|Date Of Birth||July 10, 1969|
|Age||52 years 0 months 22 days|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Professions||Photographer , Director , Writer , Actress|
|Full Name||Alexandra Mary Hedison|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Ethnicities||Mixed , White|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 10 Inches
|Eye color||light brown|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Albert David Hedison, Jr. (Actor)|
|Mother||Bridget Mori Hedison (production assistant/ producer)|
|Sister||Serena Rose Hedison (Editor/ producer)|
|Grandfather||Albert David Hedison (Paternal; owned jewelry enameling business)|
|Brother In-Law||Buddy Foster|
|Grandmothers|| Renee (Maternal) |
Rose Boghosian (Paternal)
|Father In-Law||Lucius Fisher Foster III (Air Force lieutenant colonel)|
|Mother In-Law||Evelyn Ella Almond (producer)|
|Sister In-Law||Cindy Foster Jones|
|Stepsons|| Kit Foster |
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Girlfriend||Ellen DeGeneres (Ex; TV host/ actress; 2000-2004)|
|Debut (Movie)||The Hard Truth|
|Debut(Short movie)||In the Dog House|
|Debut (TV series)||Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman|
|Debut (TV Movie)||OP Center|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Country||South Africa|
|Favorite Writer||James Baldwin|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Facebook Profile||Alexandra Hedison Facebook Profile|
|Official Website||Alexandra Hedison Official Website|
|Instagram Profile||Alexandra Hedison Instagram Profile|
|Friends|| Jamie Lee Curtis |
|Net worth||$1.5 million|
Alexandra Hedison is an American actress, director, writer and fine art photographer. Alexandra has played familiar roles like- Dylan Moreland in 'The L Word', Boss in 'Prey' (1998), Jennifer Parks in 'NightMan', Lt. Jean Romanski in 'Diagnosis Murder', Firefighter Kay Rizzo in 'L.A. Firefighters', Catherine Parmel in 'Blackout Effect' among others.
Alexandra Hedison was born on 10th July 1969 in Los Angeles, California, United States to David Hedison(father)- a film/ stage actor & Bridget Mori(mother)- a producer as Alexandra Mary Hedison.
Image: Baby Alexandra Hedison with mother Bridget Mori
She has a sister named Serena Hedison, Serena is an editor and producer in Hollywood.
Image: Alexandra Hedison childhood, with father (David Hedison) & sister (Serena Hedison)
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA): She studied 2 years of liberal arts at the UCLA
- State University of New York at Purchase: She studied at the purchase college in the hamlet of purchase, Harrison, New York
Dating & Relationships
Alexandra Hedison & Ellen DeGeneres
Alexandra dated TV host and popular personality Ellen DeGeneres from 2000-2004. They met in 2000 through a common friend, moved in together in 2001. The relationship ended in 2004 after Ellen met actress Portia de Rossi. Alexandra also has appeared in one of Ellen's shows, Ellen has talked about Alexandra in her shows when they were a couple.
Image: Alexandra Hedison & Ellen DeGeneres
Alexandra Hedison & Jodie Foster
Alexandra married actress and producer Jodie Foster on 20th April 2014. They had been dating from the Summer of 2013. The couple hosted Hammer Museum's annual Gala together in 2017.
Image: Alexandra Hedison & Jodie Foster
Facts & Trivia
- Ethnicity: Alexandra's paternal grandparents- Rose Boghosian & Albert David Hedison were Armenians, She is of Italian, English ancestry from her maternal side.
- Mother: Her mother was born in South Africa and had moved to London, she was very well read.
- Hedison: David's grandfather changed the family name to Hedison from Heditsian after people continuously mispronounced it as Hedison.
- Alexandra's mother Bridget Hedison died on 22 February 2016, she was suffering from breast cancer
- First exhibition: Alexandra first exhibited her work at the Rose Gallery in Los Angeles in 2002
- Voiceover: She voiced the character Maggie in 'In the Dog House'
- Direction/ writing: Alexandra wrote, directed the short film In the Dog House(2005)
- Suit Yourself: She directed a short documentary for DirecTv on singer and songwriter Shelby Lynne
- Photographer: Alexandra is an art photographer, her works on landscapes & architecture have been featured in Los Angeles, London, New York
- Elements: A solo exhibition of Alexandra's works was held in 2004 in White Room Gallery, Los Angeles
- She is openly Lesbian.
- Ithaka: A photography project by Alexandra in 2008
- In the Woods: a solo exhibition project of Alexandra at the Meredith Gunderson Projects in London
- Barclays Capital selected her for international sponsorship in 2008
- Center of Cultural Intelligence in Singapore: She published a series of books which was sponsored by Center of Cultural Intelligence in Singapore
- Top 10 exhibitions in Lisbon: Time Out Magazine listed Alexandra's show in Cascais, Portugal in one of the top 10 exhibitions of 2016
- She is her own hair stylist, she likes to cut her hair herself
- Designing Blind: She presented the TV program in which designer Eric Brun-Sanglard assisted couple with redesigning their homes
- Some of her projects are: 'The in between, Nowhere, Nowhere monochrome, Ithaka, Ithaka monochrome, Rebuilding, Elements
- She has a puppy named Ziggy.
- Press coverage: She has been covered in-
- Artworks Magazine
- Le Quotidien de l'Art
- NY Arts Review
- Paperback LA 2019
- Point Contemporain
- Soho House magazine
- The New Yorker
- The Washington post
- Timeout Lisbon
- Wall street International
- RAICES: She supports RAICES, an organization working on Refugee & Immigrant Education & legal issues
- Women's march: She participated in the Los Angeles Women's march, she even made a logo for the event
- She went to Idaho for skiing in 2018
- She donated to hurricane relief in 2017
- She supports democratic party, she likes Obama (thinks he is eye candy), hates Trump (to the core)
- Books: Some of her books are: The in between, Into the woods, Two Tabletops touching, Everybody Knows this is nowhere (named after the album by Neil Young, which was released in 1969, her birth year)
- She got a restraining order against Celine Martelleur in 2016, she was apparently trying to confess her love for Jodie Foster
- She doesn't have a twitter account.
- Alexandra is tall at 5 foot 10 inches, her partner Jodie is 5 foot 1 inch.
- I have to do my photography because that's my work and it makes me so happy.
- The geometry in everything
- Sometimes the rain makes things even more beautiful
- Photography is something I fell in love with accidentally
- The things I like (to photograph) are something that have something haunting about them, I love screams, obstacles, in the transitory state, places that are scarier little bit
- What you knew is no longer and you don't know what will happen in the future
- Forest is an exciting place, a scary place, you can't quite get through it, there is something about it