|Date Of Birth||December 3, 1980|
|Age||41 years 9 months 28 days|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Place Of Birth||Hartford, Connecticut, United States|
|Professions||Actress , Model , Dancer|
|Birth Name||Jenna Lee Dewan|
|Nickname||Little Monkey (childhood)|
|Full Name||Jenna Dewan Tatum|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Ethnicities||Caucasian , Multiracial|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 2 Inches
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Darryll Dewan (Footballer)|
|Mother||Nancy Smith (maiden name Nancy Bursch)|
|Daughter||Everly Elizabeth Maiselle Tatum (Born on 31st May 2013)|
|Brothers|| Dayne Dewan |
|Grandfather||Emil Dewan (Paternal; Lebanese immigrant)|
|Grandmother||Evelyn Ziemba (paternal; polish immigrant))|
|Father In-Law||Glenn Tatum, (construction worker; Father of Channing Tatum)|
|Mother In-Law||Kay Tatum (an airline worker; Mother of Channing Tatum)|
|Sister In-Law||Paige Tatum|
|Stepfather||Claude Brooks Smith|
|Education (High School)||Grapevine High School, Grapevine, Texas|
|Education(School)||Notre Dame Preparatory School, Towson, Maryland|
|Alma Mater||University of Southern California (Dropped Out)|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Husband||Channing Tatum (married in 2009)|
|Boyfriends|| Shane West (Ex;2003-2005) |
Justin Timberlake (Ex; 2002; he dated her after his breakup with Britney Spears)
|Debut (Movies)|| Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal (TV movie) |
The Hot Chick(2002)
Step Up(2006) (as lead actress)
|Debut (TV)||Quintuplets(2004) (TV series)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Actresses|| Rachel mcadams (to work with) |
Amy adams (to work with)
Meryl Streep (to work with)
|Favorite Foods|| Pizza |
Guacamole (for partying)
Chips (for partying)
|Favorite Movies||28 Days Later (among horror films) |
The Exorcist (among horror films)
Step Up(2006) (of hers.)
|Favorite Destinations|| India |
|Favorite Songs|| Walkin on the moon |
By the dream
|Favorite Book||A thousand splendid suns|
|Favorite TV shows|| True Blood |
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
Dancing with the Stars (Dance show)
|Childhood Heroes|| Michael Jackson |
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Facebook Profile||Jenna Dewan Facebook Profile|
|Twitter Profile||Jenna Dewan Twitter Profile|
|Official Website||Jenna Dewan Official Website|
|Instagram Profile||Jenna Dewan Instagram Profile|
|Celebrity Crush|| Johnny depp |
Jenna Dewan is an American dancer & TV/ Movie actress. She is popular for portrayal of roles like Lucy Lane(soldier/ Military personnel) in Supergirl TV series, Freya Beauchamp (witch) in Witches of East End(2013-2014), Nora Clark(dancer) in Step Up(2006).
Jenna Dewan was born on 3rd December 1980 in Hartford, Connecticut to Nancy Smith(Mother) & Darryll Dewan(Father)- a footballer for Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
Image: Jenna Dewan childhood photo
Jenna Dewan & Channing Tatum Marriage: Jenna Dewan & Channing Tatum acted in the lead roles of the dance drama Step Up(2006). They soon started dating and got engaged in September 2008 at Maui; They got married on 11th July 2009 at Church Estates Vineyards(Malibu, California) after the 11 month engagement, she wore Reem Acra gown while donned Giorgio Armani. Emmanuelle Chriqui was the maid of honor. The couple danced to 'Make You Feel My Love' by Adele.
The couple has a daughter named Everly Elizabeth Maiselle Tatum born in 2013.
Image: Jenna Dewan family photo: Channing Tatum(husband), Everly Elizabeth Maiselle Tatum(daughter)
She was a cheerleader at school, who later became a dancer. Coincidentally he too was very athletic and was very much into sports (baseball, football, martial arts, soccer). They are believed to have danced on their way to the aisle on the wedding day.
Some of the popular movies she has had prominent roles are: Take the Lead, Step Up, The Grudge 2, Love Lies Bleeding, Falling Awake, The Six Wives of Henry Lefay, American Virgin, Balls to the Wall, 10 Years, Setup, Slightly Single in L.A.
