|Date Of Birth||June 29, 1994|
|Age||26 years 0 months 6 days|
|Day of Birth||Wednesday|
|Place Of Birth||Charlottesville, Virginia, United States|
|Professions||Singer , Actress|
|Full Name||Camila Carraro Mendes|
|Languages||Portuguese , English|
|Nationalities||American , Brazilian|
|Famous For||Role of Veronica Lodge (Riverdale)|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 2 Inches
|Education (Graduation)||Tisch School of the Arts(2016), New York University|
|Education (High School)||American Heritage School, Plantation, Florida|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Boyfriends|| Ian Wallace (Ex) |
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Characters|| Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) |
Summer Roberts (The O.C.)
|Favorite Cities|| Miami |
|Favorite TV Series|| The O.C. |
|Favorite Music Genre||Bossa Nova|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Camila Mendes Twitter Profile|
|Instagram Profile||Camila Mendes Instagram Profile|
Camila Mendes is an American actress, singer of Brazilian descent. Camila Mendes is popular for her role as Veronica Lodge on the TV series Riverdale. She has won the Teen Choice Award for her performance in Riverdale.
Some of her well-known performances are as Shelby Pace in The Perfect Date (2019), Katie in Dangerous Lies(2020), Morgan Cruise in The New Romantic (2018)
Her recent appearances include Tala in Palm Springs(2020), Ester in Coyote Lake(2019).
[Camila Mendes hot]
Childhood - Family
Camila Carraro Mendes was born on June 29, 1994, in Charlottesville, Virginia, the USA to Brazilian immigrants Victor Mendes and Gisele Carraro. She grew up in many places all over the United States (about 16 places including Virginia, Atlanta, Miami) but mostly Florida. She is known as Cami among friends and family.
Mother- Gisele Carraro
Her mother Gisele Maia Mendes is originally from Porto Alegre, the Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. She speaks only Portuguese.
Gisele was born on 10th February 1965. Gisele and Victor separated when Camila was eight years old. She has previously worked as a flight attendant. She used to move a lot for work when Camila was young, Camila was forced to change her friends every now and then.
Gisele now lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
[Camila Mendes and mother Gisele Carraro in a Pottery Barn commercial; © instagram/camimendes]
[Camila Mendes's mother Gisele Mendes
Father- Victor Mendes
Her dad Helio Victor Mendes is from Brasília (federal capital of Brazil), he speaks both Portuguese and English. After Victor and Gisele divorced, Camila lived with her mother, however that hasn't affected their closeness, she considers herself the mini version of her father.
Vicor was born on 22nd September 1963, in Brazil. He has worked with Dm Family LLC as the manager. He lives in Miami, Florida with his girlfriend.
[Camila Mendes with her Dad in childhood]
Sister- Viviane Mendes
Camila has an older sister named Viviane Mendes. Viviane was born on 20th March 1990
While growing up, Viviane and Camila would perform in plays in front of their parents, the plays would-be comedies and often inspired by 'The Amanda Show'. Viviane would be the writer in those plays.
She lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
[Camila Mendes childhood photo: with her sister]
- School: She attended Plantation Prep School.
- High School: Camila attended the 'American Heritage School', a private nonsectarian, co-educational school from pre-K 3 through grade 12 located in Plantation, Florida.
- New York University: Camila attended the 'Tisch School of the Arts' (New York University) in 2016. Her Riverdale co-star Cole Sprouse also attended the same school at the same time, but they had not known each other until they met on the show. She graduated in May 2016.
Camila Mendes & Charles Melton
Camila dated Riverdale co-star Charles Melton from August 2018 to December 2019, they had confirmed the relationship officially in October 2018. On 23rd August 2019, Camila posted a picture of the two kissing on social media, with the text "365 days. I love you" below the picture. Charles had a (fake) tattoo "CAMI" on his left chest.
The news of their separation came into the open in December 2019, the two had apparently secretly separated months ago. The two are said to have taken a break from the relationship for the time being, and focusing on the work at hand at the moment.
[Camila Mendes with Ex-boyfriend Charles Melton]
Trivia & Interesting Facts
- Ancestry: She is of Brazilian ancestry. She speaks fluent Portuguese (along with American English). She speaks to her parents in Portuguese so that she can practice the language. She keeps in touch with her extended family through WhatsApp group chats. "sense of community and family is the heart of Brazilian culture" says Camila.
- Living in Brazil: Camila moved back to Brazil at the age of ten and spent a year there. It was apparently the time her parents divorced.
- Acting in school: Camila acted in plays and Dramas while in school. Her interest in acting had begun very early. She started acting at the age of 8.
- Dance lessons: She has taken lessons in dancing from the age of four.
- IKEA: Camila's professional acting career started with an appearance in the IKEA commercial.
