|Date Of Birth||November 5, 1970|
|Age||49 years 7 months 0 days|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Place Of Birth||Ilford, London, England|
|Professions||Dancer , Actress , Singer|
|Birth Name||Tamzin Maria Outhwaite|
|Other Names||Tasmin Outhwaite , Tamsin Outhwaite , Tammi Outhwaite|
|Nationalities||British , English|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 8 Inches
|Eye color||light brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Father||Colin Frank Outhwaite (taxi driver)|
|Mother||Anna Santi (financial adviser)|
|Daughters|| Marnie Mae Ellis |
Florence Elsie Ellis
|Brothers|| Kes Colin Outhwaite (born 15 October 1972) |
Kes Outhwaite (physiotherapist)
Jake Andrew Frank Outhwaite (born 25 July 1980; younger)
|Cousin||Daniel Baldwin (TV producer)|
|Grandfathers|| Remo Santi (maternal) |
Frank Outhwaite (Paternal)
|Grandmothers|| Josephine Arnold Outhwaite (Paternal) |
|Great Grandfather||Adelmo Santi (maternal)|
|Education (High School)||Trinity Catholic High School (Woodford Green) , Trinity High School|
|Alma Mater||Sylvia Young Theatre School|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Husband||Tom Ellis (married in 2006 and divorced in 2014)|
|Boyfriends|| Jamie Baker (Ex;) |
Nigel Harman (Ex; 2003)
DJ Steve Ellington (Ex;)
Marty Benson (Ex; 2000)
Leo Gregory (Ex; 2004)
|Debut (TV)||The Mystery of Dr Martinu (Movie) , British Men Behaving Badly (Series)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Foods|| Eggs benedict |
|Favorite Brand||NARS Cosmetics (Cosmetics)|
|Favorite cloths|| Jacket |
|Favorite shoe||Marc Jacob|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Tamzin Outhwaite Twitter Profile|
|Official Website||Tamzin Outhwaite Official Website|
|Instagram Profile||Tamzin Outhwaite Instagram Profile|
|Friends|| Jason Alper |
|Net worth||$8 Million|
Tamzin Outhwaite is a British TV & movie actress known for her roles such as Melanie in EastEnders, DCI Sasha Miller in New Tricks, D.I. Rebecca Flint in Paradox, Rose Chamberlain in The Fixer, Rebecca Mitchell in Hotel Babylon, Rhoda Bradley in Vital Signs, Sgt. Jo McDonagh in Red Cap.
Tamzin Outhwaite was born as Tamzin Maria Outhwaite on 5th November 1970 in Ilford, London, England to Anna Santi (mother) and Colin Frank Outhwaite(father)
Tamzin Outhwaite Relationships
Tamzin & Marty Benson: Tamzin dated TV producer Marty Benson for quite long, the relationship lasted till 2000
Tamzin & Nigel Harman: Tamzin dated fellow British actor Nidel in 2003, he was also an EastEnders star.
Tamzin & Leo Gregory: Tamzin dated English actor Leo back in 2004
Tamzin & DJ Steve Ellington: Tamzin dated DJ Steve for about 2 and half years
Tamzin & Jamie Baker: Tamzin dated professional snowboarder Jamie baker for a while
Tom Ellis & Tamzin Outhwaite: Tamzin met actor Tom Ellis through their common friend James McAvoy, they met in 2005, got engaged in November 2005 and got married in June 2006.
The couple have two daughters- Florence Elsie Ellis(2008) and Marnie Mae Ellis(2012). They separated in 2013 and got divorced in 2014. Tamzin had filed for divorce citing adultery as the reason.
Image: Tom Ellis & ex-wife Tamzin Outhwaite
Video: Tamzin singing & dancing "Over the Rainbow"
Tamzin Outhwaite Facts & Trivia
- Ancestry: Tamzin is of Italian ancestry from her mother's side. Her great grandfather came from Barga Italy and settled in Glasgow Italy initially and then in Fishburn, England.
- Stagestruck Theatre Company: Tamzin attended the theatre company in her teenage
- Sylvia Young Theatre School: Tamzin studied at the Sylvia Young Theatre School located in Marble Arch, London. She studied there till 1987.
- London Studio Centre: She studied drama and dance at the studio center, she had given up on school at the age of 16. she studied dance and drama there
- She once sent Christmas post card to post boxes on Albert square, not knowing they were not real.
- Theatre: She played in musical theatre plays such as Grease and Oliver before landing in EastEnders.
- Big break: Tamzin had her initial break through the BBC soap opera EastEnders where she played Mel Healy.
- Tamzin with her then husband Tom Ellis had won the ITV charity gameshow All Star Mr & Mrs Christmas Special in 2008
- Tamzin was the subject of the of an episode of BBC TV series Who Do You Think You Are? It was aired on 21 August 2014.
- Her maternal grandfather Pietro Santi had an ice-cream business in Fishburn, England.
