Georgina Campbell is an American TV & Movie actress. She is popular for playing- Ashley in Murdered by My Boyfriend(2014), Amy in Black Mirror(2017), Katie Harford in Broadchurch (2017), Kay in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword(2017), Rochelle in One Night, Amy in Black Mirror, Lucy in Freak.
Georgina Campbell was born on 12th June 1992 in Maidstone, Kent, England. She is of multiracial ancestry. Her father is a Jamaican and mother a British. One of her parents is a police officer and other a teacher.
Georgina Campbell: Facts & Trivia
- British Academy Television Award(2015): She has won the Best actress award at the event for her role as Ashley in Murdered by My Boyfriend(2014). She beat Sheridan Smith for the award.
- Mixed ancestry: Georgina's mother is a White British & her father is a black Jamaican
- She wants to try her hand at acting in the Los Angeles (Hollywood)
- She likes pets and has a strange desire to have a pet rat (to which neither her family nor room mates have agreed). Likes Hamsters as well, calls herself "Hamster Enthusiast" and is a proud owner of one named- Nigel.
- She wants to be apart of a good horror movie.
- She considers her sister her Guru & counsellor [she calls her whenever she is upset about anything].
- Her tips for learning the lines- "Just do it over and over and again, I record myself doing that"
- Auditioning tips: Relax, I have got so many auditions where I was nervous. Just relax and not worry too much, calm down.
- Most challenging character she has played (according to her): Ashely from Murdered by my Boyfriend.
- Best advice she has received: "Stop acting"
- She likes to act in both comedy and drama and wants to excel it.
- She loves watching movies often, she watches movies almost every week.
- Acting: Georgia did not have any acting except for school plays, she was approached by a director named Sarah Walker, Georgia agreed to audition and got the role, which eventually landed her in many more roles.
- 12 Rising stars to keep an eye out for in 2018: Huffington post called her one of the 12 rising stars of 2018
- If she had the chance to act in any past movies she wishes she was in Titanic, any Jean-Luc Goddard film would be fine as well.
- Crookes magazine cover: She has appeared on the cover page of the magazine in December 2017
- She wanted to be an air hostess when she was about 5 years old
- Favourite Quote: And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good. -John Steinbeck
- Her advice to her younger self: Be patient
- She is affiliated to AdVoice, a voice over organization based in London
- She is a STEM4 Ambassador.
- When she was 15 she acted in a MySpace online drama.
- She has an adorable Nephew
- She has had sleep paralysis when she was a kid.
- She wants to learn languages, she attended French language as a kid.
- According to her:
- Meaning of Life: It's about Living, Living with passion
- Difference between Right & Wrong: It is not that simple, there are big rights and wrongs, but there is massive grey area, you have to learn to trust your instincts.
- Her happy place?: Being somewhere new.
- What is important? to be liked or respected: Respected
- Her Greatest Love: Family
- Supernatural?: yes it exists
- Greatest Fear: Getting stuck in small spaces
- Animals or babies?: Animals
- One thing to know before death: If Aliens exist
Georgina Campbell: Quotes
- A police officer called us and told that a young girl had come to report abuse after watching the show [on her show Murdered by My Boyfriend]
- Acting is 100 % too posh
- I talk about Olivia Colman a lot in interviews, I'm worried she's going to think I'm a stalker.
- You could tell! I mumbled, I was always at the bottom of the polls. I didn't even thank my family! Afterwards, my mum was like 'thanks'.
- You want to be good at everything but you’re not necessarily.
- Sometimes people feel scared of feminism because they see the bad side of it, movement needs to be more inclusive.
- And if you like rap music where they're saying the word 'bitch' then you're not a feminist. That’s silly.
- There's lots of strong female leads now. It makes you realise it doesn't matter about gender.
- You don’t want to think you have a chance of winning something, and then get your hopes dashed. [About not preparing a victory speech at the event]
- I wouldn't do it differently (prepare for a speech) even if I win the next time.
- I'm not really into destiny but it's funny that I bumped into a woman who told me about an audition and now I have a BAFTA
- [About winning the award] I think it has had two effects, one is definitely confidence and a feeling of acceptance from the industry.
- I'm a lot more critical of my work now which is a positive as well as negative.
- It is quite fulfilling sometimes to tell a self-contained story in just an hour or so.
- So fed up of this "good" feminist "bad" feminist debate
- I want to be Issa Rae when I grow
- Be a bitch, change the connotations.
- Why are men obsessed with women smiling!! My resting face is not a psychotic grin for good reason
- I have quite an unhealthy attachment to being liked.
- You have got to be proactive in your own life.
- I don't understand how people can be intolerant of people who are different to them, we are making the same mistakes repeatedly.
