Cristin Milioti is an American stage, TV & movie actress and a Grammy Award winning singer. Cristin Milioti is known for playing Frankie in "No Activity", Modern Love, Sirena/ Cindy Marie Abrams in The Venture Bros., Whitney in "The Mindy Project", Betsy Solverson in 'Fargo', Teresa Petrillo in 'The Wolf of Wall Street', Brandi in 'The Brass Teapot', Nanette Cole in Black Mirror, Zelda Vasco in A to Z, Tracy McConnell in 'How I Met Your Mother' among others.
Cristin Milioti was born on 16th August 1985 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States to Clark Vincent Milioti(Father) & Catherine Milioti(Mother)
- Cherry Hill High School East(CHE): Cristin studied for 4 years at the public school located at the Cherry Hill, Camden County, New Jersey. She participated in the school plays during her time in the High school.
- New York University: Cristin studied at the NYU for while, she studied acting there. However she discontinued the studies and left the University in her freshman year. University lists her as the alumni in their ads. She acted in 'A History of Tears' while in there.
Facts & Trivia
- Olive Garden Italian: Cristin is of Italian descent from her paternal side. Her grandfather is an Italian with Calabrian & Sicilian ancestry. She also has some Irish, Belgian, Czech, Scottish and English genes in her.
- Acting: As a middle schooler she went to the Long Lake Arts Camp in New York. It is here that her interest in acting was kindled.
- She wasn't very diligent as a student as per her own admission.
- Advertisements: Cristin's career in acting started with advertising, Ford Edge is among her early ad appearances. She was in a local toilet seat commercial.
- Boyish child: she had a somewhat boyish look in her childhood, she had a buzz cut at one time, she attended an year of her middle school in buzz cut. She was shoved into a locker once, they had confused her for a boy.
- Boyfriend: Cristin has been with her boyfriend 'Jesse Hooker' since 2008. He is a furniture designer who owns 'Hooker & Co.' Jesse has also acted in few TV series, role of 'Aidan' from 'Sex and the city' is a notable one. They live in their apartment in Bushwick, Brooklyn
- How I Met Your Mother (2005): She plays the title role of mother in the TV series, she learned to play bass for her character was a bass player. She appears as a regular from the 9th season onwards. She was nervous initially as she was playing a much awaited character, she breathes life to her character.
- Eelwax Jesus: She was part of the New York city based music band named 'Eelwax Jesus' b
- She was featured by the Vogue magazine in 2012 when she was nominated for the Tony Awards
- Cristin Milioti the singer: Cristin has sung in La Vie En Rose, Falling Slowly, If you want Me, The Hill among others
- Drunk personality: She once failed a sobriety test without even a drop of liqour inside her. She felt the tests were funny and started laughing, which of course did not help her cause.
- Parking tickets: In her first week in the Los Angeles she was given 4 parking tickets.
- Stage performances: Cristin has appeared in titles such as The Lieutenant of Inishmore(2006), Coram Boy(2007), The Devil's Disciple(2007), Crooked, Some Americans Abroad, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Stunning, The Little Foxes, That Face, Once, Lazarus, After The Blast.
- Rhythm and Repose: Cristin apepared in several of Glen Hansard's album in 2012
- Grammy Award: She won a Grammy award for her performance in 'Once' with singer Steve Kazee in the 'Best Musical Theater Album' category
- Award Nominations: She has been nominated for awards such as Lucille Lortel Award(2011), Tony Award(2012), Critics' Choice Television Award(2016), MTV Movie & TV Award(2018)
- She was working in Black Box productions when she was discovered by an agent, it helped her get roles in the off broadway, it lead to her get the much needed attention from the cast directors and.
- Audio book narration: Cristin has voiced many audio books like- The Perfect Mother(by Aimee Molloy); Exposure, Seizure, Virals, Code, Terminal: A Virals Novel (by Kathy Reichs); The Apothecary, The After-Room, The Apprentices(by Maile Meloy)
- She is a great fan of Davis Bowie, she had an awkward first meeting with him
- She has sharp canine teeth.
- Social Network: She doesn't have a Twitter of facebook profile, but has a private instagram profile.
- She hasn't worked with Quentin Tarantino, she loves to work with him in the future. As a 17 year old young girl she was fascinated by the idea of a woman kicking a**es (Kill Bill)
- I have been chased by paparazzi once in my life, they had thought I was someone else.
- I have a drunk personality
- On my first date, my boyfriend asked me if I wanted to eat a la carte, and I said that I would prefer to stay inside
- Variety definitely attracts me. I try to do things that are as different as possible.
- I look to play real, complex people, which is not always made available.
- I think I spent a lot of years trying to be what people wanted me to be. And it doesn't ever work. Or alternately it does and you are trapped in something that is not you and it sucks.
- I'm not on any social media, I'm on Instagram privately, and I only use it to creep
- I stay very far from the internet, I only use it for cat videos.
- I was made fun of in the High School, only kids that were nice to me were theatre kids, that kind of drew me into it.
- [On theatre] There is nothing like a live audience. Theatre is the most fun and most exhausting. Film & TV need little spurts of energy, on Theatre you have to be a 1000% the entire time.
- I eat really weird things.
- The women I was drawn to in the films as a kid were the ones I thought I could also one day be like. I was drawn to women who were comfortable being a mess or flawed.