- Singing: Tamzin has sung in songs "Don't You Want Me" & "I Know Him So Well" of the TV series Inside No. 9. She has also sung parts in "Waterloo" of EastEnders
- Trinity High School: she studied at the Catholic school located in Woodford
- Sports: She was good at sports when she was in High school
- Even Better Than The Real Thing: She appeared as a dancer in one of U2's videos
- 100 Greatest EastEnders Characters of All Time: She was ranked at #31 for playing Melanie Owen
- Both her daughters Florence & Marnie were born through Caesarean section
- Bridesmaid: She acted as the bridesmaid at her friend Lucy Alexander's wedding to Stewart Castledine
- She boke her leg back in 2017, she had a foot fracture
- Best all-rounder Trophy: She won the trophy at the London Studio Centre, the trophy was previously won by Elizabeth Hurley
- Most Awkward Moment: She once walked naked in front of the painters when she was fully pregnant. She was unaware of the painters
- Tamzin's father went through prostate cancer and recovered successfully, when he found out he had prostate problems, he immediately called Tamzin.
- Sex symbol: she was seen as a sex symbol in her young, blonde years, her roles on TV changed along with her hair leading to her shedding the title
- Sexiest woman on TV: In 2001, she was voted second sexiest woman on British TV, just behind Nigella
- Sexiest Female Award: For her appearances in EastEnders she won the Sexiest Female in British Soap award consecutively for 1999 and 2000
- Tip for healthy skin: Drink water before going to bed every night, and again every morning
- Tamzin's great grandfather Adelmo Santi was imprisoned during the world war 2 years because he was an Italian, however he was released soon because of hid friendliness towards the country
- Tamzin Outhwaite was rumored to be dating young actor Tom Child in 2018, he is dead ringer for her ex Tom Ellis.
- She is into Yoga.
- She has a pet dog named Pippy
- She supports LGBT
- She has appeared in commercials for:
- Garnier(Belle Color)
- Debenhams(print ad)
- Avon Cosmetics
- Wrigleys Doublemint(TV commercial)
- Her Theatre appearances include:
- Boeing-Boeing: She played Gloria in the revival of classic comedy "Boeing-Boeing" at the Comedy Theatre
- They're Playing Our Song: She appeared in the musical at the Stephen Joseph Theatre
- Flesh Wound: A play by Che Walker at the oyal Court Theatre, Tamzin played Deirda
- Breathing Corpses: Tamxin played Kate in the play by Laura Wade at the Royal Court Theatre
- Absent Friends: A play by Alan Ayckbourn played at Stephen Joseph Theatre
- Viv and Rose: She played Di at the London's Hampstead Theatre
- Breeders: she played Andrea at the St. James' Theatre
- How the Other Half Loves: She played Teresa Phillips in the West End stage production played at the The Theatre Royal Haymarket
- Musicals she has appeared in are:
- Summer Holiday
- Baby On Board
- Sweet Charity
- Radio Times
- Stepping Out
- She has been interviewed, covered in articles and cover pages of magazines and news papers such as:
- Evening Standard Just the Job
- Good Housekeeping
- Radio Times
- Take it Easy
- Tesco Magazine
- The Independent
- The New York Times
- The Sun
- The Sunday Times
- The TV Mag
- TV Times
Tamzin Outhwaite Quotes
- I find it hard to accept myself, and I push hard against my limitations
- It's important to have a time when your confidence is knocked and your ego is checked; suddenly you realize you're not invincible
- I've always been really lucky and spoilt in love, and for a long time I've been wanting to pinch myself because it was too good to be true
- You want your relationship to evolve naturally
- If you can sing, dance and act, you're kind of overqualified. People don't take you as an actress because they see you as a "twirly"
- It's never been about money for me, It's about gaining new experiences.
- I once looked like Fozzie Bear
- You have to be open as an actor, you have to be able to let your demons in and out
- People always want to see you slip. You have to keep reminding yourself that you're doing it for yourself, to learn and grow as actor and a human being. Take it on the chin & move forward
- I'm happy, single and alright
- There is a snobbery about former soap stars. The range of emotions used in a soap has always been underrated
- I know acting is hardly life-saving stuff, but if I can connect with even one person and make a difference, then it makes getting out of bed each morning much more meaningful, doesn't it?
- We are so obsessed with pigeonholing, aren't we? Everyone wants to categorise you, put you in a little box
- No matter what you say, who you say it to, it ends up being distorted
- My career and ambitions have been fulfilled, and I would be quite happy not to work again and look after the children. I don't really have that burning ambition anymore
- Fake tan is the way to go. Even when I've no make up I just put it on, and I find it gives such a healthy glow
- The thing I like the best about myself, rather than what I love about myself, is my eyelashes. My least favourite is my eyebrows, because they grow so quick, and again are quite thick, so I find I have to pluck quite frequently