She has had recurring roles in: The Playboy Club(2011), American Horror Story(2012-13), Witches of East End(2013-14), Supergirl(2015-).
Jenna Dewan Interesting Facts
- Background Dancer: Jenna started her career as a background dancer for stars/ groups like- Christina Aguilera, Janet Jackson(video: Doesn't Really Matter), Missy Elliott, Pink, Celine Dion, Mandy Moore, Ricky Martin among others.
- Ancestry: She is of English(Maternal; 25%), German(Maternal; 25%), Polish(Paternal; 25%), Syrian Lebanese(Paternal; 25%) descent.
- Dancing: She got interested in dancing at the age of 5, she learned ballet & modern dance as a kid, later moved to hip hop as it was more in demand in her youth
- Because of her parents' divorce she moved between cities as a child. Hartford, Raleigh, North Carolina, Grapevine are among the places she lived.
- Cheerleader: She was a cheerleader when she was in the University of Southern California.
- Prom Queen: she was selected as the High school Prom queen when she was in her senior year.
- She was a member of the women Fraternity Pi Beta Phi (ΠΒΦ).
- She was very friendly with her fellow students in school, she was very much liked by her peers.
- Modeling for Iconix: She modeled for the dancewear manufacturers Iconix Brand Group photoshoot.
- 33andOut Productions: She is the co-founder of 33andOut Productions along with Adam Martingano, Brett Rodriguez, Channing Tatum, Reid Carolin.
- Vegetarian: Jenna is a vegetarian (vegan). She is raising her daughter Everly Tatum as a vegetarian as well, It appears that Channing Tatum is the only non-vegetarian in the house.
- Jenna is also an animal rights activist, she works in association with PETA.
- She loves animals and has pet dogs(Japanese spitz, bulldog) named- Meeka & LuLu Bella. She has owned dogs from her childhood days.
- Sexiest Vegan: She was declared by PETA as the Sexiest Vegan of 2017
- So You Think You Can Dance(2014): She was a guest judge at the show for 3 episodes. She also hosts World of Dance(2017), a dance related reality competition show.
- Teen Choice Awards: she won an award for her dancing scenes in the movie Step Up(2006)
- Peabody Awards: The documentary Earth Made of Glass(2012) she produced won the award in 2012.
- Breast cancer awareness campaign: She has appeared in public awareness events alongside other Hollywood stars like Julia Ormond, Mädchen Amick, Rachel Boston.
- Technology: She is not very tech-savvy, she can do plenty of internet stuff herself though.
- She believes in Ghosts. She takes crystals wherever she goes,
- She has girl-crush on Reese Witherspoon.
- She calls herself- "closeted pop star".
- Secret of her Fitness: Running, hiking, pilates, dancing.
- She wishes to do more Dance related movies.
- She wants to do humanitarian works, wants to open a charity foundation of her own.
- She believes in God, she is a spiritual person, than religious. She is into meditation, watches Oprah's spiritual shows.
- As a kid she wanted to be a Veterinary physician.
- She likes Jazz & Hip hop dance forms more than other forms.
- First thing she liked about her husband Channing: His Big heart.
- She likes Shu Uemura brand of Eyelashes & foundations.
- Her grandmother Evelyn is a performer too: Evelyn played Piano and liked to dance, she along with her husband Emil would perform at their Club 'Dewan Supper Club'.
- Her grandfather Emil died Just before Jenna was born. They never met.
- What she feels about nudity: I won't do nudity ever, unless it's a great role.
- Little Monkey: She was called Little monkey in childhood because she liked climbing things
- She had auburn hair in childhood. She has died her hair, but never blonde.
- As a kid she was interested in Ice Skating as well, but chose dancing.
- She is a voracious reader, she is known to finish a complete novel within a day or two.
- She likes riding bike at her family house in Nantucket Island, where her family has had the house for many generations.
- She feels Ladybugs are good luck for her.
- She is artistic, she makes vision boards.
- She needs a mask to sleep.
- She usually walks on her tiptoes, she attributes it to her dancing.
- Jenna owns a farm where she takes care of the animals she rescues.
- Jenna designs bracelets for Energy muse jewelry.
- Baby2Baby: she worked with the charity to help raise the awareness about Diaper need for babies and help 1/3 of the American families that cannot afford the diapers.
- She is a Democratic Party supporter.