Louisa Jacobson Gummer
|Date Of Birth||June 12, 1991|
|Age||29 years 0 months 22 days|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Full Name||Louisa Jacobson Gummer|
|Other Name||Louisa Jacobson|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 9 Inches
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US)|
|Figure Measurements|| 24-32-35 |
|Father||Don Gummer (Donald James Gummer; sculptor)|
|Mother||Meryl Streep (Actress)|
|Brother||Henry Wolfe Gummer (actor, songwriter, musician, singer; born 1979)|
|Sisters|| Grace Jane Gummer (born 1986; Actress) |
Mary Willa Gummer (Mamie Gummer; born 1983; Actress)
|Cousins|| Carol Ann Streep (Daughter of Dana Streep) |
Charles Streep (Son of Dana Streep)
Abraham Streep (Son of Harry Streep)
Jonathan Streep (Son of Dana Streep)
Maud Streep (child of Harry Streep)
David Kyle Streep (Son of Dana Streep)
|Uncles|| Dana Streep (Maternal;Actor) |
Harry Streep (Maternal; Actor/ producer)
Steven Gummer (Paternal)
|Grandfathers|| Harry William Streep (Maternal;) |
William Adolph Gummer (Paternal)
|Grandmothers|| Mary Streep (Maternal; Actress) |
Dorothy Ann Jacobson (Paternal)
|Aunt||Maeve Kinkead (Wife of uncle Harry Streep)|
|Relative||Benjamin Walker (Ex-husband of Mamie Gummer)|
|Alma Mater||Yale School of Drama|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Singer||Bob Dylan|
|Favorite Author||Donna Tartt|
|Favorite Song||Buckets of Rain (Bob Dylan)|
|Favorite Restaurant||Test Kitchen (Cape Town, south Africa)|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Instagram Profile||Louisa Jacobson Gummer Instagram Profile|
|Net worth||$1.5 million|
Louisa Gummer is an American actress and a model. She is known for her theater performances such as- "Romeo and Juliet", "Member of the Wedding", "Native Son" and others
Louisa is set to make her TV debut in the HBO Drama series- "The Gilded Age" created by Julian Fellowes as Marian Brook. She will be co-starring alongside- Christine Baranski, Cynthia Nixon, Amanda Peet, Morgan Spector
[ Louisa Jacobson Gummer]
Louisa Gummer was born on 12th June 1991 in Los Angeles, California, United States. She is the 4th child of actress (& philanthropist) Meryl Streep & her husband Don Gummer- a sculptor.
[ Streep-Gummer Family ]
Father- Don Gummer
Louisa's father Don was born on December 12th 1946 in Louisville, Kentucky to William Adolph Gummer & Dorothy Ann Jacobson. He has brother in Jack, Mark, William Richard & Steven.
Don is a sculptor by profession. He has worked on table-top, wall mounted, free-standing sculptures. Don's work "primary separation" is installed at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art. Another work "Southern Circle" is installed in the city of Indianapolis.
[ Louisa Gummer with her Dad Don Gummer ]
Don married actress Meryl Streep on 30th September 1978. They have four children together including Louisa Jacobson.
Mother- Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep, the mother of Louisa is one of the most successful actresses in the history of Hollywood. Meryl was born Mary Louise Streep in 1949 to Mary Wilkinson Streep (an artist) & Harry William Streep, Jr. (pharmaceutical executive). She has two younger brothers in- Harry William Streep III & Dana David Streep, both of them are actors.
Meryl has a record for having most number of Academy Award nominations in a career. She is known for her roles in- The Bridges of Madison County (1995), Out of Africa (1985), Manhattan (1979), Sophie's Choice (1982), Mamma Mia! (2008) among numerous others.
[ Louisa Gummer (childhood) with mom Meryl Streep ]
Meryl and her husband have been contributing freely to philanthropic causes.
Louisa Gummer has three older siblings:
- Henry Wolfe Gummer (brother; born on November 13, 1979)
- Mamie Gummer (Mary Willa Gummer, born August 3, 1983)- an actress
- Grace Jane Gummer (born May 9, 1986)- an actress.
