|Date Of Birth||September 23, 1968|
|Age||30 years 3 months 0 days|
|Day of Birth||Monday|
|Place Of Birth||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Date Of Death||23 December 1998|
|Place Of Death||New York City, New York, United States|
|Professions||Comedian , Actress|
|Full Name||Michelle Doris Thomas|
|Religions||Christianity , Islam|
|Famous For||The Cosby Show , Family Matters|
|Body Features & Measurements|
4 Feet 12 Inches
|Father||Dennis Thomas (Musician/ saxophonist)|
|Mother||Phynjuar Thomas (Actress)|
|Uncle||Paul T. Goodnight|
|Grandfather||Cecil G. Saunders, Sr|
|Education (High School)||West Essex High School, North Caldwell, N.J|
|Alma Mater||Montclair School of the Arts and the Broadway Dance Center|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Boyfriend||Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Ex)|
|Debut (Movie)||Dream Date(1989)|
|Debut (TV)||The Cosby Show(1988-1990)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Friend||Jon B. (Singer)|
Michelle Thomas is an American TV & Movie Actress & Comedian. She made her debut with Dream Date(1989) as Sally Palmer. She is popular for her roles of Justine Phillips [The Cosby Show (1988–90), and Myra Monkhouse [Family Matters(1993–98)]
Michelle Doris Thomas was born on 23rd September 1968 in Boston, Massachusetts, United states to Dennis Thomas (father)- a musician who played for "Kool & the Gang" and stage actress Phynjuar Thomas(Mother). she grew up in Montclair, New Jersey.
She has a brother named David Thomas.
- West Essex High School: Michelle graduated from the 'West Essex High School'- a public High school located in the North Caldwell in the year 1987
- Broadway Dance Center: She studied Jazz, hip-hop, Modern music at the 'Broadway Dance Center' in New York
Cancer & Death
She was diagnosed with Stomach Cancer in 1997, She had a tumor (intra-abdominal desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor), she underwent surgery twice in 1998, but it wasn't successful. She died at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center on December 26th 1998. Her former boyfriend Malcolm-Jamal Warner stayed at her bedside at the time of her death. She was buried at the Rosedale Cemetery, Orange, New Jersey.
Funeral service: She died with her family & friends surrounding her, a funeral service according to Muslim rites was conducted as she had requested.
Her grave has the inscriptions- Merry Christmas, Easter Bunny, Sweet Dreams, CHU-CHU
[Michelle Thomas with boyfriend Malcolm-Jamal Warner]
Trivia & Interesting Facts
- Vegetarian: Michelle was a vegetarian
- Smoking & Alcohol free: She never smoked or drank alcohol.
- Cancer: She died at the young age of 30 because of Cancer.
- Acting training: She was trained by her mother in acting, who worked as a acting coach.
- Her father Dennis Thomas was member of the funk music group Kool & the Gang. The band was popular in the 1970s.
- Teen pregnancy: Her mother Phynjuar Thomas was a stage artist. Phynjuar was only 17 years old when she gave birth to Michelle.
- Miss Talented Teen New Jersey: In 1984, Michelle was adjudged Miss Talented Teen at the Hal Jackson's Talent Competition.
- International Queen: At the age of 15 she became the international queen at the Montego Bay international competitions.
- She was a guest host at the music series Soul Train.
- Recording contract: At the age of 16 she received a recording contract, she however made a move to Los Angeles, to seek a career in acting.
- National commercial: Soon after moving to Los Angeles she landed in a National commercial.
- Malcolm & Eddie(1997) was her last TV series, Unbowed(1999) was her last movie.
- Michelle Thomas played "Betsy Brown" on stage.
- Loved Children: She did not want to chemically treat her illness, she feared it would reduce her chance of becoming a mother, she unfortunately died before conceiving a baby.
- Michelle studied acting with Flo Greenberg & Tony Abeson.
- Music: She had studied Jazz, Modern, Hip-hop forms of Music.
- Kahdijah Bell was her publicist till her death.
- She wanted to build her career all by herself, she did not tell anyone about her famous father.
- Unbowed(1999)- Anna
- Hangin' with the Homeboys(1991)- Telemarketing Operator
- Dream Date(1989) (TV)- Sally Palmer
TV Series List
- The Young and the Restless(1998)- Callie Rogers Stark
- Family Matters(199301998)- Myra Monkhouse
- Malcolm & Eddie(19970- Brooke Bellamy
- Duckman: Private Dick(1996)- (voice)
- Thea (1994)- Kendea
- The Cosby Show(1988-1990)- Justine Phillips
- A Man Called Hawk(1989)- Ruthie Carver
- Boyz II Men
- Chubb Rock
- Dru Hill
- Mint Condition
She is mostly known for her acting roles, however she has also performed in various soundtracks, especially for the episodes of "The Young and the Restless" & "Family Matters"
- When Sunny Gets Blue (The Young and the Restless)
- Forever More (The Young and the Restless)
- You've Got Friend (The Young and the Restless)
- In My Solitude (The Young and the Restless)
- I Can't Help Myself (Family Matters)
- 1999: Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series- NAACP Image Awards- WON for her work in "The Young and the Restless"