|Date Of Birth||August 15, 1967|
|Age||54 years 2 months 4 days|
|Day of Birth||Tuesday|
|Place Of Birth||New York City, New York, Unites States|
|Professions||Actor , Producer , Writer|
|Birth Name||Karl Peter Frederic Albert Hermann|
|Languages||Spanish , English , French , German|
|Body Features & Measurements|
6 Feet 5 Inches
|Hair color||light brown|
|Son||August Miklos Friedrich Hermann (born June 28, 2006; Miklos & Friedrich are names of Mariska's father & Peter's grandfather)|
|Wife||Mariska Hargitay (actress, director; m. 2004-)|
|Brothers In-Law|| Mickey Hargitay Jr. |
|Father In-Law||Mickey Hargitay|
|Mother In-Law||Jayne Mansfield|
|Daughter (Adopted)||Amaya Josephine (adopted in 2011)|
|Son (Adopted)||Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann (born 2011, adopted in 2011)|
|Alma Mater||Yale University|
|Debut (TV)||Guiding Light(1997–1998)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Books||The Last Refuge: A Dewey Andreas Novel |
Eye for an Eye
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Peter Hermann Twitter Profile|
|Net worth||$30 Million - $45 Million|
Peter Hermann is an American actor, writer & producer. He made his debut through the movie Swimfan(2002).
Peter was born on August 15, 1967 in the New York City to parents of German ancestry. His parents moved to Germany when he was only 2 months old, he was brought up in Germany till the age of 10, He was brought up speaking only German, he had to learn English when they returned to United States in 1977.
Education: He is a graduate from Yale University.
TV Debut: Hermann's career started with the TV series Guiding Light (1997–1998), where had a recurring role of Dr. Michael Burke, with 40+ episodes.
Other TV Series with minor rules: Some of the minor roles Peter has played include- Get Real(1999), Spin City(2000), Hack(2002), Sex and the City(2003), Angela's Eyes (2006), Beautiful People (2006), 30 Rock(2007), Elementary(2013).
Prominent role in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Peter played the character of Trevor Langan in the TV series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit , he had a recurring role with 30+ episodes.
War Horse is another major series for Peter, Younger is the latest Series where he has prominent role.
Movie Debut: Peter made his debut through Swimfan(2002) where he played the role of ER Doctor.
He has appeared in numerous other movies like- The treatment, United 93, Edge of Darkness, Just Wright, Too Big to Fail, Trouble with the Curve, Philomena, Chinese Puzzle
Peter Hermann met his future wife Mariska Hargitay while working on the sets of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit(2002-2015) in November 2001, they eventually started dating and got married in August 2004, Santa Barbara, California.
[Peter Hermann wedding]
[Peter Hermann Family: Wife Mariska Hargitay, Sons August & Andrew, Daughter Amaya]
Children: Peter & Mariska have three children together. One biological (August) and two adopted. Daughter Amaya of African ancestry was adopted in 2011 & son Andrew in 2011.
Interesting Facts & Trivia
- Peter had appeared in the TV commercials of- Zantac 75, Nyquil cold medicine, Verizon DSL, Persil Proclean laundry detergent
- He appeared in the anti-tobacco awareness campaign "Fair Enough" advertisements.
- Peter previously worked as a fact-checker at Vanity Fair magazine.
- Peter used to teach Special Ed classes.
- Peter was brought up in German till 10 without any exposure to English, yet Peter manages to speak fluent English without any accent.
- He talks to his parents in German.
- His son August can understand German and speaks bits and pieces of it.
- He has appeared in quite a few Broadway plays.
- Peter and Mariska own a $10 Million mansion in Upper West Side, Manhattan.
- Peter's wife Mariska always liked to have a big family, they adopted two more kids after their biological child. One of the mothers of adopted babies decided not to give the baby away at the last minute and they couldn't adopt the baby.
- He had a role alongside Mel Gibson in the movie Edge of Darkness(2010), Peter had facial similarity with younger Mel Gibson.
- Some days, I just love the physical space of the theater. I love theaters; they are heartbreakingly beautiful to me.
- As an actor, your heart lights up when there is conflict at the heart of any character you’re playing.
- There’s nothing I don’t need help with, and it’s very humbling.
- On her first date with Peter, "I just about passed out when I saw him there, I thought, 'That's my husband.'"