Henry Wolfe: Louisa's brother Henry was born on 13th November 1979. He is 12 years older than sister Louisa. He is a musician & actor based in Los Angeles, California. He is a graduate from Dartmouth college. He co-founded the pop band Bravo Silva in 2004. His discography lists- Asilomar (2015), Encino (2014), Linda Vista (2011) and others. He ha appeared in movies such as- Lying(2006), The Wait(2011)
Mamie Gummer: Mamie was born on 3rd August 1983 in the New York City, New York. She is 8 years older than Louisa. She is known for appearing in the titular role of Emily Owens in the CW series- Emily Owens, M.D. (2012–13). She has also played Nancy Crozier on The Good Wife (2010–15) & The Good Fight (2018)
Mamie is married writer/ producer Mehar Sethi in February 2019. The couple has a son born in February 2019. Thus making Mamie's parents grandparents for the first time, Louisa an aunt for the first time.
Grace Gummer: Grace was born on 9th May 1986 in the New York City. She is 5 years older than Louisa. She is an actress by profession. She is known for her roles in TV Series such as- "The Newsroom", "American Horror Story", "Extant"
[ Gummer sisters- Mammie, Grace, Louisa ]
- School: She studied at the 'Poly Prep Country Day School' (also known as Poly Prep) in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
- High School: at the same 'Poly Prep Country Day School'.
- College: She graduated from Vassar College (a liberal arts college in Poughkeepsie, New York Founded in 1861 by Matthew Vassar) with a major in Psychology, she graduated in the year 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts (psychology) degree.
- British American Drama Academy: She attended the famous 'British American Drama Academy' in Oxford for further training in acting.
- Yale School of Drama: She joined 'Yale School of Drama' after her experience at the 'British American Drama Academy'. she graduated the Drama school with a Masters degree (Master of Fine Arts) in Acting. It is to be noted that her father Don Gummer attended the "Yale Arts school".
Facts & Trivia
- Ancestry: Louisa Gummer is of English(Maternal), German(Maternal, Paternal), Irish(Maternal), Norwegian(Paternal), Swiss(Maternal) descent
- Meryl Streep handed the diploma award to Louisa at the Vassar College during her graduation.
- She often attends Film Award events, filmfare events among other entertainment industry events with her mother & siblings.
- The other Louisa Gummer: There is an award British voice over artist with the same name 'Louisa gummer', she is known for voicing documentaries and commercials.
[Louisa as Tod's Band girl]
Louisa is passionate about fashion and modeling, right after her studies she ventured into modeling.
- IMG Models: she is associated with IMG Models, an international model management firm (based in Los Angeles, London, Milan, New York, Paris & other places).
- She likes driving up Highway 1 from Los Angeles to California.
- Modeling for magazines: She has been modeling for magazines such as Vanity Fair, Glamour, Dior (Christian Dior SE) for photographers like- Walter Chin, David A, Adrian Nina, Mae Richardson, Yuki.
- H & M: She has endorsed the Swedish fashion chain
|2020||The Gilded Age||Marian Brook||Created by Julian Fellowes; Co-starring- Christine Baranski, Cynthia Nixon, Amanda Peet, Morgan Spector|
Louisa has apepared in stage performances of various roles in plays such as- "Romeo and Juliet", "Native Son", "Member of the Wedding"..
|2019||Romeo and Juliet||Juliet||"The Old Globe" production in San Diego|
|2018||Member of the Wedding||
production: Williamstown Theatre Festival
Play by: Carson McCullers
Direction: Gaye Taylor Upchurch
Starring: Tavi Gevinson
|Native Son||Mary Dalton||
Production: Yale Repertory Theatre
Play by: Paul Green & Richard Green
Direction: Seret Scott
- Nothing beats driving on that winding road on the side of the cliffs where pine trees and mountains meet the pacific ocean. It's unreal.