JoJo Siwa is an American actress, dancer, singer, internet sensation and a youtube star. JoJo is popular for appearing on the TV reality show Dance Moms along with her mother. She has voiced the character Jay in 'The Angry Birds Movie 2', Victoria in Blurt!. She is a superstar on TikTok with approximately close to 20 Million fans.
JoJo was born on 19th May 2003 in Omaha, Nebraska, United States to Jessalynn Siwa(mother)- a dance instructor & Tom Siwa (father). She has an older brother named Jayden Siwa, he is a video blogger.
Image: JoJo Siwa parents, father Tom Siwa and mother Jessalynn Siwa
video: JoJo in Boomerang
JoJo Siwa hair down: JoJo usually ties her hair up, it is so rare that she lets her hair down that a fan asked to pay her million to see her hair down. She has on occassions let her hair down, this video is one of such instances.
JoJo Siwa Interesting Facts & Trivia
- Little Dancer: JoJo started dancing when she was just 2 years old. she danced solo to the song "Mama I'm a Big Girl Now", she was wearing a diaper at the time
- JoJo the dancer: jojo is popular for her appaarances of Dance Moms, she loves all forms of dance. Hip Hop, Jazz & Musical theatre are all her favorite genres, Jazz and Hip-hop bit more favorite than others as they are more fun. 'Rapunzel solo' (Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition), 'Zombie Hip Hop solo' (Dance Moms), 'Donkey Pot Pie' are among her favorite performances of herself
- JoJo and her brother were born on the consecutive dates (2 years 364 days apart). They have 2 consecutive days of birthdays in the Siwa household.
- Dream job: She wishes to become a dancer on Broadway.
- JoJo with the Bow Bow: JoJo's trademark Bow has become so popular among fans that Claire's has been selling the Bow on their stores. It became a fashion in the UK primary schools, the designer bows were costly and schools had to ban wearing it. JoJo has sold over 45 Million hair bows. There were over 7000 varieties of Bows created. She has more than 1000 bows. Her mom makes a lot of Bows herself, JoJo helps her mom tying the ribbon.
- Siwanatorz: Jojo has a large audience through all her social media accounts combined, her fans are called Siwanatorz.
- Jo'Bros: JoJo's boy fans have a new name- Jo'Bros.
- Siwa Singles: Jojo has many singles to her name, popular ones being "Boomerang", '#1U', "Kid in a Candy Store", "Hold The Drama," "High Top Shoes", 'Bop'.
- Boomerang: It was the debut song of Jojo, it was released in May 2016. The song was about handling cyber bullying and winning over bullies. It was directed by Monseé Wood, written by Griffith Frank, Heather Miley, JoJo Siwa, Jordan Richman; produced by Jordan Richman and Heather Miley. The song features her mother Jessalynn well. On youtube the song has crossed 500 Million views and closing towards 1 Billion and has a whopping 3.5+ Million Likes and less than 20% Dislikes. She is super proud of Boomerang and "It is only the beginning" she says.
- Nickelodeon: JoJo has appeared frequently on Nickelodeon. She signed with them for JoJo Merchandise in 2017. She is known for Nickelodeon's Lip Sync Battle Shorties.
- Bows: She likes wearing bows and loves it when fans wear it to her concerts.
- A series of JoJo themed Children's books were released on Abrams Books, all authored by JoJo herself:
- Take the stage (JoJo & Bow Bow #1)
- Candy Kisses (JoJo & Bow Bow #2)
- The posh puppy pageant (JoJo & Bow Bow #3)
- JoJo's guide to the sweet Life
- JoJo Siwa: Things I Love
- JoJo Loves Bow Bow
- JoJo's guide to Making your own fun
- D.R.E.A.M. the Tour: JoJo's live concert tour began in May 2019 and moved to 53 cities spread all across the United States and Canada. She sang "D.R.E.A.M", "Everyday Popstars", "My Story", "Only Getting Better"
- JoJo Siwa Merchandise: JoJo sells Accessories, Apparels, Arts & Crafts, Bows, Cosmetics, Home Goods, Party Supplies on online and offline stores. Her merchandise is available in 6 continents.