Georgina Campbell: Filmography
- Krypton(2018): Georgina appeared as Lyta Zod in the Drama created by DC Entertainment, Warner Horizon Television, David S. Goyer, Phantom Four , cast included Ian McElhinney, Cameron Cuffe, Georgina Campbell
- Floor 9.5(2017): Georgina was Amy in the Horror directed by Toby Meakins created by Simon Allen, Fox Digital Studios, Stigma Films , cast includes Georgina Campbell, James Cunningham, Robin Berry
- Canned(2017): She played the character of Georgie in this Comedy directed by Kirsty Robinson-Ward created by Kirsty Robinson-Ward with the cast Georgina Campbell, Paapa Essiedu, Sophia Di Martino
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword(2017): She portrayed Kay in this Adventure movie directed by Guy Ritchie with Astrid Bergès-Frisbey, Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law in the lead cast.
- The Ministry of Stories Anthology of Horror(2017): She acted in the role of Medusa in the Horror movie , it was directed by Mark J. Blackman, Umut Gunduz with actors- Georgina Campbell, Montserrat Lombard, Charlie Higson playing the lead characters.
- Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams(2017): Georgina Campbell portrayed the character of Barbara in the Series starring Juke Hardy, Gumuliauskas Vaclovas, Dominic Capone III in the lead.
- Black Mirror(2017): She played the character of Amy in this Thriller Drama Series created by Channel 4, Zeppotron, Charlie Brooker, Gran Babieka with the cast Michaela Coel, Daniel Lapaine, Hannah John-Kamen
- Flowers(2016): She acted in the role of Abigail in the Comedy Drama TV Series , the series was created by Kudos Film and Television, Will Sharpe starring Will Sharpe, Julian Barratt, Olivia Colman in the lead.
- Broadchurch(2017): Georgina appeared as Katie Harford in the Mystery Drama TV Series with the cast David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Jodie Whittaker
- Five by Five(2017): She portrayed the character- Chloe in the Drama directed by created by with the cast Ben Tavassoli, Ruth Madeley, Sope Dirisu
- Retribution(2016): She portrayed the role of Anna in this Mystery Thriller Drama directed by created by BBC Scotland, Netflix Studios , it stars Georgina Campbell, Adrian Edmondson, Kate Bracken in the cast.
- Tripped(2015): She played the character of Kate in the Comedy created by Jamie Mathieson, Mammoth Screen with the cast Richard Gadd, Georgina Campbell, Jamie Demetriou
- After Hours(2015): Georgina Campbell was Jasmine in this Comedy Series starring James Tarpey, Jaime Winstone, Susan Cookson in the main roles.
- Brotherhood(2015): She portrayed the role of Katherine in the TV Series created by Big Talk Productions , cast includes Scott Folan, Ben Ashenden, Johnny Flynn
- The Ark(2015): Georgina appeared as Aris in the Drama by Kenneth Glenaan featuring Joanne Whalley, David Threlfall, Ashley Walters in the cast.
- Murdered by My Boyfriend(2014): She portrayed Ashley in the Drama directed by Paul Andrew Williams starring Georgina Campbell, Royce Pierreson, Cassie Bancroft in the lead.
- The Dumping Ground(2014): She played the character- Jen in the Family TV Series featuring Connor Byrne, Kia Pegg, Sarah Rayson in the cast.
- Ice Cream Girls(2013): She portrayed the role of Young Serena in the Drama created by Left Bank Pictures , it has Lorraine Burroughs, Holli Dempsey, Jodhi May in the lead cast.
- Death in Paradise(2013): She played the role- Therese in the Mystery Drama Series , it has Danny John-Jules, Don Warrington, Elizabeth Bourgine in the lead cast.
- One Night(2012): Georgina played Rochelle in the mini series created by British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) with actors- Billy Matthews, Don Gilet, Ben Hull playing main roles.
- Doctors(2012): She acted as Abby Hellier in this Drama Series created by British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) featuring Diane Keen, Jan Pearson, Adrian Lewis Morgan in the cast.
- Holby City(2012): She portrayed the character- Gabby Greendale in the Drama Series with Rosie Marcel, Hugh Quarshie, Tina Hobley in the lead.
- Sadie J(2011): She portrayed Whitney in the Comedy Series created by Robert Evans with actors- Mel Giedroyc, Georgia Lock, Bobby Fuller playing main roles.
- Casualty(2010): She played the role of Amy in the Drama Series created by Jeremy Brock, Paul Unwin with Ian Bleasdale, Suzanne Packer, Derek Thompson in the lead cast.
- The Cut(2010): She portrayed the character- Kelly in this Drama , cast includes Dermot Martin, Matt Kane, Lara Goodison
- Freak(2009): She acted as Lucy in the Drama TV Series with the cast Daniel Ormerod, Sean Bourke, Georgina Campbell
Georgina Campbell: Photos, Pictures
Georgina Campbell childhood
Georgina Campbell with her father
Georgina Campbell with her Mother & Nephew
Georgina Campbell with her elder sister
Georgina Campbell with sister- childhood