|Date Of Birth||July 31, 1990|
|Age||31 years 2 months 18 days|
|Day of Birth||Tuesday|
|Place Of Birth||Loma Linda, California, United States|
|Professions||Dancer , Actress , Singer|
|Birth Name||Ruby Wylder Rivera Modine|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Languages||Spanish , English|
|Body Features & Measurements|
5 Feet 10 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Body Type|| Banana |
|Father||Matthew Modine (Actor)|
|Brother||Boman Modine (Assistant director)|
|Grandfathers|| Mark Alexander Modine (Paternal, drive-in movie theater operator) |
Manuel Rivera (Maternal)
|Grandmothers|| Dolores Lillian Warner (Paternal, Book keeper) |
Aida Rivera (Maternal)
|Godfather||David Alan Grier|
|Great Aunt||Nola Fairbanks (paternal, actress)|
|Love, Romance, Marriage|
|Boyfriend||Cameron Monaghan (Ex)|
|Salary||$25,000 (per episode)|
|Favorites, Hobbies, Likes/ Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Matthew Modine (her Father)|
|Favorite Actresses|| Emma Stone |
|Favorite Movie||Happy Death Day|
|Favorite Singer||Ed Sheeran|
|Favorite Book||Frida Kahlo (biography of Frida Kahlo)|
|Favorite Music Bands||Grieves |
Rage Against the Machine
|Favorite Artist||Amy Winehouse|
|Skills|| Tap Dancing |
|Favorite Movie genre||Comedy|
|Social Networks, Web links|
|Twitter Profile||Ruby Modine Twitter Profile|
|Official Website||Ruby Modine Official Website|
|Instagram Profile||Ruby Modine Instagram Profile|
|YouTube Channel||Ruby Modine YouTube Channel|
|Managers|| Diandra Younesi |
|Talent Agents|| Nick Collins |
Sovereign Talent Group
|Publicists|| Monique Gonzalez |
|Fan Mail||Ruby Modine, 10990 Wilshire Blvd. 8th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90024|
|Friends|| Benjamin Laub (Musician) |
|Inspirations|| Barack Obama |
|Net worth||$2.5 Million|
Ruby Modine is an American actress, dancer and singer. Ruby is mostly known for playing roles such as- Sierra in "Shameless", Lori Spengler in "Happy Death Day", Nina in Memoria(2015), Julie in Super Sex(2016), Sessa in Central Park(2017), Julie in Stars in Shorts: No Ordinary Love(2016), Eden LeCroix in "Gypsi".
Ruby Modine was born on 31st July 1990 in Loma Linda, California, United States to actor Matthew Modine(father) & Caridad Rivera(mother)- a makeup/ wardrobe stylist. She was raised in the New York city along with her brother Boman Modine, who works as assistant director in movies.
Facts & Trivia
- Very Tall: She stands tall with the height of 178cms (5 feet 10 inches)
- She defines herself as- Awkward, Silly, Strong, Wild but Disciplined.
- She wants to play a vampire character in a hardcore vampire movie Interview with the Vampire(1994)
- She dislikes Trump and doesn't hide it.
- She dislikes Texting, but likes calls.
- Ancestry: She is of Dutch, German, Scottish and Swedish from her father's side. Her mom is of Puerto Rican, Spanish and part African descent.
- She lives in a really big mansion.
- She was shot by Joshua Shultz for Bellus Magazine
- Cameron Monaghan: Ruby and actor Cameron Monaghan dated for some time back in 2016. He was 22 at the time and she 25, they eventually went different ways.
- She has six aunts from her mother's side. Her father Matthew has 6 siblings.
- Dancing: She was a ballerina when she was young, she is trained in tap dancing and hip-hip as well. She has been taking Tango, Salsa classes.
- Prostitute: Ruby plays a prostitute in "Super Sex", those who have watched her in the role say they "believed it". The story has a funny theme, a brother and sister try to hire a young prostitute as a present to their old father.
