Emma Kenney is an American TV & movie actress & singer. Debbie Gallagher in Shameless, Marigold Girl in Epic , Emma in Bittersweet, Rosie Rivette in Day Camp.
Emma Rose Kenney was born on 14th September 1999 in Manhattan, New York, United States to Kevin Kenney(Father)- a sports journalist & Gillian Kenney(Mother)- an attorney. She was brought up in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
Emma Kenney: Facts & Trivia
- Emma's interest in acting started early, she started acting at the age of 5, she attended acting classes with her friend Ciera Gill. She is trained in improvization classes as well.
- Scholastic Books Corporation: She has appeared in the commercials for Scholastic Corporation (a Pennsylvania based organization).
- Voice Over: She has given voice for characters in My Love Affair with Marriage, Epic.
- She loves animals and wants to open animal shelter some day.
- She has a pet dogs named Charles[German shepherd terrier mix, a female], she is associated with the animal rescue group PETA.
- Emma and the character Debbie Gallagher she plays are vary contrasting in real life except that Emma & Debbie are both studious at school
- Emma has appeared many TV series and commercials, Shameless gave her the major breakthrough.
- She used to do student films at NYU, she considers them her big break into acting field.
- Emma's manager Maggie Schuster on Emma: "She exudes a massive amount of self-confidence, maturity, and professionalism that complement her natural talents as an actor, this is what makes her so special and unique."
- The New Girl in Town(2009): In 2009 Emma wrote and directed a Vampire themed short film, it was among the finalists at the New Jersey International Film Festival. She is the youngest person to have made a film that made it into the finals. She made the film with her friends. She edited the movie with her mom.
- She wants to become a detective when she grows up.
- I Miss Your Bones: She appeared in the music video for hospitality
- She is the only daughter of her parents.
- She close friends with her co-star Jeremy Allen White, who plays her elder brother on Shameless.
- Car or Diploma?: She prefers Cars [So that she can travel]
- What is she most grateful for?: Friends, Mom & Dad.
- She feels writing letters is a better way of expressing feelings. She has tried writing letters to her parents.
- She is a big movie fan, she watches many movies a days like 5 a day.
- She likes 90s music.
- Popsugar called her role in Roseanne reboot- Seriously Perfect Casting, some fans noted the resemblance with her past characters as well.
- She wants to buy a house for herself.
- She wants to study writing & direction academically, preferably at Tisch School of Arts(New York University)
- Sexual assaults in Hollywood: Emma revealed on HBO-Vice News that she had been sexually assaulted twice in the past 2 years & she doesn't want others in the field to feel alone.
- She is obsessed with Ansel Elgort and Dylan O'Brien, she follows on Twitter, Instagram and other social media.
- She has studied Spanish, Journalism & Biology at school.
- Some people have come to her, hugged and told her they have seen her grow up on the show.
- She has modelled for Breelayne Official: VDV The Label pants
- She is a Vegetarian
- She likes her Lowkey, Gucci loafers. She wants to own Chanel combat boots.
- She wants to act in action movies likes "Hunger Games" and period movies.
- She loves her color dyed- forest green.
- Qualities she likes in a partner- Commitment, Trustworthiness, kindness. Hobbies that make them look hot like Surfing and skating
- She is afraid of- Going blind.
- Animal organizations: She has worked with organizations such as- Best Friends, PETA, Mercy for Animals.
- She is obsessed with writing and direction. She has already written some 50 short film scripts & has directed 20 short films.
Emma Kenney: Quotes
- You're most likely not going to book your first audition. It takes tons of time and work.
- If you put pressure on your kids to book every audition, they won't enjoy it anymore, and they won't book it either
- I would totally love to do theater.
- Get Your Head Out of Your Ass and Adopt [About Buying animals vs adopting]
- [about acting career] I love it, t is the only thing I can see myself doing for the rest of my life, I can't think of any thing other than acting.
- I was always make believing, playing with friends watching movies, It was inevitable that I ended into acting.
- I want to play as many different characters as possible, I don't want to closet myself into a category.
- I want to play characters that are very similar to my personality or something very contrasting, it would be a challenge.
- I think it is nice to ways for things, people are about instant gratification these days with social media, internet, gadgets and all.
- I almost wish I was alive before the days of Social Media, Iphone.
- I can't even watch the news these days anymore with all that crazy stuff going on.
- My Own Private Idaho is a beautiful movie, I want to work with director Gus Van Sant so badly
- I like all music, except for country music, I don't like country music.
- I'm just proud of myself that I'm working hard, that I have a good work ethic.
- I'm literally like a grandma. I don't wanna go to a party on New Year's Eve.
- I want to surround myself with positive people
- I'm more interested in directing and acting, not interest in becoming a mathematician.
- [About being a woman in Hollywood] We always have to go that extra mile to get the same recognition, but it makes us stronger in a way.
- I just think it's unethical to eat meat. It's just unnecessary.
- I've never felt like I fit in. I'm weird, outspoken, and odd. But that's what's fun about life.
- Growing up kind of sucks.
- I feel like there’s nine lives in a soul, and you’re 9th life is a cat, where you’re just chilling and you've lived all your experiences.
- I have a literal fear of decaf coffee.
Emma Kenney: Photos, Pictures
Emma Kenney with Dad (Kevin Kenney)
Emma Kenney with parents: Dad(Kevin Kenney), Mom (Gillian Kenney)
Emma Kenney with grandfather
Emma Kenney in Bikini
Emma Kenney in Bikini
Emma Kenney Pregnant pics[from the show]
Emma Kenney Pregnant[from the show]