Petra Hammesfahr [Deleted]
|Date Of Birth||May 10, 1951|
|Age||69 years 3 months 2 days|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Place Of Birth||Titz, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Professions||novelist , Writer , Screenwriter|
|Residence||Kerpen, Cologne, Germany|
|Languages||German , English|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 5 Inches
|Genres|| Crime |
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Books||The Witch of Cologne (by Wolfgang Lohmeier) |
The Last Day of Creation (by Wolfgang Jeschke)
The Gray Souls (by Philippe Claudel)
The Girl on the Swing (by Richard Adams)
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Facebook Profile||Petra Hammesfahr [Deleted] Facebook Profile|
Petra Hammesfahr is a German writer popular for her crime Novel writing, she writes stories as well as TV screenplay. The Sinner a TV series aired in the USA (starring Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman, Christopher Abbott, Dohn Norwood) is based on the novel of same name written by Petra in German. The Lie is another popular Novel by Petra.
The Sinner: Petra's The Sinner was translated to English from German by John Brownjohn, it was published by Bitter Lemon Press in 2007. The Sinner has become an international best seller, with praises from almost all News outlets & Magazines.
Petra Hammesfahr- Interesting Facts & Trivia
- Petra Hammesfahr left school at the young of 13.
- She was trained as a retail Merchant.
- First Marriage: She became pregnant with an alcoholic husband at the age of 17. The marriage ended with a divorce.
- Second Marriage: Petra married for the second time and has three children from her marriage.
- Her scripts were rejected by 150+ publishers, she had to wait for many years with finished scripts to publish her Novels.
- She started her writing at the age of 17.
- Her hard adulthood has an impact on the nature of her characters.
- Petra Hammesfahr's first book was published in 1991. When she was in her 40.
- Petra has written more than twenty novels, mostly crime based.
- Petra has won the Crime Prize of Wiesbaden.
- She has also won Rhineland Literary Prize.
- Petra Hammesfahr is called Patricia Highsmith of Germany.
- 2000: Women 's Circle Prize of the Landeshauptstadt Wiesbaden for Die Mutter.
- 2001: Cultural Prize of the Erftkreis
- 2002: Burgdorfer Krimipreis Award, Switzerland for Meineid(2001)
- 2003: Nominated for the German Book Prize, for The last victim(2002)
- Petra has worked on TV Series like "The Lie", "The Doll's digger", The mother", "The clever", "Hot and Cold", "Postmortem", "post for mike" among others.
- Her novels have been translated to many European languages including Russian, Swedish, Finnish, English, Polish.
- She works 12 hours a day on her scripts.
- She usually publishes her novels through Rowohlt-Verlag, who she considers as family and as her support during tough years.
- As per her own saying, it takes her two years to finish a novel with 400 pages. Though she takes 2 years, she believes the idea is usually a fruition of imagination of 5,6 years.
- Some of the Novels written by Petra Hammesfahr are:
- The woman who liked the men(1991)
- With the eyes of a child(1991)
- Whoever lives twice is not immortal(1991)
- Marens Lover(1991)
- The secret of the doll(1991)
- The angel with the black wings(1992)
- Sibling Band(1992)
- At the end of the summer(1992)
- Bruno's great love(1993)
- The silent Mr. Genardy(1993)
- Merkel's daughter(1993)
- Burned dreams(1994)
- The glassy sky(1995)
- Hot and cold(1997)
- Die Mutter(1999)
- The doll's grave(1999)
- Lukkas' inheritance(2000)
- The mother(2000)
- The boss(2001)
- Roberts's sister(2002)
- The last victim(2002)
- Bela's sins(2003)
- Sweet summer(2004)
- The girlfriend(2004)
- His great love(2005)
- The Shadow(2005)
- In the beginning they are still children(2006)
- The Sinner(2007)
- Memory of a murderer(2008)
- An almost perfect plan(2009)
- The Lie(2010)
- The women's hunter(2011)
- The guiltless(2012)
- One day in November(2014)
- Foreign life(2016)
Petra Hammesfahr Quotes:
- This is my life. I particularly love the challenge. When a novel is finished, I have to start with the next one at zero.
- It is very important for me to write as realistically as possible.
- I work 12 hours a day, Many consider me disciplined, I call it obsession, perhaps it is also an addiction.
- Her personal favorite of her works: "Always the one I'm working on"