- Super Six: Her father wrote the script for "super Sex" based on a story he had heard of, Matthew gave the script to his daughter Ruby after he finished writing it. Ruby was so excited about the script that she wanted to play the prostitute, it was strange at first that a father would direct a movie where his daughter plays the prostitute. Ruby made a research at the time and found out that prostitute characters always won critical reviews, including numerous academy awards.
- Music: Ruby went to a musical school in New York, she is also good in playing piano.
- Original "IT" is the first horror movie she ever saw, she was in 5th grade at the time.
- Sex scenes: Ruby has few nude and sex scenes in the series "Shameless" , her costar Emmy Rossum offered her advice and confidence which Ruby gratefully appreciates.
- Ruby has sung many songs, both new and old, she has uploaded these songs on her youtube channel, some of the songs she has sung are:
- As Tears Go By ( The Rolling Stones Cover )
- Coherently Hazy feat. Ruby Modine - Its Over ( Roy Orbison)
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Imagination ( The Fleetwoods Cover )
- Its Over (Cover)
- Love Me (Ada Jones Cover)
- Pitter Patter Flutter Love
- Plastic Jesus (Paul Newman Cover)
- Red Sunset
- Smile ( Nat King Cole Cover)
- Throne O' Bones
- Trigger Finger
- Her father Matthew said of Ruby "If she wasn't my daughter, she could have been one of my best friends, she is so nice."
- She supported the movement which opposed the law by the Trump Government that separated families.
- Krav Maga demonstration: She made an educational video with AJ Draven on protecting oneself from domestic violence and assault of any kind
- She supported Women's March held in 2018
- She has a pitbull named 'Bruce' for a pet
- Ruby will be reprising her role in "Happy Death Day 2"
- She has some facial resemblance to actress Uma Thurman.
- Debut: She made her debut in acting through the short movie Somebody(2012)
- Breakthrough: A Visit from the Goon Squad, an HBO pilot.
- Voiceover: She has lent her voice to a character in the movie Mia and the Migoo(2008).
- Short movies: She acted in lot of short movies in the beginning of her career, some of the short movies she has been part of are: After School(2016), Super Sex(2016), Without a Compass(2015), The Little Picture in Her Wallet(2015), Merry Xmas(2015) (her brother Bowman worked in direction department), Episodic(2014), As Tears Go By(2012), Plastic Jesus(2012), Somebody(2012)
- Singer: She has performed as a singer in few of the movies she has been part of. Merry Xmas & Plastic Jesus are among them
- Photographer: she has worked as a still photographer in a short film named Jesus Was a Commie(2011).
- [About her career as an actress] I was originally insecure and nervous, but now I'm really confident and excited to see where it takes me.
- [About becoming an actress] I grew up with my dad, who is also an actor, being on the set, it always made me happy, I knew that was what I always wanted to do.
- Yes, I'm very lucky. Luck is one thing, but hard work is another, my hard work has gotten me to where I'm now. My father's name has gotten my foot to more doors, it has got more opportunities, but once I got there , I had to show my talent.
- Be humble.
- I feel like lot of people are more self conscious of what they look like, that is not good. It has its ups and come downs.
- [When asked what challenges the world is facing today]- Trump
- I am very proud of my descent. Many people don't believe that I am of black, Puerto Rican & Caucasian descent. We are all a unique mix of races.
- My dad always told us to learn 'please' and 'thank you' in every language.
- My mom can not watch horror movies.
- I love to act, music and acting are completely different.
- If you want to be in the industry, you have to have a thick skin.
- I can't stand these couples, they come across one little hiccup and they throw in the towel.
- [About Love and relationships] If you love the person you are with, you acknowledge that you are going to have ups and downs, but you weather the storm. If it is worth the fight ,you have to do it.
- Trump and his minions are like the kid who thinks he can get away with stealing cookies but has chocolate all over his face.