|Date Of Birth||June 14, 1993|
|Age||28 years 4 months 5 days|
|Day of Birth||Monday|
|Place Of Birth||Excelsior, Minnesota, United States|
|Professions||Actor , Singer , Model|
|Full Name||Ryan Jerome McCartan|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Body Features & Measurements|
6 Feet 1 Inches
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Education (High School)||Minnetonka High School (Minnetonka, Minnesota)|
|Education(School)||Eden Prairie High School (Eden Prairie, Minnesota)|
|Alma Mater||University of Minnesota|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Girlfriends|| Dove Cameron (2013-2016; singer & actress) |
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Food||Fettuccine Alfredo (as prepared by his mother)|
|Favorite Movie||King Speech|
|Favorite Singers|| Frank Sinatra |
|Favorite Book||Catcher in the rye|
|Favorite TV show||American Dad|
|Favorite Video Game||Pokemon|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Ryan McCartan Twitter Profile|
|Instagram Profile||Ryan McCartan Instagram Profile|
|Contact (Email)||email@example.com (Old; not sure if still works)|
|Fan Mail||4545 Morse Ave, Studio City, CA 91604|
Ryan McCartan is an American actor & singer. Ryan is popular for his roles- Brad Majors in The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again (2016), Diggie Smalls in Liv and Maddie (2013-2017), Hunter in R.L. Stine's Monsterville: The Cabinet of Souls (2015), William Phipps in Royal Pains (2014)
Ryan has recently appeared on the TV series- Freakish (2017) as Ollie, in the short TV series- Princess Rap Battle (2018-2019) as Mad Hatter.
Childhood - Family
Ryan Jerome McCartan was born on 14th June 1993 in Excelsior, Minnesota, United States to Conn McCartan(Father)- a High School principal & Pam McCartan(Mother).
Ryan's father Conn McCartan worked at the Eden Prairie High School (EPHS)- a four year public high school located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota as the principal of the school until his retirement in 2018. In 2014, in an interview to USA Today, Conn had advocated considering the rising diversity among the United States students and talked about his privilege as a white man.
[ Ryan McCartan's mom Pam McCartan with baby Alison McCartan ]
[ Ryan McCartan's Dad Conn McCartan & sister Alison McCartan ]
He has a sister named Alison McCartan. Alison is an actress herself, she has toured the United States performing the musical version of Shrek.
[ Ryan McCartan's with sister Alison McCartan ]
- School: Ryan attended the 'Eden Prairie High School' located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota for his primary & middle schooling. Interestingly Ryan's father Conn was the principal at the school.
- High School: Rya attended Minnetonka High School , a public high school situated in Minnetonka, Minnesota. Ryan got interested in performing arts at the high school. He was part of the theater & choir teams.
- University of Minnesota: Ryan attended the University of Minnesota briefly for a course in BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts), but he discontinued it and moved to Los Angeles for a career in acting
- YoungArts Program: Ryan is an alumni of the U.S Presidential scholarship program "YoungArts" for the young artists in the visual, literary & performing arts
Girlfriend - Dating
Ryan McCartan & Samantha Fekete
Ryan has been dating popular youtuber Samantha Fekete since 2017.
They were first spotted together when they visited Disneyland together in September 2017. Later they visited Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge event where they took a dive together in a pool full of cranberries. Speculations about their relationship was confirmed to be a real girlfriend-boyfriend relationship when the two started kissing each other and calling each other girlfriend-boyfriend on their social media posts.
[ Ryan McCartan & Samantha Fekete ]
Ryan McCartan & Dove Cameron
Ryan met Actress & Singer Dove Cameron on the sets of 'Liv and Maddie', the two started dating in August 2013 (Imdb insists it was exactly on August 6th 2013).
The Girl and the Dreamcatcher: The couple was very enthusiastic about music and had formed a band named in May 2015, they named it 'The Girl and the Dreamcatcher' in September 2015, Dove Cameron as 'The Girl', and Ryan McCartan as 'the Dreamcatcher'. The band has performed 'Written in the Stars', 'Glowing in the Dark', 'Someone You Like', 'Make You Stay' among other singles. The band broke up in October 2016 following the breakup in relationship. You can enjoy some of their work on their youtube channel.
Dove & Ryan performed together at the QuickChek New Jersey Festival on July 30, 2016
Engagement: The couple got engaged on 14th April 2016
Breakup: However, he couple split up in October 2016 (Imdb insists it was on 5th October), it was her decision, her later tweets revealed she was unhappy in the relationship.
Image: Dove Cameron & Ryan McCartan
She has had a relationship with actor & singer Thomas Doherty past her breakup with Ryan. Ryan has been dating youtuber Samantha Fekete since 2017.
Facts & Trivia
- Entry into acting: It was summer time and he had spare time, his sister was performing in the play 'How the Grinch stole Christmas spirit', it inspired him, he said 'I could do that' to his mom and she got him into various auditions to get him a few roles.
