Jasmine Ser is a Singaporean Air Rifle shooter. She has won Gold medals at the Commonwealth Games in 2010(Delhi) & 2014 (Glasgow)
Jasmine Ser was born on 24th September 1990 in Singapore.
Jasmine Ser: Facts & Trivia
- She took up shooting as a sport at the age of 13, by 16 she was already an Asian Games Medal winner.
- She trains for about 8 hours a day.
- She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2014, she carried her studies and competitions simultaneously
- She has a sister- Adrienne Ser who is also a shooter, they together had won a team bronze at the 2006 Asian Games, they have been roommates.
- NUS Sportswoman of the year 2010: Jasmine was awarded with 'Sportswoman of the year' in 2010 by then NUS Deputy President Mr Joseph Mullinix
- Singapore Sportswoman of the Year in 2011- She was crowned Singapore Sportswoman in 2011 for her excellent contribution to shooting in the country.
- Sports Excellence Scholarship: The government has awarded her the scholarship so that she can train full time
- She is Left handed and uses Right Eye as the master Eye
- She speaks at schools sometimes to motivate children to take up sports
Jasmine Ser: Records
- 2006 Asian Games
- Women's 10 metre air rifle team: Jasmine Ser secured a Team bronze along with Adrienne Ser & Vanessa Yong.
- Women's 10 metre air rifle: She qualified for the finals with the 5th highest score, however she scored the 7th highest score in the finals
- 2010 Commonwealth Games:
- Women's 50 metre rifle three positions pairs: Jasmine won the Gold medal with her team mate with Aqilah Binte Sudhir. They scored a total of 1149, achieving the Commonwealth Games record for pairs.
- Women's 50 metre rifle three positions singles: She won Silver at the event with a total score of 672.6, just behind the Australian Alethea Sedgman
- Women's 10 metre air rifle singles: She won Gold at the event with a finals Game Record points of 501.7.
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- Women's 10 metre air rifle: Jasmine shot 394 in the qualifications at the London Olympics, she was placed 24th and missed the finals with a mere 3 points.
- Women's 50 metre rifle three positions: She shot 577 in the Qualification round, thus was placed 29th and missing out on the chance to play in the finals.
- 2014 Commonwealth Games:
- Women's 50 metre rifle three positions: She won Gold at the Women's 50 metre rifle three positions event, with 581 qualification points and 449.1 finals points.
- Women's 50 metre rifle prone: She finished 15th in the event with 612 points
- Women's 10 metre air rifle: She finished 4th in the event with 413.1 qualification points and missed bronze in the finals with a mere 0.4 points
- 2015 Southeast Asian Games: She won 5 Medals at the event in total, 1 Gold, 3 Silvers and a Bronze.
- 2016 Summer Olympics
- Women's 10 metre air rifle: She scored 413.5 in the qualifications finishing 25th overall
- Women's 50 metre rifle three positions: She finished 34th in the qualifications with 568 runs
- 2017 Southeast Asian Games: She won a Gold a Silver the competition