained married till his death in 2001.
The Crown TV series: Sony pictures created a historical drama exclusively for Netflix based on Peter Morgan's film The Queen(2006). The TV series has Michael Parker in recurring episodes. The role of Mike Parker is played by Daniel Ings. The main cast of the Series includes- Claire Foy, Matt Smith, Vanessa Kirby, Eileen Atkins, Jeremy Northam among others.
Michael Parker: Facts & Trivia
- Michael began his career with the Royal Australian Navy, later served in the Royal Navy(United Kingdom)
- Michael served as the first Lieutenant of HMS Lauderdale (a Hunt class destroyer) in 1942.
- He was a First Lieutenant of HMS Wessex(W-class destroyers) in the 27th Destroyer Flotilla.
- He fought at the Battles of Narvik in Ofotfjord, Noirway during the world war 2
- Michael worked as a consulting officer to Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh
- He was the one who broke the news of death of Albert Frederick Arthur George to the royal couple (they were stationed in Kenya)
- He met Churchill during world war 2, Michael always held helicopters were the safest way for the Duke to travel, while Churchill disagreed.
- He became a member of the Royal Victorian Order in 1953 & a commander in 1957
- Michael accompanied the Duke on his 5 month world tour on Her Majesty's Yacht Britannia in 1956.
- Resignation from his post of Private secretary: Michael's divorce in 1958 got blown up in the media, to avoid it affect the reputation of the Duke & family he resigned from the post. However, the Duke and Michael remained in contact throughout their lives.
- Lockheed corporation: He worked for Lockheed corporation in Europe which eventually became Lockheed Martin the world renowned defense, security firm.
- Leo Burnett Worldwide: He worked for some time at the American advertising company located in the Chicago- Leo Burnett Company, Inc.
- He worked as the Chairman of Australian Dredging & General Services in the 1960s.
- He worked as a patriarch of a family for a while before his health gave up.
- Order of Australia: He was announced the member of the order in 1996.
Michael Parker: Quotes
- The fact that he was a Prince didn't register with me. I gave him deference when it was official
- we had fun in North Africa, but never anything outrageous. We'd drink together and then we'd go and have a bloody good meal. There was always armfuls of girls.
- He looked as if you'd dropped half the world on him. (Prince Philip's reaction to the death news of King)