- Pottery Barn: Camila and her mother appeared in a Pottery barn advertisement
- Talent agents: Camila was previously represented by Carson Kolker Organization & currently by Creative Artists Agency LLC. She can be contacted through them.
- Loves experimenting with cuisines: On her tour in Mexico, she is believed to have tasted dishes made of ants, crickets, & grasshoppers.
- Address: She can be reached at "Camila Mendes, c/o Lena Roklin, Luber Roklin Management, 5815 W Sunset Blvd, Suite 208, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6481, USA"
- Doesn't like stereotyping: She doesn't like to be stereotyped, she wants to try out varying roles, she hates that Latina women characters are sexualized more in the entertainment industry, she wishes that Latina women are shown in a variety of roles so that it is reflective of the real-life.
- Social Media star: Camila is very popular on Instagram with more than 23.5 million fans. She has about 2.3 million twitter followers.
- Camila likes partying: her pics of shirtless pizza partying with her Riverdale co-stars went viral on the internet.
- She runs a fashion-related Tumblr site which she prefers to keep private.
- Stress Therapy: She sees a therapist occasionally to keep herself free from the stress. She is vocal about mental health issues.
- She often participates in Comic Cons.
- Bulimia: She has struggled with Bulimia nervosa in the past, a binge eating disorder followed by purging.
- Hair Troubles: We all love her dark, shoulder-long, adorable hair, but apparently it takes a lot of effort to keep her hair neat and lovely. "It doesn't really cooperate the way I want it to," says Camila, growing up in the humid weather of Miami was a hard task. She likes sporting different hairstyles for different roles, she thinks hairstyles are an important aspect of how people perceive a person.
- Tailoring her own clothes: Being a woman of keen eyes for dressing sense and especially of petite body-type, she has learned over time to alter her clothes to embellish her physical structure.
- Tattoo: She has a tattoo on her right ribs, it reads "To build a home"
[Camila Mendes's Tattoo]
Questions & Answers
- What is a perfect day according to Camila?
- Spending a day in the pool with friends
- Who is Camila's favorite actress?
- Nicole Kidman. "I've always looked up to Nicole Kidman. I think she's an elegant and talented actress," said Camila, while speaking of her favorite actress.
- What is her favorite genre of music?
- Bossa Nova, she thinks it is the most beautiful genre of music in the whole world.
- Which are her favorite Movie/ Series characters?
- She liked Summer Roberts (The O.C.) and Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) very much while growing up and looked up to those characters.
- Who are Camila's idols growing up?
- Rachel Bilson, Nicole Richie, Vanessa Hudgens
- What makes her unique?
- She was born with a chunk of white hair [From her High school year book]
George Floyd protests: She supported the Black Lives Matter protests after the brutal killing of George Floyd by the police officer(s), she urged her fans to organize, so that their voices can be heard.
Justice for Breonna Taylor: She posted on Twitter demanding that the cops responsible for death of Breonna Taylor be fired from their jobs and charged with murder.
- TV Debut: At the age of 22 Camila auditioned for the role of Veronica Lodge in Riverdale and was selected, thus beginning her career on TV.
- Failed Audition: She auditioned for the role of Jennifer Lopez's daughter in Shades of Blue, the role eventually went to Sarah Jeffery.
"Give a Little": Camila has appeared in the 2018 music video of singer Maggie Rogers, they have been friends since NYU days.
"Side Effects": In 2018, she appeared as 'Riley' in the music video by 'The Chainsmokers', it also featured Emily Warren.
Riverdale was Camila's first acting gig, she had to dye her hair dark for her as Veronica Lodge on the show, Camila's natural hair is brown already, she had to make it bit darker for the role.
Camila attended the auditions and bagged the role when she was still studying at New York University's Tisch School of Arts.
She plays the vivacious sophomore girl Veronica Lodge in the Series.