- Interest in acting & musicals: He was a part of the choir and theater at the Minnetonka High School.
- Move to Los Angeles: He moved to Los Angeles in 2012 to seek a steady career in acting after his initial success as an actor. It allows him extra time to find more auditions rather than waste time on travelling.
- Political inclination: He supported Hillary Clinton for president in the 2016 United states Presidential elections.
- Tattoo: He has a tattoo of initials JPS (his grandfather) on his ribs
- Sexual abuse as a minor: Ryan revealed in a 2019 interview that he was sexually abused at the age of 12 by a theater mentor
- He has been on many spoken word performances
- Ryan plays Ryan: In the TV series "The Middle" he plays the character Ryan, which is same as his real name.
- Kissing scene: Ryan has a kissing scene in the movie "Rocky Horror Picture Show" with actress Laverne Cox.
Question & Answers
- What was Ryan's New Year resolution for 2018?
- His New Year resolution in 2018 was to do Yoga every day
- What animal is Ryan?
- When Ryan's ex-girlfriend Dove Cameron was asked to pick an animal that best suits Ryan, she chose "Tiger, baby Tiger"
- What is his favorite Pizza?
- Ryan loves all pizzas, Dominoes are his favorite variety of pizza makers.
- Is Ryan McCartan Vegan?
- Yes, Ryan has become a Vegan.
- High School Musical(2007): Ryan's acting career started with the stage rendition of Disney's High School Musical.
- Ryan has acted in 'Liv & Maddie', a member of the crew had watched Ryan singing in one of his youtube videos, the crew was looking for a talent who could also sing for the role in 'Heathers The Musical', he ended up booking the part in the musical. He did musicals as a child as well.
- Ryan worked extensively on stages during his formative years, some of the theaters he hs worked on are:
- The Chanhassen Dinner Theatre
- The Children's Theatre Company
- The Guthrie Theater
- The Old Log Theater
- The Great American History Theatre
- Negatives(2016): First EP by Dove Cameron & Ryan McCartan, the album had songs 'My Way', 'Monster', 'Cry Wolf', 'Gladiator', 'Glowing in the Dark', 'Make You Stay'
|2016||Negatives||July 29, 2016||Label- GDC Records|
- Heart Attack: Heart Attack was Ryan's first studio album as an artist, it was released on 13th October 2015. Ryan has tried fusion of modern pop with the 1950s "bad boy" rock and roll in the album. Electric pianos, guitars & catchy hooks are the highlights of the music. The album tells the "coming of age" rollercoaster story of a youth finding love in strange places
|2015||Heart Attack||October 13, 2015||modern pop & "bad boy" rock n roll|
|2016||Make You Stay||Negatives||For The Girl and the Dreamcatcher" with Dove Cameron; also as executive producer; released exclusively on "People"|
|2016||Glowing in the Dark||Negatives||For The Girl and the Dreamcatcher" with Dove Cameron; also as executive producer|
|2016||Someone You Like|
|2015||All I Want for Christmas Is You||For The Girl and the Dreamcatcher" with Dove Cameron; original by Mariah Carey|
|2015||Written in the Stars||For The Girl and the Dreamcatcher" with Dove Cameron; also as executive producer|
|2015||Heart Attack||From the album "Heart Attack"|
|2014||You Can't Unlove Me|
|2014||At Last I See the Light"||First ever music project by Ryan & Dove together|
|2016||Dammit Janet||The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again||TV Movie; As performer|
|2016||Over at the Frankenstein Place|
|2016||Once in a While|
|2016||Planet Hot Dog|
|2016||Rose Tint My World|
|2016||Don't Dream It|
|2015||Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas||The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival||TV Special; As performer; originally by Frank Sinatra|
|2015||Ours To Lose||Summer Forever||Movie; As performer|
|2015||The Billie & Bobbie Show||Austin & Ally||
Episode- Duos & Deception
|2015||Clean Up Your Heart and Let The Love Shine In|
|2015||The Billie & Bobbie Show|
|2016||The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again||
|2015||R.L. Stine's Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls||
|Direct to video|
|2018-2019||Princess Rap Battle||Mad Hatter||"Dorothy vs. Alice" (Season 1 Episode 9); "Queen of Hearts vs. Wicked Witch of the West" (Season 1 Episode 10)|
|2018||Love Daily||Dylan||"Love and Cheese" (Season 1 Episode 9)|
|2017||Freakish||Ollie||5 Episodes; "Attraction", "Strangers", "Trust Issues", "Self Preservatiom", "Dare" (Season 2 Episode 2-6)|
|2017||Midnight, Texas||Jeremy||"Riders on the Storm", "The Virgin Sacrifice" (Season 1 Episode 9-10)|
|2013-2017||Liv and Maddie||Diggie Smalls||26 episodes|
|2015||Austin & Ally||Billie||"Duos & Deception" (Season 4 Episode 6)|
|2014||Royal Pains||William Phipps V (aka Cinco)||4 Episodes; "I Did Not See That Coming", "Oh, M.G.", "Good Air/Bad Air", "A Bigger Boat" (Season 6 Episode 8-10,12)|
|2014||Last Man Standing||Matt||"Tasers" (Season 3 Episode 15)|
|2013||Monday Mornings||Daniel||"The Legend and the Fall" (Season 1 Episode 5)|
|2013||The Middle||Ryan||"Valentine's Day IV" (Season 4 Episode 15)|
Short Movies List
|2018||The Forbidden Cure||Dr. Max Gerson||also as executive producer|
Stage/ Broadway/ Off-Broadway
Location- St. James Theatre
production- Roundabout Theatre Company
off-broadway: Laura Pels Theatre
|2019||South Pacific||Lt. Cable||
Aspen Music Festival
Broadway at Gershwin Theatre
|2018||Mutt House||Eddie Corbin||
Location: Kirk Douglas Theatre
|2013-4||Heathers: The Musical||Jason Dean (J.D)||
with Jessica Keenan Wynn & Elle McLemore;
Location- Off-Broadway at New World Stages
- Ryan McCartan was one of the only 2 student performers to receive Jimmy Award, he had performed the solo "Someone to Fall Back On" by Jason Robert Brown. Shauni Ruetz (best actress) from Rochester, New York was the other selected participant. Both of them received scholarships of $10,000.
