|Date Of Birth||October 23, 1998|
|Age||22 years 11 months 26 days|
|Day of Birth||Friday|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Professions||Writer , Singer , Actress|
|Religion||Judaism (She considers herself spiritual)|
|Languages||English , Spanish|
|Nationalities||Danish , American , South African|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 3 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Hair type||curly hair|
|Father||Tom Stenberg (Danish citizen)|
|Mother||Karen Brailsford (writer, spiritual counselor; of African American descent)|
|Sisters|| Angela Myree |
Elise Stenberg (Paternal half)
|Grandfathers|| Charlie Benjamin Brailsford (Maternal) |
Tage Stenberg (Paternal)
|Grandmothers|| Ena Stenberg (Paternal; singer & radio host) |
Leola White (Maternal)
|Alma Mater||New York University|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Boyfriend||Jaden Smith (2014-15)|
|Girlfriend||King Princess (Ex, 2018)|
|Debut (Movie)||Colombiana(2011) (as child artist, child version of the lead actress)|
|Debut (Song)||Let My Baby Stay|
|Debut (TV)||A Taste of Romance|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Actress||Meryl Streep|
|Favorite Foods|| Pizza |
|Favorite Movie||The Shining (1980)|
|Favorite Singers|| Rihanna |
|Favorite Musicians|| Fleetwood Mac |
|Favorite Books||A Tree Grows in Brooklyn |
Mortal Instruments (Series)
|Favorite Perfume||Marc Jacobs Daisie|
|Favorite TV show||The Simpsons|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Facebook Profile||Amandla Stenberg Facebook Profile|
|Twitter Profile||Amandla Stenberg Twitter Profile|
|Instagram Profile||Amandla Stenberg Instagram Profile|
|YouTube Channel||Amandla Stenberg YouTube Channel|
|Vimeo Profile||Amandla Stenberg Vimeo Profile|
|Tumblr Site||Amandla Stenberg Tumblr Site|
|Contact(Phone)||310 651 0201 (Publicist)|
|Manager||Jeff Schnabolk (The Society)|
|Talent Agents|| Allison Stroot |
|Inspiration||Solange Knowles (Style)|
|Net worth||$1 Million|
|Instruments|| Drums |
guitar (Her dad taught her that)
Amandla Stenberg is an American TV & Movie actress. She is popular for playing Rue in post apocalyptic science fiction 'The Hunger Games'. She played the lead role of Madeline Whittier in romantic drama- 'Everything, Everything'.
Amandla Stenberg (pronunciation Uh-mand-La; Stenberg is a Swedish name) was born on 23rd October 1998 in Los Angeles, California, United States to Tom Stenberg(father- a Danish citizen) & Karen Brailsford(mother- of African American descent)- a writer and spiritual counselor by profession.
Image: Amandla Stenberg with mother Karen Brailsford
She has two paternal elder sisters-
- Elise Stenberg (a psychology graduate from University of California, Santa Barbara) (check her pic below)
- Angela Myree (check her pic below)
Image: Amandla Stenberg with sisters- Elise Stenberg & Angela Myree
Marriage & Romances
Amandla Stenberg & King Princess
Amandla dated Singer, songwriter King Princess (Mikaela Mullaney Straus) in 2018. It all started in the early 2018 and they were separated by the end of 2018.
Image: Amandla Stenberg with Ex-partner King Princess
- Let My Baby Stay: She released her single in Mac DeMarco's song.
- Beginning of her career: Amandla started modeling for Disney at the age of 4.
- Commercials: She has appeared in commercials with brands/ products like- Boeing, Build the Dream, GMC SUV, Kmart, Marshalls Law, McDonald's, Sutter Health, Walmart.
- Voiceover: She has voice characters in- Falling Skies, Texas Killing Fields.
Amandla Stenberg Filmography
- The Eddy(TV series)- as Julie
- Drunk History (2019) (TV Series)- Elizabeth Eckford
- Where Hands Touch(2018)- Leyna
- The Hate U Give(2018)- Starr Carter
- The Darkest Minds(2018)- Ruby Daly
- Neo Yokio(2017) (TV series)- Helenist
- Everything, Everything(2017)- Maddy Whittier
- As You Are(2016)- Sarah
- Heads Up America(2015) (short)
- Mr. Robinson(2015)- Halle Foster
- Rio 2(2014)- Bia
- Sleepy Hollow(2013-3014) (TV Series)- Macey Irving
- Mercy (2013) (Short)- Sarah
- The Hunger Games(2012)- Rue
- A Taste of Romance(2012) (TV Movie)- Taylor
- Colombiana(2011)- Cat 10
Amandla Stenberg Music videos
Some of the commercials she has appeared in, brands she has promoted are:
- BET Awards for YoungStar Award: Amandla's music video Lemonade(2016) won the award in 2016
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Chemistry: Her performance in The Hunger Games(2012) as Rue earned her the award which she shared with Jennifer Lawrence)
- Meaning of her name: Her first name means 'strength' in the South African languages IsiXhosa, Zulu. It wa sinspired by Miles Davis' 1989 album-Amandla. Amandla Awethu(Power to the People) a slogan shouted at South Africa anti-apartheid rallies.
