|Date Of Birth
|Place Of Birth
|Pensacola, Florida, United States
|Fact Checker , Editor , Writer
|Anne Powell Stringfield
|Los Angeles, California, United States
|Thick Glasses , Very Skinny
|Body Features & Measurements
5 Feet 7 Inches
|Dr. James Stringfield
|Glenn Vernon Martin
|Mary Lee Martin
|Education (High School)
|Pensacola High School
|Davidson College (class of 1994)
|Love, Romance, Marriage
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes
|Favorite Movie genre
| Hermann Hesse
Anne Stringfield is an American writer & a former The New Yorker employee. She is the wife of comedian and actor Steve Martin.
Anne Powell Stringfield was born in 1972 in Pensacola, Florida, United States to Dr. James Stringfield(Father)- a doctor in Pulmonology (University of Alabama School of Medicine) & Margo Stringfield(Mother)- an archaeologist at the West Florida University. She has an younger sister who her maid of honor at the wedding.
Anne Stringfield Education
- Pensacola High School- She went to the secondary High school located at downtown Pensacola, Florida. It is here that her interest in acting started.
- Davidson College: She graduated from college in 1994.
Anne Stringfield Marriage
Anne Stringfield & Steve Martin
Meeting: Anne was working as an editor in the New Yorker magazine around 2002, she was sent a comedy piece written by Steve Martin to edit, Anne called Steve to discuss on the piece and it got them talking, they kept in touch through phone for couple of years before meeting in person. They are both introverts and shy, they liked each other and kept meeting more often. She was even mistaken for Kristen Davis of, for they both have similar looks.
Wedding: Anne & Steve got married on 28th of July 2007 at Steve's Los Angeles house. The event was attended by friends of the couple like- Carl Reiner, Eugene Levy, Ricky Jay, Tom Hanks. The event was presided over by senator and friend Bob Kerrey. Lorne Michaels was Steve's best man. Anne wore a Vera Wand Bridal dress, Steve wore an Armani. musical band Hot Rize provided music and entertainment
Image: Anne Stringfield & Steve Martin wedding
Wedding came as a surprise for the guests, they were not told that it was a wedding party, thus they were under the impression that it was just a party. It was Steve's 2nd marriage, he was previously married to British actress Victoria Tennant(married 1986-divorced 1994), he had previously dated Carrie Fisher(actress), Cindy Sherman(artist), Bernadette Peters(actress).
The couple had their Honeymoon in the French West Indies.
Image: Anne Stringfield, Steve Martin & Daughter Mary Martin
The age difference between Steve Martin and Anne Stringfield is about 27 years, this raised lots of eye brows and got lot of media attention. The couple have a daughter named Mary Martin.
Anne Stringfield Interesting Facts & Trivia
- The New Yorker: Anne has previously worked in the The New Yorker magazine. She worked as an editor & fact-checker. You can read all her TNY pieces here.
- She wrote a tribute to Hollywood's famous Talent manager Sue Mengers on the New Yorker in 2011.
- On Gay marriage support in the Southern United States
- Writer: Anne has worked a freelance writer for many magazines including Vogue magazine. She has edited articles, written reviews on plays and other art works.
- Daughter: Anne gave birth to daughter Mary Martin in December 2012, Mary is the first daughter of both Anne and Steve. Steve was 67 at the time, he had been previously married, but had not any children. Steve had joked about naming his daughter Conquistador.
- Anne has remained away from spotlight for a long time now, she maintains low key and very rarely accompanies her husband to high profile events.
- Facial resemblance: Steve's friend Tina Fey observed Anne's remarkable resemblance to herself and called Anne as her(Tina's) "Younger, skinnier, smarter version.". While Steve and Anne were dating, some in the media mistook Anne to be Kristen Davis of 'Sex and the city' fame.
- Art Collector: Anne is an art collector and is one of the trustees of Los Angeles Art Museum. Martin has taste for Art too, he has his own collection of art. Many paintings from Anne's & Steve's painting collection were displayed at Gagosian, Los Angeles, 6-8 in July 2019 by Modern Australian Western Desert painters
- Miami, Florida- is her dream travel destination
- Steve Martin on his wife & Family: "My wife, Anne Stringfield.. is as beautiful as she is smart, My wife alone would have been enough reward for my life, but now she's brought me a wonderful child"
- She rarely accompanies her husband on public events, she attended the 'American Film Institute' award where her husband was given the 'Life Achievement' award in 2015
- Donation to Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Anne & Steve donated a landscape art by Lawre Harris in honor of Canada's 150th Anniversary in November 2017
- The Steve Martin Prize for excellence in Banjo & Bluegrass: she was one of the members for the competition along with J.D Crowe, Pete Wernick, Alison Brown, Bela Fleck, Dr. Neil Rosenberg, Noam Pikelny, Tony Trischka and others