She has performed singing in various episodes of the TV series Riverdale. Some of the songs she has performed are:
|2020||Wicked Little Town||Riverdale||Episode: Chapter Seventy-Four: Wicked Little Town|
|Random Number Generation|
|Wig in a Box|
|The Origin of Love|
|Cherry Bomb||Episode: Chapter Sixty-Seven: Varsity Blues|
|2019||Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting||Episode: Chapter Sixty-Six: Tangerine|
|All That Jazz||Episode: Chapter Fifty-Nine: Fast Times at Riverdale High|
|Daddy Lessons||Episode: Chapter Fifty-Six: The Dark Secret of Harvest House|
|Beautiful||Episode: Chapter Fifty-One: Big Fun|
|Call Your Girlfriend||Episode: Chapter Fifty: American Dreams|
|Eres Tú||Episode: Chapter Forty-Five: The Stranger|
|Maybe This Time||Episode: Chapter Forty-Four: No Exit|
|2018||Dream Warriors||Episode: Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Midnight Club|
|Jailhouse Rock||Episode: Chapter Thirty-Seven: Fortune and Men's Eyes|
|In||Episode: Chapter Thirty-One: A Night to Remember|
|Do Me A Favor|
|The World According to Chris|
|The World According to Chris (Reprise)|
|A Night We'll Never Forget|
|Sufferin' 'Til Suffrage||Episode: Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors|
|Bitter Sweet Symphony||Episode: Chapter Twenty-Five: The Wicked and the Divine|
|Union of the Snake||Episode: Chapter Twenty-Four: The Wrestler|
|2017||Mad World||Episode: Chapter Twenty-One: House of the Devil|
|Out Tonight||Episode: Chapter Eighteen: When a Stranger Calls|
|These Are the Moments I Remember||Episode: Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter|
|Kids in America||Episode: Chapter Eleven: To Riverdale and Back Again|
|I Feel Love||Episode: Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!|
|2019||The Perfect Date||Shelby Pace|
|2018||The New Romantic||
TV/ Web Series
|2020||Celebrity Substitute||(herself)||web series|
|2020||Dear Class of 2020||(herself)||web TV special|
|2017-2021||Riverdale||Veronica Lodge||77 episodes; Lead role|
|2020||The Simpsons||Tessa Rose (voice)||Episode: The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds|
|2020||Day by Day||Grace||Episode: Fallin' Rain|
Short movies/ videos
|2019||Secret: All Strength No Sweat|
|2018||The Chainsmokers Feat. Emily Warren: Side Effects||Riley|
|2018||Maggie Rogers: Give A Little||Dancer|
|2018||Your Brain on Jingle Jangle||Veronica|
- She won the Teen Choice Awards(2017) for her role in Riverdale.
|2019||Nomination||MTV Movie + TV Awards||Riverdale||Best Kiss||Shared with Charles Melton|
|People's Choice Awards||Favorite Female TV Star|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Drama|
|2018||MTV Movie + TV Award||Best Kiss||Shared with K.J. Apa|
|People's Choice Awards||Favorite Female TV Star|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Drama|
|Choice TV Ship||Shared with K.J. Apa|
|2017||WON||Choice: Scene Stealer|
- I never had a backup plan, I don’t think I’m good at anything else other than Acting, it has to be acting.
- As a child, you get so tired of saying bye to everyone and letting go of things. You start being scared of forming attachments because you’re scared you’ll have to leave soon.
- Be specific when you set your goals. Visualize the career that you want for yourself
- At an early age, somehow we're programmed to view other females as threats, It's important to show them that our differences in appearance and personality should be celebrated, not criticized.
- Everyone's bodies are different, and we all have different shapes, but it has nothing to do with who you are.
It took living alone for me to really get to know myself.
- Invest in a trainer. You see the progress so quickly, and you push yourself in new ways.
- A good listener goes a long way.
- I was really obsessed with dieting.
- At an early age, somehow we're programmed to view other females as threats.
- In any job you do, you're going to have off days.
- [wisdom from her old journal] sometimes it takes somebody rejecting you to realize they actually kind of suck
About High school Life
- In high school, I always had boyfriends - it wasn't healthy! I was so used to having someone around that when I was finally on my own, it felt scary.
- If you're going to become a better person, do it in high school.
- Bullies have a soft spot and mean girls have a reason to be that way. It's a matter of understanding why a person is a way they are.
On being a Latina
- I often hear things like, 'You don't look Latina enough,' and that mentality is so backward. The fact is, I am Latina, so how are you going to tell me that I don't look Latina?
- It is the sexualization of Latina women that I don’t want to see. It’s like I want to see more "Where’s the nerdy Latina?"
- I'm not as Latina as sometimes these castings demand you to be.
On being a Brazilian American
- [About being a Brazilian American] When I go to Brazil, I feel like an American, and in the U.S., I always notice the traits that make me Brazilian.
- [About being a Brazilian American] I'm not more Brazilian than I am American or vice-versa - I'm very much a combination of all of those things.
News and Updates
[Camila Mendes on the cover page of Teen Vogue]
- May 2019: She appeared on the cover page of fashion magazine Teen Vogue. The print edition also contained her biography, the cover picture was shot by Wai Lin Tse.
- February 2020: She appeared on the cover page of "Ocean Drive" magazine in February of 2020.
- October 2018: Appeared on the cover of SHAPE magazine for the 10/16 edition. Peggy Sirota was the photographer
- November 2017: Appeared on the cover page of Men's Health magazine in shorts and a sleeveless top, sitting on a bike.
- September 2017: Appeared on the cover page of 'Entertainment' magazine along with her Riverdale co-stars