- Kids' Choice Awards:
- JoJo was awarded the 'Favorite Social Music Star' in 2019
- Favorite Viral Music Artist: She was adjudged this in 2017
- Favorite Musical YouTube Creator: She won the award in 2018
- Know It All Paul-La: A character created by and played by JoJo on her youtube channel
- Musical video collaborations: JoJo has made videos in collaboration with other content makers like- Addison LaFountain, 'Belles & Whistles', MattyB, Nia Sioux among others.
- Favorite Dancer 17 & Under: JoJo won the award at the 2016 Industry dance awards
- Jake Paul is her favorite youtuber
- Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition: JoJo appeared as one of the finalists of the 2nd season of 'Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition'. She was the youngest ever contestant to participate in the show, she was eliminated in the 9th week
- Breakout Artist of 2018: 'Vivid seats LLC' listed her as the breakout artist of 2018 following the success of her singles
- Nomination as Queen: In 2019 Apple's voice assistant Siri was answering Siwa as the nominated Queen. It was a hoax and was later fixed by Apple Inc.
- Most Heartfelt Moment: She won the 'Most Heartfelt Moment' award at the Reality Television Awards(2016) for her appearance on Dance Moms
- Favorite TV Host: She was nominated as the favorite TV host on Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards in 2019
- Favorite Social Music Star: She won the Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards in the category 'Favorite Social Music Star'
- Bow Bow: JoJo has a pet dog named Bow Bow.
- She considers her mother Jessalynn to be her best friend.
- Previous jobs:
- Dance Extra
- Baby sitter
- JoJo on youtube: JoJo has 2 youtube channels- JoJo Siwa TV & It JoJo siwa.
- Jake Paul and JoJo Siwa dressed up as each other for Holloween.
- Dancers against cancer: She donated $10000 with the help of 'Dancers against cancer' to people in need
- Feud with Justin Bieber: Justin Bieber commented on a post by JoJo Siwa's twitter post of her new car bought by her parents. He commented "Burn It", and later clarified with "Nothing against you Jojo, just your car", she replied "Its ok bro, I'll forgive if you perform at my 16th birthday". It received over 100,000 likes on twitter.
- Musical instruments: She likes playing guitar and piano in her favorite time.
- Softball: she was a good softball player at school, she was a good catcher. She once even broker her pinky while catching.
- Multiple Languages: JoJo speaks a little bit of Korean, Russian and Spanish apart from English.
- Foods that JoJo doesn't like:
- Star fruit
- French Fries
- Foods that JoJo likes:
- Mac and Cheese
- Ramen noodles
- Mrs. Grass
- She hates flip flops
- Track and field: She likes running, she always wanted to be a track and field athlete.
- She raps pretty fast, she is her favorite rapper :)
- Favorite pizza: Cheese Pineapple pizza is her favorite
- Favorite Desert: Snow Cone
- Things that make her cringe: "When people fart and don't admit to it."
- Mathematics is her favorite subject in the school.
- She likes trains over planes
- United Kingdom is her favorite coutnry outside the United States
- JoJo Merchandize: Almost all big fashion outlets have JoJo themed products, Target, Amazon, Walmart, among others.
JoJo Siwa Quotes
- Every dancer works hard, so the more kids that get recognized for their work the better
- I love dance because it is fun.. We have so much fun when we are dancing
- [On tackling pressure to perform on stage] I just tell myself no matter what happens, just make it happen
- [Her advice to other dancers] Keep dancing, be yourself, be confident, have fun and never ever give up
- When you are 13 you wanna be 15..... trust me though when you are 15 you wanna be 13
- [About 2018] One of the things I'm very proud of is that I have worked hard every single day for 365 days straight.
- My ultimate dream would be to have my own Album, make my own video, have my own singles