|2011||WON||National High School Musical Theater Awards||Jimmy Award||A prestigious award given to 2 outstanding student performers|
News & Updates
- 2019 November: He made his solo debut at the cabaret & restaurant "Feinstein's/54 Below" in New York City
- 2016: Food Poisoning: Ryan was hospitalized in October 2016 for complications related to food-poisoning, diabetes and dehydration.
- 2014: His role in Heathers: The Musical as J.D was quite well received by the audience and critics. Time Out printed that Ryan "smolders nicely as J.D.", The Wrap described him as "devilishly good", NBCNY appreciated his performance for "plenty of charisma"
- Dove has decided this relationship isn't what she wants. We still love each other very much. Please be sensitive, as this is painful.
- I love her to death, there is a lot of love there, she has made a decision, because I love her, I have to respect that.
- Take the high road, there is less traffic (about blaming the other person after break-up)
- Gossip is like Monopoly money. It is worth nothing unless you are willing to play a long, boring game.
- In TV camera is on your face, everything is subtle, where as in theater you are performing for a larger. But as far as energy, work ethic, character development are involved there is not much difference.
- Dove & I have a very very supportive relationship, lot of the times when actors date there is lot of politics and jealousy, that is not the case with us, we love each other very much, we are proud of what we do.
- (When asked do you have any ideas for the next cover) We have ideas for like next 90 covers.
- I put the hot in psychotic.
- My sister is my inspiration.
- It is easy to write songs about someone you love.
- My inspiration comes from everywhere, I really like organic song writing
- It is weird for many people to watch themselves on the screen, I swear I'm not being cocky, I love being on TV.
- Lot of people think value for an actor comes from money and fame, but actually it comes from people, from fans.
- You can choose to believe one of two things: Everything will fall into place, and then you’ll be happy or You will be happy, and then everything will fall into place.
- If I die I want you to tell the obituary people it was FOMO that did me in
- I'm un-offendable
- If your dreams aren't coming true, it means the ones you're dreaming are too small for you
- I don't usually cry, but when I do, it's in the car while I'm driving.
- we can agree on the fact that watches are bracelets now. No one uses that s**t to tell time that's what phones are for.
- The only people who refer to their customers as users are drug dealers and technicians
- Everything happens for a reason, the universe takes good care of us.
- Guilt spills itself for fear of being spilled
- (On twitter vs instagram) I like cracking jokes in 140 characters or less.
- I feel like the eye doctor is judging me when I think an E is an S
- Why do I fix my hair in the mirror every night before going to bed?
- There is nothing more powerful in the world than love and kindness; and, somehow, you need to trust that.
- The only thing that's truly impossible is the notion that something is impossible. You got this, booboo.
- I go to Universal Studios Hollywood twice a week. I'm never growing up.
- The best relationships are ones where your love for each other exceeds your need for each other
- There is no such thing as try, only succeed; there is no such thing as possibility, only certainty
- Don't lose yourself in the pursuit of winning. Such a loss defeats the purpose of victory.
- Calling Native-Americans "Indians" is getting old. I'm gonna start calling Mexicans "Chinese" now, see where that gets me.
- I'm in love with a paradox; perfect sense just makes no sense to me
- Don't use your brilliance to justify your insanity
- Every day can't be the best day, do what you can right now don't hesitate
- If you don't use social media to be ironic and iconic, then what's the point
- I believe I'm a good person. You know, I think there's good in everyone.
- Hello innocence, though it seems like we've been friends for years; I'm finishing, though I wish I had never begun
- We live in a time where people are hated more for being hated than for hating in the first place. Remember our higher purpose is to love
- People say for every door that closes there is another that opens, it isn't that way in film industry, for every 200 that close there is one that opens