- Ethnicity: She is of multi-ethnic background. She is of Danish, African American, Greenlandic Inuit ancestral background.
- Singing: Amandla performed singing & violin at Los Angeles in 2013.
- Dazed magazine: The British magazine named her an incendiary voice of her generation' in their 2015 cover.
- Times' List: she featured in the most influential teens list of 2015 and 2016.
- Cultural appropriation: She criticized model & tv presenter Kylie Jenner for using the hairstyle that culturally appropriated others' culture.
- Don't Cash Crop My Cornrows: A video Song by Amandla Stenberg about white people culturally appropriating cornrows historically identified with black people.
- Niobe: She is Life- A comic book co-written by Amandla Stenberg with the comic writer Sebastian Jones in 2015, they have released the second book of the trilogy by the name- Niobe: She is Death in 2007.
- Intersectional feminist: She considers herself a Intersectional feminist.
- Feminist of the Year: She was awarded Feminist of the Year award by- Ms. Foundation for Women in 2015.
- Sexuality: she is a bisexual, she considers herself non-binary (which doesn't exclude transgenders), also sometimes as pansexual. She identified herself as gay in 2018 (Wonderland magazine interview)
- You Are Here: A relaxation, spiritual video narrated, created by Amandla for Teen Vogue.
- NoKidHungry: She participates in the movement which is aimed towards feeding the poor children in the United States. She is also the Youth Ambassador for No Kid Hungry.
- She paid tributes to the victims of Birmingham church bombing.
- She owns a Violin owned previously by her grandfather-Tage. Her grandmother Ena is from Greenland.
- Ubuntu Education Fund: She supports the organization.
- From cradle to career: She supports the organization which is aimed at nurturing the children of South Africa.
- The Goodyear Blimp: She went on a airship tour of Goodyear blimps.
- Breakout Kid Actor: Entertainment Weekly named her the Number 1 breakout kid actor.
- She comes from a very musical family, she started playing music when she was in elementary school.
- Black Girls Rock presented her Young, Gifted + Black award.
- Most Beautiful: People Magazine listed in the World's most beautiful list in 2017.
- 30 Under 30 in Hollywood: Forbes listed her in their list of 30 under 30 stars of Hollywood.
- Awards: She is either the recipient/ nominee of- NAACP Image Award, BET Awards YoungStars Award, Teen Choice Award, Black Reel Awards among others.
- She has attended events like- TeenNick Halo Awards, The BAFTA Britannia Awards, Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards,
- She has appeared on TV in- KTLA Morning News, Extra, E! News, The Wendy Williams Show.
- She was prom date of Jaden Smith.
- She was a very active kid, she liked climbing trees as a kid.
- Audio book: She voiced the book- Bird by Crystal Chan in 2014
- She has acted in dramas such as- Love and Communication, Fiddler on the Roof, Urinetown, Twelfth Night, Alice in Wonderland, Hairspray, Grease
- Accents- she can do Spanish, British and Southern accents
- Some of the charities she is involved with are- Share Our Strength , National Memorial , MLK Memorial Foundation.
- She was on the cover page of Elle September 2016 UK issue
- She has 2 older paternal half-siblings.
- Smartphone: In July 2017, in an interview given to 'Bust' Amandla stated that she has stopped using smartphone because of its effects on human mental health
- Meditation video: She wrote and directed a meditation video for her second Teen Vogue appearance
- Next Generation Leader honoree: Time magazine featured her on their cover page for 2018
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences: She has been a member of the Academy since 2018.
- She follows Rihanna's beauty tips on Rihanna's youtube beauty channel
- She loves doing makeup. Especially on herself
- She loves cats and has a cute grey cat.
- She featured on the cover page of ESSENCE in January 2019
- Amandla "sponsored": She is a witty, funny person. She changed her instagram handle to "amandlasponsored" to joke how brands are using social media these days for promotion.
- SuperSoul : She recorded a Session for Oprah
- I definitely feel more confident as I'm growing up knowing more of myself.
- I realize that putting up a facade is more detrimental to who I am authentically myself.
- Bisexual implies a dichotomy that doesn't take into account transgender people. So maybe pansexual is more accurate for me.
- Oftentimes when we play black women, we have to play either the pain or the comedy, Just now are we starting to have three-dimensional, nuanced black characters.
- What if America loved Black people as much as black culture?
- Black women need better representation In Hollywood.
- My mom reminds me that all things are possible.
- When I'm myself, most authentically myself, free of self-hatred, free of self-judgment, then I'm also my most revolutionary.
- I love all kinds of art. I mean, I love sketching and acting and music.
- One of my favorite ways to express myself is through my clothes
- I hope I always make work that is reflective of what I believe in, If art isn’t personal, then it doesn’t speak to me
- I’m not tied to the idea that everything I say has to be given so much weight. But I hope that it makes people feel less alone.
- When social media first started popping up, it was really exciting because for the first time, we weren’t dependent on white institutions to afford us platforms of representation, A few years later, you see the effects in Hollywood, in the diversity that’s finally being portrayed onscreen
- I’m still figuring out what box I would like to be defined by, But hopefully, I’ll never be defined by any box
- I accidentally became an activist, and that’s still not necessarily a word that I self-label. I protest for sure, but I’m not out there on the front lines