|Date Of Birth||April 7, 1970|
|Age||50 years 2 months 28 days|
|Day of Birth||Tuesday|
|Place Of Birth||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Professions||novelist , Writer|
|Birth Name||Mackenzie S. Tuttle|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 7 Inches
|Eye color||Light Green|
|Education (Graduation)||Bachelor's degree in English, Princeton University (1992)|
|Education (High School)||Hotchkiss School (1988), Connecticut|
|Alma Mater||Princeton University|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Husband||Jeff Bezos (married. 1993)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Dress||Jeans and T shirt|
|Favorite Authors|| Anne Tyler |
MacKenzie Bezos is an American writer, novelist. Her husband Jeff Bezos is the founder of internet giant Amazon.com. MacKenzie Bezos is a Billionaire.
MacKenzie Bezos was born Mackenzie Tuttle on 7th April 1970 in San Francisco, California, United States. Her father was involved with finances, while mother was a housewife.
MacKenzie Bezos & Jeff Bezos
[MacKenzie Bezos with her husband Jeff Bezos]
MacKenzie fell in love with Jeff's laughter, she worked in the next cabin to his at D.E Shaw, she proposed a lunch date and things went well for the couple, they fell in love and got engaged in three months, they got married in 6 months from their first date. MacKenzie was 23 years old at the time and he was 29 years old.
The couple has a son named Preston Bezos.
The couple divorced in 2019.
Interesting Facts & Trivia
- MacKenzie met Jeff Bezos, her future husband in 1992 when she worked for D.E. Shaw, they got married in 1993.
- MacKenzie & Jeff have four children. Three boys and a daughter. Their daughter is an adopted girl of Chinese descent.
- Mackenzie Bezos is an LGBT activism supporter, In 2012, Jeff & Mackenzie donated $2.5 million towards the campaign to legalize same-sex marriage in Washington. Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer are among those Billionaires who contributed towards the LGBT cause.
- MacKenzie was a very good student of creative writing, she graduated in English literature and later took up novel writing seriously after a decade of work at the office.
- MacKenzie founded Bystander Revolution, an organization against bullying in 2014. She has worked as the executive director of the organization.
- She gets so much involved in her novels that she confesses that she often cries when the characters are in pain.
- The Testing of Luther Albright was announced Los Angeles Times book of the year.
- Her husband Jeff was worth $20 Billion as of 2013, $78 billion as of 2017.
- She feels quite comfortable wearing jeans & T-shirt, it's her husband Jeff who likes gifting her dresses he likes.
- MacKenzie doesn't like hiring nannies to take care of her children, she prefers to take care of her children herself and teach.
- MacKenzie & Jeff used to live in a rented one-bedroom house in Seattle.
- MacKenzie and husband Jeff donated $15 million towards the Neuroscience Institute center at Princeton.
- MacKenzie was critical of the biography of Jeff Bezos 'The Everything Store' by Brad Stone, she wrote a review of the book on Amazon and rated it 1/5.
- Nobel laureate Toni Morrison was MacKenzie's teacher during her graduation, Toni once said: "MacKenzie is one of the brightest students I had in my classes."
- Both MacKenzie & Jeff are Princeton University alumni.
- It took her ten years to complete her first book- The Testing of Luther Albright(2005).
- Jeff is said to take leave from the office and review MacKenzie's book himself before sending it to the publishers.
MacKenzie has authored a few books, mainly novels:
- The Testing of Luther Albright(2005): MacKenzie Bezos won an American Book Award for this in 2006.
- Traps(2013): the story involves four women characters.